Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Sales totals for April are up!

Thanks to all who supported the Cursed titles!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

So as all participants have seen via direct message, the incomparable Shaggydoo will sadly be departing New Dawn for now. This is a huge loss, as he was not only our Editor-in-Chief but also our most prolific plotter.

I think I speak for everyone who ever participated in New Dawn when I say “thank you Shaggy!” It’s been an absolute pleasure for the last several years. We all wish you the best of luck and hope to see you return in the future.

That being said, we’re brainstorming on what to do next. NX01A has stepped up and offered to help in true heroic fashion. We’re open to input from established New Dawn members or any new blood and aspire to make this transition process into an opportunity to refresh the New Dawn brand. What do you think?

In the meanwhile, this month’s solicitations are up. I’m sure you’ll want to pull all of Shaggydoo’s final issues!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I'd like to thank Shaggy Doo for his work. Only having started buying a short time ago, I see a lot of love and excitement for these characters. The logistics and personal interactions are certainly time consuming and I look forward to hopefully being part of the new New Dawn. I'm really cool with another name as new New Dawn is considerably less than awesome.

I made my pulls and added Shaggy's books as a tribute.
    Thanks, again, Shaggy!!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Thanks for all the hard work, Shaggy! Your legacy is a big one but I'll do my best to live up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

THANKS GUYS! I really appreciate all the words and sentiments. I will miss working with all the plotters, the New Dawn fans/supporters and being a part of an exciting, interactive DC Universe. I know whatever you guys do next will be incredible. I wish NEW DAWN in any form with any name great success. THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work, Shaggy! Your legacy is a big one but I'll do my best to live up to it.
    Your exceptional creativity and intelligent narratives have always been perfect for NEW DAWN. Under your guidance ND can only excel further and the skies the limit.
    Last edited by shaggydoo; 05-18-2019 at 05:32 AM.

I'm new to these projects here, but as somebody who has done long-form group creative work before (Exciter can attest to this), I can very much appreciate and admire your work!

I'm aiming to hop on board, whatever form this new incarnation takes.

Welcome aboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm new to these projects here, but as somebody who has done long-form group creative work before (Exciter can attest to this), I can very much appreciate and admire your work!

I'm aiming to hop on board, whatever form this new incarnation takes.
    Thanks H-E-D and welcome.

I figure this would be of interest of everybody in this thread. You see, I'm rather experienced with Wikis, and have a tendency to go on editing binges when I find one I'm interested in, especially when there's sparse content there already.

All this to say, I've put a lot of work in on the Wiki that Exciter set up for this and Age of Marvel. Like, a lot of work.

https://age-of-marvels-new-dawn.fand...chive/New_Dawn

I've taken the first steps towards comprehensively archiving all the series of New Dawn. The first step was bulk copy-and-pasting the first page of the solicitation threads onto Wiki pages. This accomplishes, at the very least, the raw preservation of these materials on a different location.

In order to speed up the process, I was very broad in what I copypasted. A lot of username and other forum information has made its way onto these pages as bycatch. The next step would be clearing out that junk text. Then the extremely tedious process of sorting all the solicitation into individual pages for each series can begin in earnest.

In all honesty, I'm liking to burnout on the project well before I can accomplish that endgame myself. But, as is the nature of a Wiki, everybody is able to contribute if so inclined!

Sales totals for May are up!

So with Shaggydoo's departure, New Dawn will require a RELAUNCH! I would like to bring out a new slate of number #1s with a fresh continuity, and to do that I would like to emulate how Global Honored successfully relaunched Age of Marvels several months back. But first, we have to get a tally of who would be interested!

What I ask now is that everyone who is interested in plotting a New Dawn title to please let me know by posting here. You don't have to be a pro or have any discernable skills, and new participants are enthusiastically welcome (tell your friends). Like AOM, initially we will limit it to two titles per plotter. So if you are interested, please let me know whether you'd like to plot one or two titles. Don't reserve any characters or make any pitches just yet, this is just a roll call for who would like to participate.

After I have that gauge of interest, we can do a character draft. I'll randomize the plotters into a draft list, and then we can start reserving characters (so the first in the drafting order gets to reserve a character (say, Batman), then the second person gets to pick (say, Green Lantern), etc).

Sound good?
    Last edited by Exciter; 06-12-2019 at 08:32 PM.

You can count me in.