Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I plan of getting this book.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    My thoughts are similar, like animals get to take up space on team books than actual human characters ...and you guys know what human characters I mean.

Smh.
    But Detective Chimp is awesome .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I think having both Dr. Fate and Zatanna on a team is rather redundant considering their powersets. I would much rather have somebody like Deadman or even Animal Man as they both have a unique skill set that can be put to good use.
    I don't think Fate is going to be an ongoing member even if he's in the book.

Fate usually is in-and-out on teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Sounds great, and since this is a mini 'Tec reunion of sorts, it's not impossible we might see some of that cast guest star, especially if they aren't in anything else.
    And now Zatanna won't be able to steal from Azrael's screentime since they're in different League books .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But Detective Chimp is awesome .

I don't think Fate is going to be an ongoing member even if he's in the book.

Fate usually is in-and-out on teams.

And now Zatanna won't be able to steal from Azrael's screentime since they're in different League books .
    I’’m not thrilled with man bat or swamp thing, but I can’t take detective chimp seriously. I don’t know why fate can’t stick around, unless the JSA is coming back soon.

Wonder Woman and Zatanna? I need this book to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    My thoughts are similar, like animals get to take up space on team books than actual human characters ...and you guys know what human characters I mean.

Smh.
    Always quite telling that a chimp and bat creature are considered more important than Black Orchid and Dr Mist, two characters that could use the build up. I just can't....
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    one arc? I'm giving him one issue
    I'm not giving him even that much.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Always quite telling that a chimp and bat creature are considered more important than Black Orchid and Dr Mist, two characters that could use the build up. I just can't....
    Who's to say they're not building up Detective Chimp?

Gorilla Grodd is one of their most iconic villains, after all.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You naysayers deeply confuse me.
    I think I've explained my reasons for not liking Tynion's work pretty clearly in the past.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who's to say they're not building up Detective Chimp?

Gorilla Grodd is one of their most iconic villains, after all.
    What benefit would building up a Chimp (or any other animal character) have? At least with Dr Mist and Orchid you can delve into interesting aspects of African and Latin American folklore/mythology/magic.

What benefit would building up a Chimp (or any other animal character) have? At least with Dr Mist and Orchid you can delve into interesting aspects of African and Latin American folklore/mythology/magic.
    I think a detective who can give Batman a run for his money while also being a chimp is worth it, but that's just me .

But, again, it seems like Tynion plans to touch on most of the DCU's mystical/magical characters in this.

I wasn’t aware black orchid was a latino character; now i’d really like to see her here.

Man-Bat isn't an animal. He's a dude, a white homo sapien. Calling him an animal is weird, considering how many characters with animalistic transofmrations have been on teams over the years. It'd be like dismissing Wolfsbane or Beast Boy as an animal.

Detective Chimp, though, is awesome. He's been part of the DC magic side for well over a decade at this point. In addition to the magic side, he brings in a character with detective skills, gives a link to both the Bat family as well as 50s/60s characters (since him and Rex the Wonder Dog as Atomic Age characters in timeline and first appearance), and gives you an avenue into a mythology that is rarely explored, Meso-American/Spaniard mythology, since his origin involves the Fountain of Youth.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’’m not thrilled with man bat or swamp thing, but I can’t take detective chimp seriously. I don’t know why fate can’t stick around, unless the JSA is coming back soon.
    Uhg. No fate no buy no read
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Man-Bat isn't an animal. He's a dude, a white homo sapien. Calling him an animal is weird, considering how many characters with animalistic transofmrations have been on teams over the years. It'd be like dismissing Wolfsbane or Beast Boy as an animal.

Detective Chimp, though, is awesome. He's been part of the DC magic side for well over a decade at this point. In addition to the magic side, he brings in a character with detective skills, gives a link to both the Bat family as well as 50s/60s characters (since him and Rex the Wonder Dog as Atomic Age characters in timeline and first appearance), and gives you an avenue into a mythology that is rarely explored, Meso-American/Spaniard mythology, since his origin involves the Fountain of Youth.
    Yes, it's so amazing that we get to explore my heritage (Meso-American/Spanish) through a chimp and not a human character that actually shares that heritage. Not interested man. But if you are, then that's cool.

Only good team book coming out of No Justice is the regular JL book (Odyssey looks cool). Everything else is meh...

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wasn’t aware black orchid was a latino character; now i’d really like to see her here.
    Yup, her name is Alba Garcia. Would love to see her return but of course with Jessica around, bringing Alba back would break DC's one at a time rule (ie Sideways and Jessica Cruz are the current Latino/a reps.)
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-24-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I could see Man-Bat as a member. He has a somewhat Werewolf by Night quality to him.

I'll have to wait and see on Detective Chimp. Although... his presence does help solidify that Shadowpact can be considered the forerunner of JLD.

It's not the team I would've thrown together. But then, the line-up I would put together would require writing on the other side of Jim Starlin's early Marvel stuff.
    And I don't think that would sell to traditional superhero readers.

We take what we can get.
    And at least now JLD/Shadowpact won't be thought of as a one-trick pony. It may just lead to bigger and better things for the team.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.