Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Default Should The Five Attend the Gala, Or Would That Be Too Risky?

The Five are among Krakoa's most beloved citizens and are worthy to attend such a glamorous affair, but would inviting them paint targets on their backs?
    My flag is bacon.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

The Five are most likely not gonna go im guessing because they are leaving krakoan soil and putting themselves as well all mutants in danger.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've gotta imagine Xavier and Magneto have thought up a fail safe plan in case one of the five die by now, I'm sure that'll eventually happen and Hickman will explain how it works.

The Five won't attend, it is way to risky. Who outside of Krakoa knows of the Five and what they can do ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Five won't attend, it is way to risky. Who outside of Krakoa knows of the Five and what they can do ?.
    Possible the Xeno group led by Piotr's brother.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

As we aw none of the Five in gala designs, I believe they indeed would not attendd and besides that, they do not want the secret of the Five to be out, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    The Five are among Krakoa's most beloved citizens and are worthy to attend such a glamorous affair, but would inviting them paint targets on their backs?
    Well there is no real longtime risk, given they can just clone them back to life like everyone else and in the meantime employ mutants with similiar powers as B-team, to take care of turning left over eggs into new clone bodies.

Though the "shock" of seeing them get harmed might lower the mood among the citizen for a while, but that will just get back up when they are revived in some big ceremony where everyone can shout "mutant!" and have them crawl out of gold egg while in suspiciously well placed sunlight.

They are utterly replaceable, both in terms of powers and life. So in long term, there no risk what so ever.

The only harm to the ressurection process would be an attack on all Cerebro storages at once and Xeno allready has potential access to it via the sword stolen by Mikhail, so no need to actualy do anything at the Gala and for everyone else there Xavier himself is carrying one around on his head 24/7 (unless that gold one is a fake) so that should be the true weakpoint to attack.

However it's likely the Five are occupied with making bodies anyway, that they have no interest to attend the Gala in first place.

Mighty Member

The Five do an important job to be sure but it's like they have no life outside of said job. Do they get out and socialize, do they have hobbies, romantic relationships or is it just a constant repetition of creating new bodies for dead mutants 24/7? Yeah I'm sure it's great to be seen as indispensable and be adored by fellow mutants but it must suck to be pigeonholed into one single solitary job and nothing else. And what's worse is when some mutants like Pixie intentionally get themselves killed for shits and giggles, adding more work for the Five; that has to be frustrating. A major gala is about to begin, many mutants will be there dressed to the nines but you can't attend because you gotta work, you always have to work. I mean I'm sure Eva and Hope would love to dress up and go to the gala, maybe even Josh and Goldballs. I think the Five gotta renegotiate their job with Xavier.

Astonishing Member

Isn’t it implied the Five are gradually becoming a shared conciousness?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Isn’t it implied the Five are gradually becoming a shared conciousness?
    I think Proteus is the most invulnerable and therefore should attend as representative, they'll just think it's some random mutant streaker lol

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I've gotta imagine Xavier and Magneto have thought up a fail safe plan in case one of the five die by now, I'm sure that'll eventually happen and Hickman will explain how it works.
    They could just keep a fresh body of each as back-up. Similar to how there are redundant Cerebro units.

There are several Xavier husks available for Proteus, so it stands to reason that there are multiple husks ready for the rest of the Five

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    As we aw none of the Five in gala designs, I believe they indeed would not attendd and besides that, they do not want the secret of the Five to be out, right?
    Picking this old comment up. They appeared in one of the previews and are apparently attending the gala. So there seems to have been no concerns about them being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are several Xavier husks available for Proteus, so it stands to reason that there are multiple husks ready for the rest of the Five
    And they made spare bodies before the Five were even a thing. So chances are Forge has some classic cloning vats somewhere in storage, which they would just need to dust off.

So Quentin is security detail for them?