Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Isn't Jean literally, the role Jean was playing after her return, a politician figure in X-men Red going so far as to gain recognition from the UN, as well as Black Panther and Namor...continuing exactly where she left off in NXM?

Two words, X-men Gold, Storm fans moreso than many should know "wait and see" is the usual line readers pass off when there faves are actually relevant to the plot!

This is perhaps the most delightful part, I've seen the carnage unleashed on these boards from two groups of fans so their opinions are almost laughable given they've lost it over much less!

If you were a new fan of the X-men, that read only HOX/POX from those stories you'd have no idea who Jean was, on the opposite end in the same amount of time Hickman was able to do great jobs with Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Destiny, Emma, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nimrod, Polaris, Moira, Monet, and the Stepford Cuckoos, etc while doing fairly reasonable jobs with Cyke, Storm. While also being directly responsible for creating the new status quo for the entirety of the franchise. If we're aren't suppose to judge his own work, based on those 12 issues when some ongoing series get less, it is indeed laughable to expect another writer to save his version of the particular character we're discussing. I only have his work to base my current opinion on, that opinion did not change after X-men 1 but I suppose we should wait for the second issue of that as well.

We can also stop pretending that fans of Jean want her as the central figure of these stories, of the above characters listed only a handful received consistent attention, the difference in my opinion the little we did get meant more, and felt truer to their core. I continuously use Destiny as an example she didn't need to use her powers or lift a single finger and yet her role was incredibly memorable for me. You enjoyed the series, that's great but you nor no one else gets to tell readers how they evaluate an author's work especially when it was designed to set a new status for all the characters involved. Sure things could get better but based on the actual issues, I've actually read under the actual author that will be writing the actual one shot we're currently discussing I'm unimpressed. Others might feel differently, but if you'll notice the most vocal are also those fans who faves were given something to work with.

X-force is it's own entity, the same as Marauders, or Excalibur regardless of the job Percy does with Jean that has nothing to do with the current commentary on Hickman's version of the character who has been lackluster as of right now. This all becomes worse for fans of Jean as she's barely been back for two years and outside of maybe X-men Red she hasn't had the same focus as her peers.
    I dont care for the premise of this book at ALL so your point made here definitely doesnt apply to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Disagree.
    That was the way that Hickman choose to frame the story, and I guess X-force shows that stakes are high.

Well who knows if Hickman going to pay off in the end. Anyway people are free to criticize Hickman when they feel like it

Every fan complains a lot when they fave is getting the worse.
    I'm going to need some receipts on that because i don't. And a lot of other posters don't. I haven't been back in the Excalibur thread once because obviously the way it was going no one wanted to hear my honest criticisms or confusion. It's okay to not agree with something but in essence your making almost every thread about you and it's a little unfair.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm going to need some receipts on that because i don't. And a lot of other posters don't. I haven't been back in the Excalibur thread once because obviously the way it was going no one wanted to hear my honest criticisms or confusion. It's okay to not agree with something but in essence your making almost every thread about you and it's a little unfair.
    I don't think I make everything about myself, I have some problems with x-books that other postrs doesn't have. If prople doesn't want to engage, just ignore my posts. I think it is the best for everyone

I don't think I make everything about myself, I have some problems with x-books that other postrs doesn't have. If prople doesn't want to engage, just ignore my posts. I think it is the best for everyone
    I don't think thats the intent i'm just trying to be honest in what it feels like. We already know how you feel about Hickman and Jean but it feels like you go out of your way to make that same point as much as possible and it sort of some times feels viscious. I don't think it is but it feels that way sometimes when the same point is being made pretty much the same way and i think people engage because they don't think you are being that type of person but from what i have read when they do engage you flip flop on what the intent was or inflict your own meaning to make it work to support your argument. For instance in one thread you said Jean would never go after Scarlet Witch but then when it was shown she did you debunked it and was like it was Jeen. And i have seen that several times but i'm not the board police. I think your opinions are valuable and hate to see you stuck in a rut and it can be a bit of a turn off. I won't bring it up again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think thats the intent i'm just trying to be honest in what it feels like. We already know how you feel about Hickman and Jean but it feels like you go out of your way to make that same point as much as possible and it sort of some times feels viscious. I don't think it is but it feels that way sometimes when the same point is being made pretty much the same way and i think people engage because they don't think you are being that type of person but from what i have read when they do engage you flip flop on what the intent was or inflict your own meaning to make it work to support your argument. For instance in one thread you said Jean would never go after Scarlet Witch but then when it was shown she did you debunked it and was like it was Jeen. And i have seen that several times but i'm not the board police. I think your opinions are valuable and hate to see you stuck in a rut and it can be a bit of a turn off. I won't bring it up again.
    Me saying that Jean would never do that was wrong, as she did it when she first meet scarlet witch. Still later on the solo, she team up with Wanda. I really don't think there is problem anymore, doesn't mean that Jean wouldn't still have a word with Her. I would be all for that
    I really don't see it that way, I like to be able to speak my mind about what I want. It can be a little repetitive, but I don't see the differentce between me and people who didn't liked x-men Gold and complaining about it.
    Sure I try to not make every thread about it. But look this thread is about Emma, jean and Hickman. I don't get why I derail it talking about these 3

Me saying that Jean would never do that was wrong, as she did it when she first meet scarlet witch. Still later on the solo, she team up with Wanda. I really don't think there is problem anymore, doesn't mean that Jean wouldn't still have a word with Her. I would be all for that
    I really don't see it that way, I like to be able to speak my mind about what I want. It can be a little repetitive, but I don't see the differentce between me and people who didn't liked x-men Gold and complaining about it.
    Sure I try to not make every thread about it. But look this thread is about Emma, jean and Hickman. I don't get why I derail it talking about these 3
    Your right, it is, i will be the first to say i addressed it in the wrong place, it would have been more respectful for me to PM you and i apologize for that. I generally don't send PMs unless im responding to one so it didn't cross my mind.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As I posted elsewhere...I'm hoping HiX-Man gives us a book centred exclusively around and featuring only Jean, Emma and Storm. I wouldn't care to see any other supporting characters.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As I posted elsewhere...I'm hoping HiX-Man gives us a book centred exclusively around and featuring only Jean, Emma and Storm. I wouldn't care to see any other supporting characters.
    Giant Size 2 should be Storm gathering Emma and Jean to save the rest of the X-Men! Then we can have the three power women of the X-books saving the world together!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Giant Size 2 should be Storm gathering Emma and Jean to save the rest of the X-Men! Then we can have the three power women of the X-books saving the world together!
    Add Rogue, Capsy and Pryde and make XMEN LEGACY or XWOMEN or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Add Rogue, Capsy and Pryde and make XMEN LEGACY or XWOMEN or something like that.
    lol, it would be cool if the Giant Size issues all feature the X-women, haha, I would love it!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The full solicit, two variant covers listed.

GIANT SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE HUDDLESTON
    Variant Cover by Iban Coello
    BLANK Variant COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    Hickman & Dauterman take on Grey & Frost!
    The first of five essential X-tales specially designed to showcase some of Marvel’s best artists! First up, Russell Dauterman, superstar artist of THOR and WAR OF THE REALMS! When Storm is in danger, it’s going to take two of the most powerful telepaths on Earth working together to make things right. Jean Grey and Emma Frost, together again for the good of Krakoa!
    40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

GIANT SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY & EMMA FROST #1 POSTER
    FOC 01/06/20, ON-SALE 02/05/20
    24x36…$8.99
    5960605400-87821

Last edited by myownlittleusername; 11-21-2019 at 09:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Trinity we need to balance out/supplant X/Mags/Apoc!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Why would Jean or Storm would want anything to do with Emma?
    Emma is cool but far away from these ladies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why would Jean or Storm would want anything to do with Emma?
    Emma is cool but far away from these ladies
    And yet we keep getting covers and solicits telling us they’ll both be interacting pretty closely with Emma. The answer to your question is no doubt forthcoming.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    And yet we keep getting covers and solicits telling us they’ll both be interacting pretty closely with Emma. The answer to your question is no doubt forthcoming.
    Of course they will hang out and become best friends it just doesn't make sense for Jean or Storm to want anything to do with Emma (ever). But that doesn't matter