Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Animated Shows Leaving Hulu!

I watch animated shows on Saturday it's my thing and I notice the Marvel shows on Hulu like 90's X-Men, X-Men Evolution, and 90's Spider-Man all say they're expiring.

Mighty Member

I was thinking of getting Hulu because of Runaways.I got CBS of Access because of the New Star Trek. Does Hulu have the Batman from the 90s

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

It's almost like Disney is setting up their own streaming service to consolidate all the Marvel content in one place ...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It's almost like Disney is setting up their own streaming service to consolidate all the Marvel content in one place ...
    Yeah, same thing's gonna happen on Netflix (except maybe for the original Marvel content there). What a bad timing for Runaways, though, as the Marvel brand hasn't even had the chance to consolidate itself on that particular platform. Hopefully the show won't be jeopardized because of that.

Indeed, Disney needs to start their own streaming with everything they have.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

They are, that was their point. So are DC.

hmm i sense a cabal at work!

the disney steaming platform is going to have a huge library.

Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar to start then all the old time Disney. huge.

Niffleheim

I remember from the Disney streaming announcement that it wont include Marvel and Star War content or did something change?

It was the Netflix shows that were excluded, not all Marvel.

BANNED

Their streaming service isn't due until 2019. Since those shows have been on Hulu for the last couple of years maybe Hulu decided to go for other stuff and let some things lapse

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

While that's probably partly responsible, it doesn't make sense to pull their stuff until the new service appears, unless they tried to renew the contract just until that point and Hulu wouldn't play ball (or they're just petty, logic be damned).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    While that's probably partly responsible, it doesn't make sense to pull their stuff until the new service appears, unless they tried to renew the contract just until that point and Hulu wouldn't play ball (or they're just petty, logic be damned).
    But Disney is a co-owner of HULU

If that's the case, their logic is flawed. Why compete against yourself? Why are shows on Netflix instead of Hulu, why is Hulu having the cartoon archive yanked?

Amazing Member

Most of these companies want exclusivity.
    Recently Lionsgate bought Starz while MGM bought 100% of Epix from Lionsgate and Paramount. The consolidation trend is going to continue. Right now HULU is owned by Disney, Comcast, FOX and AT&T, but with Disney and Warner launching their own streaming services will Hulu be around in a few years???

Well, put it this way - Hulu doesn't operate in the UK (nor the rest of Europe?)