Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    He can be in something related with Titans/TT, the Geoff Johns TT is between the books that he is reading(one of the books under GOTHAM CENTRAL).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbOEeq9h...y=brianmbendis
    I'm seeing mostly Superman collections though. I count at least 7 Superman related things (that I can see). Hard to say what he'll be on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. The dude seems to have some affection for the character. It'd be nice to see that mix with his best aspects as a creator, and have him produce great Superman stories. A situation similar to Millar would be great.

Good point. Maybe he was either talking about the comics in the Sunday paper (?) or maybe he just wants it to be weekly for the sake of pushing out fast and quickly digestible stories like the old days? Whatever the case, it sounds like he has a pretty specific vision in mind, and that's usually a good start at least.
    Siegel did do some someday and daily contributing, but the actual Superman comic line was weekly from 1991-2003. Action Comics Weekly was also a title in 1988-1989

In any case, I think there's some fuel to the speculation with some of his wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    but the actual Superman comic line was weekly from 1991-2003. Action Comics Weekly was also a title in 1988-1989
    Hmm, didn't know that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm seeing mostly Superman collections though. I count at least 7 Superman related things (that I can see). Hard to say what he'll be on.
    stock-illustration.jpg

He seems more obsessed with Superman than with other things, in the image of that books that he is reading we can see a lot of Superman stuff...

This man is the Luthor that never existed in Batman vs Superman..

To make it weekly you have to make more titles. Its possible that a new book of Superman is launched. To make it weekly you need to have either another book or keep one out of Superman or Action Comics biweekly as now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    stock-illustration.jpg

He seems more obsessed with Superman than with other things, in the image of that books that he is reading we can see a lot of Superman stuff...

This man is the Luthor that never existed in Batman vs Superman..
    I am fearful too. Let us talk about a positive possibility. If he gets another title like Adventures of Superman another monthly book which focuses on the Daily Planet staff and Clark Kent's life it may turn out to be good. I have read comments from fans that he writes street level heroes well. Another book with Daily Planet might be a great idea. He is not a bad writer. No one can stay for so long without having some talent. His work since a few years has been hated by lot of people. But maybe just maybe because he will try something new he may put his best effort and we can get some good stuff. Yes he can ruin so much. But he might improve it too. I admit i am trying to see half glass full instead of half glass empty but its unavoidable. I am sure someday if not now he will write Superman. Let us hope that when he does it is more like Ultimate Spider-man. Here read some comments about USM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...gu&sh=21929bd9

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...k-ser-1466500/

Well Spider-man and Superman are too different. But to call him a bad writer is not fair. He has done good work. Perhaps a change will bring out the best in him.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-10-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    To make it weekly you have to make more titles. Its possible that a new book of Superman is launched. To make it weekly you need to have either another book or keep one out of Superman or Action Comics biweekly as now.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the weekly thing. Bendis was asked that a while before he was reported to be working at DC, so it was just wishful thinking. If he is given a Superman book (new or one of the current ones) then it'll likely keep up with the normal scheduling. If it's a new Superman book then it'll like go to just monthly.

Side note: My real hope is that Johnathan Hickman's cryptic tweet means that he's coming over to DC with an open contract. THAT would be unambiguously amazing. Lord knows I'd love to see him on Superman. You should read his Fantastic Four and FF run. I think you'll dig it, and maybe see why he's such a requested name for Superman. And Bendis is apparently a good friend and the guy who got him to come over to Marvel.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-10-2017 at 12:21 PM.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the weekly thing. Bendis was asked that a while before he was reported to be working at DC, so it was just wishful thinking. If he is given a Superman book (new or one of the current ones) then it'll likely keep up with the normal scheduling. If it's a new Superman book then it'll like go to just monthly.

Side note: My real hope is that Johnathan Hickman's cryptic tweet means that he's coming over to DC with an open contract. THAT would be unambiguously amazing. Lord knows I'd love to see him on Superman. You should read his Fantastic Four and FF run. I think you'll dig it, and maybe see why he's such a requested name for Superman. And Bendis is apparent a good friend and the guy who got him to come over to Marvel.
    Jonathan Hickman? I did not know about him. Thanks for your recommendation! I love Fantastic Four but apart from some early issues i haven't read much. I will check it out some time soon. If he really comes i may understand what he will bring to the table. A requested name for Superman? It looks like those books must have something which Superman fans like a lot. At least i would have a good time.

Regardless whether its Bendis or someone else (the trepidation from others over Bendis admittedly has me a bit concerned but I'm going to judge his DC stuff on its own merits, being generally unfamiliar with his stuff since I don't read Marvel), Superman definitely needs new blood now. I say now because while things haven't gotten terrible, they have gotten stale, and you need to address that sooner than later. Usually with Superman its addressed later, and we know how what that's done all too many times. So do it now. Whether its just one title with a change-up or both.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Jonathan Hickman? I did not know about him. Thanks for your recommendation! I love Fantastic Four but apart from some early issues i haven't read much. I will check it out some time soon. If he really comes i may understand what he will bring to the table. A requested name for Superman? It looks like those books must have something which Superman fans like a lot. At least i would have a good time.
    No problem! Just to make things easier on you, his run starts in Dark Reign: Fantastic Four the moves on to Fantastic Four (main book)#570-588 then Fantastic Four 600–611 (story reasons for this strange skip) and FF #1–23. The collected version of his run has all of these book in proper order, but with the exception of Dark Reign: Fantastic Four. That is it's own collected thing (only 5 issues). You don't need it to understand the rest of his run, but it's a fun story, so I'd say go for it if you have the means to get it. Disclaimer: it gets pretty high concept and nuts (in a very, very fun way), so be ready for that.

Please let me know how you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Regardless whether its Bendis or someone else (the trepidation from others over Bendis admittedly has me a bit concerned but I'm going to judge his DC stuff on its own merits, being generally unfamiliar with his stuff since I don't read Marvel), Superman definitely needs new blood now. I say now because while things haven't gotten terrible, they have gotten stale, and you need to address that sooner than later. Usually with Superman its addressed later, and we know how what that's done all too many times. So do it now. Whether its just one title with a change-up or both.
    Current Bendis is a kind of uneven writer, and can be equated to Johns sometimes as a writer who is fundamentally good, but seems to just be slapped onto things and ends up working on autopilot. At his best, though, Bendis' work is pretty close to my heart with stuff like Alias (likely where people are getting the "he should do Lois" thing from) and Ultimate Spider-Man, but at his worst he's got stuff like Age of Ultron and Civil War II.

But I think judging him off his new work at DC might be best. I think it has the chance to reinvigorate him in a way that just slapping him onto Avengers every other year didn't. He might be a great DC writer hiding inside of an uneven Marvel writer? At the very least he has some interesting choices for his dream jobs at DC that most wouldn't expect from, well, anyone. A "detective noir" Plastic Man, a "balls out" Legion book, and a "VERY back to original basics weekly" Superman book, and not one "back to basics Batman" or "more personal Justice League" in sight like you'd expect.

He's pretty interesting.

I keep hearing his Ultimate Spider-Man among his greatest achievements. They should let him create an "Ultimate" DC line, then, like I've been clamoring for so long.

I know, I know. Realistically, since DC has historically shown absolutely no interest in doing something like this, its unlikely. Would be cool though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I can see him retcon Jonathan Kent to oblivion, pairing Lois Lane with another female, and just plain destroy all the Superman Mythos.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I keep hearing his Ultimate Spider-Man among his greatest achievements. They should let him create an "Ultimate" DC line, then, like I've been clamoring for so long.

I know, I know. Realistically, since DC has historically shown absolutely no interest in doing something like this, its unlikely. Would be cool though.
    The Ultimate line is strangely the best case for and against itself. With Bendis at the helm, actually, it started off great and eventually crumbled under its own need to stand separate from the regular titles. At a time when Bendis, Brubaker, and JMS revived some of the regular titles anyway. The whole thing went crazy off the rails.

More than anything I'd be excited by the prospect of Bendis bringing any living person he wants on for art. Maleev is almost exclusively his partner, and I'd kill for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I can see him retcon Jonathan Kent to oblivion, pairing Lois Lane with another female, and just plain destroy all the Superman Mythos.
    Im not a Bendis fan, but this sounds awfully reactionary. Its not like the guy is going to get free pass to do whatever he wants. DC jumped through a whole bunch of giant hoops to get Clark and Lois back together with a son. They're not going to let anyone dump all that work just for a writer's personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The Ultimate line is strangely the best case for and against itself. With Bendis at the helm, actually, it started off great and eventually crumbled under its own need to stand separate from the regular titles. At a time when Bendis, Brubaker, and JMS revived some of the regular titles anyway. The whole thing went crazy off the rails.

More than anything I'd be excited by the prospect of Bendis bringing any living person he wants on for art. Maleev is almost exclusively his partner, and I'd kill for that.
    I think the movies actually played a role in the Ultimate universe falling apart too.

The movies took a lot of inspiration from the Ultimate line. The regular titles started taking inspiration from the movies. The line between 616 and Ultimate (what was that, 161 or something?) thinned and the Ultimate comics started having to do more extreme and ridiculous things to stand apart. And that opened the door for stuff like Ultimatum.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    He can retcon him? So.... Bendis true identity is him.. If you compare both, they are similar..

Screen Shot 455.jpg

And DC needs him(Bendis or also called the Dr. Manhattan) for ends with rebirth(save the legion and things like that).. Without his help is IMPOSSIBLE..

After N52, they will not repeat something like that(not now), retconing him..

LL with LL... In Superman idiom if you talk about two females.. Lois Lane with Lana Lang.. hahahaha
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-10-2017 at 02:29 PM.