Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Superpowers that are depicted as weaker Then they actually are.

Stretching: makes you flexible and bullet proof. Hardly goofy power it is depicted as.

Animal mimicry: Do you realize that their are animal living to day that are essentially immortal? Eels can generate electricity. Bats can use sound to move around in the dark. When you really think about the variety of strange animal abilities out there. You understand how powerful characters like Vixen Beast boy and Animal man are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    When you really think about the variety of strange animal abilities out there. You understand how powerful characters like Vixen Beast boy and Animal man are.
    Animal Man is one of the most powerful superheroes of the entire comic book world (DC + Marvel), but nobody realizes this.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Vixen the thread.

Mighty Member

I dont know if it fits here, BUT Kon El TTK was always depicted as weaker than it was..

Because:
    1. other characters like Martian Manhunter used TTK to boost their actual Super-Strenght. Kon El instead always only used TTK or Super-Strenght never both at the same time.
    2. It was actually limited when it comes to fire,water and electricty...which he should also have been able to protect himself or control it...

Extraordinary Member

Superspeed, the energies and forces at the supposed near light speed levels of the speeds ters are just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Superspeed, the energies and forces at the supposed near light speed levels of the speeds ters are just crazy.
    I don't think super-speed is ever depicted as a weaker power.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont know if it fits here, BUT Kon El TTK was always depicted as weaker than it was..

Because:
    1. other characters like Martian Manhunter used TTK to boost their actual Super-Strenght. Kon El instead always only used TTK or Super-Strenght never both at the same time.
    2. It was actually limited when it comes to fire,water and electricty...which he should also have been able to protect himself or control it...
    I was actually surprised when I first found out Kon's power is telekinesis because the impression I got was he just has super strength since that's all he does in the ones I read.

Cyborg is a human/motherboxx composite being, yet he's often portrayed as a glorified uber for the Justice League or a paper doll to get torn up by whichever baddie needs to be depicted as being threatening for that story. He should basically be a New God, which is an idea I'm glad they are toying with in JL:Odyssey. I'd say it's indicative of how poorly cybernetic powered characters can be portrayed under the pen of weaker writers.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-11-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think super-speed is ever depicted as a weaker power.
    If the speedsters actually always moved as fast as they supposedly can, every story about them would end the instant it started.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Atom. Dude can take things apart on a molecular level.

Super-speed clearly.

Quite hilarious to watch those cartoons though like Justice League or Young Justice where speedsters always use their powers in the most ineffective way possible or sometimes just plainly forgot they can run fast lol.

I can't honestly imagine how any of the magic characters like Zatanna and Raven don't dominate any non-magic opponent they face. Magic in just about every medium is so ill defined and powerful that, realistically, every character who has a good grasp of it should be OP. Or at least more OP than they're usually shown to be.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Speedsters. Often depicted as being idiots that are easily thwarted. My pet peeve is when they ignore super speed also means super perception/reflexes.

Anyone with even a basic understanding of Quantum physic would know how powerful sub atomic Particle manipulators like Atom or Ant-Man could be. Quantum physics Spyridon Michalakis is a quantum physicist at the California Institute of Technology and his favorite superhero is Superman. Michalakis has said Supes would not stand a chance against heroes like Ant-Man and Atom.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science...ilm-ncna890411

Have to go with the already mentioned superspeed. Speedsters have the potential to be some of the most powerful characters in fiction yet writers can rarely depict a speedster at their full potential because then they couldn't tell most of the stories they want to with the character. The simple equation F=MA is enough on its own to demonstrate how OP speedsters could be.

Astonishing Member

All of Aquamans. Probably Mera even moreso.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com