Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post

This what i would like to see from bendis. Him laying the ground works for "The superman dynasty" with Jon or even Kon.Jon could be "Superman the Second".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-20-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm more concerned with any more potential costume changes. I don't want him to go back to anything like the lazy Johns era look again.

What I would do personally is make it a thing where he's consistently changing jackets.
    I just want a mix of the John's look and the 90s look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wouldn't Jon fit more as his heir? I mean, its all potential futures so in the end I'm not that invested, it just seems more likely it would be a biological heir. But with that said, the very fact we are talking about potential futures, I would hope such a thing would just be subtly implied either way. I wouldn't want them to actually go there beyond all shadow of a doubt.
    How's Jon any more his biological heir than Conner? Half his genes come from Clark the only difference is that Conner's mom is Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    How's Jon any more his biological heir than Conner? Half his genes come from Clark the only difference is that Conner's mom is Lex.
    Hey now!

Lex could be the dad and Clark could be the mom!

Kon93

I think Jon is more a heir and should push the dynasty idea forward. He came from a loving relationship Clark and Lois have and was raised by him. Course that isn't always a sure fire reason to make Jon the heir apparent, but him feeling a lot more like his dad than SB is should be.

SB has never been into capes, neither the jackets nor the t-shirts make you think he is just gonna one day throw 1 on someday. A mix of looks would be nice, kinda like the pics I posted above, making sure both have fingerless gloves and a jacket with them.

abhinavsingh01

It will be Conner.

I think Conner will be re-named, and Jon will be the new Superboy.

What superhero name would you like for Conner?

I like Kon-El. And he should wear jackets and be really cool like he is.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

As I've said elsewhere, I think Jon's gonna forego hero naming all together and go by Jon Kent The Son of Superman.

I won't get too in the weeds of how I think Bendis' story will make it possible for Jon to essentially make his identity public while his father maintains a secret identity. If you'd like to read the theory just let me know.

The narrative seems to be overtly pulling/progressing Jon away from the title of Superboy. Lobo's words in issue 7 (Superman), Jor-El's words in issue 6 (Man of Steel), Jon introducing himself to the Green Lanterns simply as Jon, and the apparent natural inclination all the characters so far have to avoiding the name Superboy around him out of what seems to be respect and reverence for his status.

And once the Earth joins the galactic conversation via Superman's choices and actions, they will be part of the established idea that Superman is regraded as galactic royalty. That's gonna spill over, and the very clear knowledge one of the "Superboys" is Superman's honest-to-goodness, natural born son, will be very important. I think that's part of the angle Bendis is working.

I honestly think Conner will remain Superboy. I imagine the two boys hashing out who's gonna go by what will likely have a bit of Conner wanting to hand over the name, but Jon saying it doesn't really suit him these days, and that "Jon" will do just fine.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

But Jon Kent is so young. He deserves to have a private life too like his dad. I just hope his civilian job isn't reporter as well.. Maybe a firefighter or a teacher. Or a social worker..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    i'The narrative seems to be overtly pulling/progressing Jon away from the title of Superboy. Lobo's words in issue 7 (Superman), Jor-El's words in issue 6 (Man of Steel), Jon introducing himself to the Green Lanterns simply as Jon, and the apparent natural inclination all the characters so far have to avoiding the name Superboy around him out of what seems to be respect and reverence for his status.
    I'm not so sure if the narrative really tries to imply that Jon would stop to be Superboy.

We could be reading too much into that scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But Jon Kent is so young. He deserves to have a private life too like his dad.
    But he may not even want a private life that includes a secret identity for himself. While he remains a very good and moral person who maintains a sense of humor and responsibility just as he did when he was 10, we don't know where his sensibilities who fall when it comes to secret identities.

There are also dozen of examples of superhero characters who do not maintain a secret identity, yet are well fine. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Franklin Richards, Val Richards, the whole Fantastic Four, and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' daughter daughter (Danielle) will grow up as simply as Danielle Cage aka Luke and Jessica's daughter.

There's also no reason why Jon will likely want a conventional job now. Ever since he was around 8, he's been shown to be basically obsessed with space. Now he's 17 and has spent 7 years out in space, and he's taken to it so well that he even uses space slang out of habit. Whatever career he picks will likely take him to the stars while keeping people safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm not so sure if the narrative really tries to imply that Jon would stop to be Superboy.

We could be reading too much in that scenes.
    I'd say Lobo flat out telling him that he's a man when he decides it, and Jon very, very clearly taking the remark to heart is a pretty good indicator that it's not just guess work.

Had Jon not reacted as he did in such an overt manner, the trend of others insisting on showing respect to him a "young Superman" or "son of Superman", or Jon opting to introduce himself as Jon rather than "Superboy" while no one in space has called his dad anything but Superman, then I'd say I don't see a continued trend. But since all of those things did happen, I do see a very clear trend.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-21-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Jamal Igle had a interesting idea for Conner to go by Valor:

Dz0OxxrWsAEQBKg.jpg

https://twitter.com/JAMALIGLE/status...50137446928384

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    But he may not even want a private life that includes a secret identity for himself. While he remains a very good and moral person who maintains a sense of humor and responsibility just as he did when he was 10, we don't know where his sensibilities who fall when it comes to secret identities.

There are also dozen of examples of superhero characters who do not maintain a secret identity, yet are well fine. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Franklin Richards, Val Richards, the whole Fantastic Four, and Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' daughter daughter (Danielle) will grow up as simply as Danielle Cage aka Luke and Jessica's daughter.

There's also no reason why Jon will likely want a conventional job now. Ever since he was around 8, he's been shown to be basically obsessed with space. Now he's 17 and has spent 7 years out in space, and he's taken to it so well that he even uses space slang out of habit. Whatever career he picks will likely take him to the stars while keeping people safe.
    The thing is that Conner could be in a similar situation for what we know.

At this point, it's difficult conclude what character would let Superboy mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that Conner could be in a similar situation for what we know.

At this point, it's difficult conclude what character would let Superboy mantle.
    He could in theory, but I genuinely doubt it. I'd argue that Conner's name is more synonymous with the name Superboy than Jon's is, and Jon's name and status as Superman's son alone seems to be the main and only needed identifiers for the character in and out of universe.

From a storytelling perspective, so much of Jon's story is rooted in the idea of growing up. Clark and Lois' issues with the situation are rooted in that. And Jon's pride in making it through those 7 years is rooted in the idea that he had to, well, do some growing up. Jon even literally grows out of his Superboy outfit in Man of Steel issue 1, and Lois jokes about how he has to take care of himself because he's old enough now. Even Bendis' analogies for what the Kents are going through right now is rooted in the idea of a kid leaving childhood behind. I don't think Bendis would hammer home that idea so thoroughly on all sides and then say "and the world will continue to know me as Superboy."

Nah. Regardless of whatever Conner has going on, we know two things 1) someone is keeping the Superboy name and 2) Jon's story's main thrust is the idea of growing up past what you used to be. At this point of pretty comfortable saying that Conner's gonna keep the name. It's fine if you disagree. I don't mind or take it personal. It's all speculation.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.

I feel like Conner will assume a new name in the tradition of Wally growing up to be Flash, Dick graduating to Nightwing, Roy graduating to Arsenal, etc.

Holding onto the Superboy name holds Conner back more than it moves him forward. Jon hasn't been around long enough to be "done" with being Superboy IMO.

But similarly, hope Conner doesn't get a clunky code name like "Troia" did. Needs to be something meaningful, not nonsensical.