Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Yeah, it should be easier than going through the crucible, but there's a huge queue to get resurrected if you aren't killed in action or you don't go through the crucible. I think Karma thinks this is the fastest way.

I was under the impression that they can't resurrect Tier, because because cerebro is still updating his file, meaning he's still alive somewhere.

I just found out the story of the moon rabbit that's referred to in this issue. You can read it here. I find it interesting that it's a story about self sacrifice. Not something that Tran is known for.

This issue just made me remember an issue Domino annual #1 where Nightcrawler made a support group about Non human passing mutants talking about distancing themselves from human expectation of body images and accepting mutant bodies.

I think there might need to be that for some of these kids characters like Bling, Briquette, Marrow, Doop, Toad, Eye boy, Beak, and Stacy X

Didn't Chamber teach a class for mutants like that, too? I really don't understand why he's not on the team given the story themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Didn't Chamber teach a class for mutants like that, too? I really don't understand why he's not on the team given the story themes.
    I'm sure after these kids mess up big time some of the more experienced mutants who have been through this phase already will talk to them telling Dani and Karma they got this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm sure after these kids mess up big time some of the more experienced mutants who have been through this phase already will talk to them telling Dani and Karma they got this.
    And then they decide to just give them a classic school education, in order for them to have something to do during the morning and noon, which occupies their minds and gives them a regular schedule and organize occasional class trips, all under protest of Exodus for being "too human" in method.

This issue just made me remember an issue Domino annual #1 where Nightcrawler made a support group about Non human passing mutants talking about distancing themselves from human expectation of body images and accepting mutant bodies.

I think there might need to be that for some of these kids characters like Bling, Briquette, Marrow, Doop, Toad, Eye boy, Beak, and Stacy X
    Adding to the joking suggestion above.

Stacy X volunteers to teach math (who says she isn't good at it?), Marrow wants to do a field trip to teach the kids about graffiti culture, cut-and-cover construct techniques and Gustavo tiles, Toad wants to do a theater workshop for The King's Jester, Doop wants to make a film project about super hero culture in mainstream media, Graymalkin volunteers to teach history (starting with 18th century New York society) and Beak volunteers to teach biology.

Ultimate Member

You'd think that sort of thing would have happened already, and not everyone set Dani and Karma up to fail at this, instead.

Instead, we have exactly two mutants who seem remotely interested in mentoring the next generation.

Exodus and Amal Farouk.

*Surely* we can do better than that?

Anyone at all on Krakoa who might be a better role model or more positive influence, say, a former headmaster, like Banshee?

Just sayin.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    You'd think that sort of thing would have happened already, and not everyone set Dani and Karma up to fail at this, instead.

Instead, we have exactly two mutants who seem remotely interested in mentoring the next generation.

Exodus and Amal Farouk.

*Surely* we can do better than that?

Anyone at all on Krakoa who might be a better role model or more positive influence, say, a former headmaster, like Banshee?

Just sayin.'
    There is really no need to have a school in the traditional sense like they have always had. Instead there just needs to be combat training/power usage which Magik is taking care of and then Mental Awareness/Care

Krakoa doesn't need mutant to work for money they just need to find there place in Krakoa to help out the collective and be able to defend Krakoa

Ultimate Member

There is really no need to have a school in the traditional sense like they have always had. Instead there just needs to be combat training/power usage which Magik is taking care of and then Mental Awareness/Care

Krakoa doesn't need mutant to work for money they just need to find there place in Krakoa to help out the collective and be able to defend Krakoa
    Not at all what I was saying, I was agreeing with your original sentiment that 'I'm sure after these kids mess up big time some of the more experienced mutants who have been through this phase already will talk to them telling Dani and Karma they got this.'

Rather than have Dani and Karma fumble around not knowing how to help these kids, or letting Exodus and maybe-Shadow-King get their hooks into them, someone with more experience could come along and put them into contact with people who can help them, and share their specific concerns or experiences, such as hooking up Cosimar (sp?) with Proteus and let her sit through a day with the Five, seeing what a grown-up 'reality manipulator' does, and how much his power takes out of him, and how he deals with it, and has learned to manage both the power and it's costs.

As for schools, a telepath can download a skill or language or a bunch of knowledge into your brain in like six seconds. "Today children, we're going to learn how to fly, repair and maintain a Blackbird modified by alien Shair technology. And we're done. Go play."

That's what I think 'mutant school' should be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As for schools, a telepath can download a skill or language or a bunch of knowledge into your brain in like six seconds. "Today children, we're going to learn how to fly, repair and maintain a Blackbird modified by alien Shair technology. And we're done. Go play."

That's what I think 'mutant school' should be.
    That sounds like a highly dangerous idea, not to forget extremely lazy on the adult's side, considering it skips over the entire actual learning and memorization process involved in actualy acquiring skills and knowledge, aswell as leaving out any kind of practical tests and application of the learned informations, which are necessary for both the further memorization of informations or muscle movements and for those who are doing the learning (and often teaching too) to find errors, mistakes or issues in how they remember the informations they acquired and how they can apply them.

And this is the case for both mental skills and knowledge as well as physical craft. Including art, music and writing.

Even physical games are often part of a learning process to teach kids how to handle their bodies better, or apply skills they acquired, which even happens among animals where kids brawl or chase each other, both training social interactions aswell as physical abilities.

Learning is a complex process of repetition and engagement, it helps the brain to develop better or keeps maintaining it and the human ability to reflect on these actions and informations via the creative mind we have has made us so successfull as a species (for better or worse).

To essentialy remove the entire learning process in favor of just "downloading" informations directly into the brain sounds like the perfect recipe for stunted minds and lacking creativity. It encourages pure by the number application, rather than allowing a person to find the right way for them to apply learned informations.

These kids are allready suffering from neglected attention, having no proper schedule for their daily activities, too much free time they don't know what to do with, no "careers" or future roles in society to aim for (even the fantasy ones) except "warrior", "leader" or "machine part" if they have the fitting powers for it and an overall society that aims for a constant state of "perfect adulthood" thanks to constant body replication.

The society of Krakoa allready has a serious Brave New World feel going on, adding the idea of them gaining their knowledge from cold emotionless downlaods directly into the brain, mainly for saving time, instead of acquiring skill and knowledge as part of their natural learning process over a longer time, sounds like another puzzle piece to the picture of a dystopian world.

It also has the serious danger of turning "childhood" into a machinated process.
    And once that has become normality what's next? Skipping the entire growing up process entirely, so they aren't a "burden" to the "immortal" society of mutants anymore, with their few "trivial" years of troublesome teenager behaviour?
    The Children of Tomorrow say hello.

And that's before we go into the whole subject of people in this mutant society being mainly valued not by their potential skill or jobs, but super powers alone.

Let's hope they have a plan for enough islands where those can go that want to enjoy live the old fashioned way.

Mighty Member

I just found out the story of the moon rabbit that's referred to in this issue. You can read it here. I find it interesting that it's a story about self sacrifice. Not something that Tran is known for.
    That's Korean not Vietnamese. Don't confuse between the two.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it should be easier than going through the crucible, but there's a huge queue to get resurrected if you aren't killed in action or you don't go through the crucible. I think Karma thinks this is the fastest way.

I was under the impression that they can't resurrect Tier, because because cerebro is still updating his file, meaning he's still alive somewhere.
    It's quite ridiculous when one of the member of X-Force was resurrected umpteen times and the others not given a chance to resurrect even once.

Why is Tier still alive? I thought he was dead long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's quite ridiculous when one of the member of X-Force was resurrected umpteen times and the others not given a chance to resurrect even once.

He is dead, we saw him and his father going back to the asgard death realm on the X-men tie in for war of the realms

That's Korean not Vietnamese. Don't confuse between the two.
    Well, that was dumb of me. I wonder where my brain was at? The story is pretty much the same throughout east Asia, though. Here's the Vietnamese versions. The first two are almost identical to the one in the previous link. They all involve self sacrifice, which seems odd for Tran.

He's dead and thats a current plot point in this book