Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Jon Kent is meant to go all Injustice...shocker.
    Injustice is boring,though.I hope jon is meant to destroy the metropolis,Like tomasi had in mind for the kid.Now that's better dark future.Superman being a dictator is done to death and boring now.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Only read a select few parts of books I planned on reading (Green Lantern and Wonder Woman) as I wasn't interested in seeing Diana shill a bunch of characters I don't care about, so with that said;

Didn't care for the art in the WW story but I liked the test of bravery thing they did to determine the new Queen. Though Nubia has a real "remember the new guy" vibe going on given how she has been present in WW's series for a long while.

Still no real interest in Yara.

I enjoyed the Green Lantern sections (including Alan in this). Looks promising.

I smiled when Diana did the Wonder-spin.

Overall it was a solid issue that did its job of setting up the new status quo well imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Jon Kent is meant to go all Injustice...shocker.
    I don't think that was the case, I think that was meant to be what the Spectre was worried about given Jon's insane life but instead Jon showed that he is the son of Superman and a good person. I would assume that someone like Spectre would worry about the perversion of power, but it is not as if he 100% knows for a fact Jon will turn evil.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So is it a secret that Nubia is the daughter of Hippolyta as well? Seems like only Hippolyta and Nubia knows..thoughts?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    - Ending this by presenting the big bad of everything and killing all the members of the quintessence is a pretty big thing. So, why the heck where the writers thinking asking Romita Jr. to draw it????
    This Quintessence first appear in Justice League by Snyder drawn by Romita Jr. so maybe that's why

BANNED

Happy for Darkseid to finally get some respect,
    but the Big Bad of the event seems to be the being that the Quintessence locked away on Earth-Omega instead of Darkseid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This Quintessence first appear in Justice League by Snyder drawn by Romita Jr. so maybe that's why
    Nah, the first issue of Snyder JL was drawn by Jim Cheung.

I’m kinda tempted to check this out, but I know buying it only rewards DC’s worst tendencies and encourages them to start planning the next reboot for a year from now. (If they’re not already.)

Even if I like what they set up, they won’t stick with it, so I think I’ll vote with my wallet this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I’m kinda tempted to check this out, but I know buying it only rewards DC’s worst tendencies and encourages them to start planning the next reboot for a year from now. (If they’re not already.)

Even if I like what they set up, they won’t stick with it, so I think I’ll vote with my wallet this time.
    If it’s any consolation, they’re not known for thinking that far ahead.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So is it a secret that Nubia is the daughter of Hippolyta as well? Seems like only Hippolyta and Nubia knows..thoughts?
    I have no idea at this point. Would be great for this whole matter to be cleared up. Hippolyta doesn't talk to her like she would to Diana at all.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Nah, the first issue of Snyder JL was drawn by Jim Cheung.
    The main story yeah but the page when The Quintessence watches The Totality heading towards Earth was by JRJR

I am happy that spoilers:
    Darkseid
    end of spoilers is back...however...did they seriously have to pull those last 3 pages like that????

How about have him sitting on his Throne in his Palace observing them as he says something about how now that he is finally reconnected with the rest of the Multiverse, his real work can begin again...

We did not need that massacre to know how terribly strong that character is. The best uses of him have been as the Shadowy Architect whose Intellect actually dwarfs his power, which has always been enough to take on Superman (except for Final Crisis but F*** Final Crisis imo).

We JUST got over The Batman Who Laughs...we honestly did NOT need a new Primary Protagonist for the DC Universe with the 2nd Big Issue release after Death Metal...

As for the Issue...The Joker stuff HARD PASS...you just finished Joker War and yet now you are some how upping the ante??? As for Bruces new status quo...it loses A LOT of it's edge due to the creation of the Bat-Family over the last few Decades. Batman having to play by a Spider-Man Budget without Alfred for a prolonged period of time would have been interesting if Bruce were still the primary defender of Gotham...but he is FAR from that now. There is too much of a Safety Net for him now, even without Alfred or his money.

Jon Kent...we are all of the same mind. They could have brought back our Favorite Super-Son but instead we get the same Teenager who DC is now just calling Evil ffs...

Conner Kent...He should be at Titan Academy...or at least getting FAR more Respect than we just saw, just based off of how Bendis spent his time on Young Justice and Superman going out of his way to include him (the 1 thing from Bendis' run that I really liked and appreciated honestly)...We finally got "Our" Conner back...and now Amanda Waller has him?!?!?!?

But overall, it felt like they were building something going forward...until those last 3 pages made it clear that DC is still not against Flipping the "Chess" Board even when the Game just started...sigh
    Last edited by gambit2051; 03-02-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Extraordinary Member

So Phantom Stranger and Spectre no more?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So Phantom Stranger and Spectre no more?
    At least it happened on page??? lol

So much for their vaunted power levels...or just quick cannon fodder to prove how "much stronger" he has become...sigh
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.