Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Next MCU *Female* hero movie?

I hear Black Widow's next. And after her...?

How about Storm? I always thought she was under used in the Fox movies. An origin movie involving a fling with the young T'Challa would be good...

YOUR thoughts and opinions on this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

How about Storm? I always thought she was under used in the Fox movies. An origin movie involving a fling with the young T'Challa would be good...

It would be a great idea down the road!
    I'd like to see a Valkyrie movie too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Do Co features count? I doubt Wasp will get her own movie but she's sharing billing with Ant-Man.

SheHulk suppose to be getting A Disney+ show

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    SheHulk suppose to be getting A Disney+ show
    Is there still a problem with the Hulk rights? It should apply to She-Hulk unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

They are planning to rest the X-men for about 5 years to put distance between them and the Fox movies.

When they finally do revisit the X-men I'd rather see it done on Disney + and be like the current Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Is there still a problem with the Hulk rights? It should apply to She-Hulk unfortunately!
    Universal gets the right of first refusal on distribution for theatrically released Solo Hulk films. They dont have any ownership over the actual characters, TV shows arent an issue. Around the time they made AoS they almost made a Del Toro produced Hulk TV show. And I have no idea what the original deal with Universal was and if it included She Hulk to begin with. She might have been the same spot as The Twins and Skrulls. Who knows but given it's only film distribution rights In question to begin with a TV show shouldnt be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Universal Studios owns the distribution rights to any movie where the Hulk appears as a main character. Meaning if Marvel Studios makes a Hulk movie they have to use Universal Studios as a distributor. This deal ends the instant Universal refuses to distribute just once (right of first refusal) but that isn't likely to happen.

An easy loophole is having Hulk star as a main character in things that aren't movies, namely, TV shows. Hulk had a recent cartoon that was called Hulk: Agents of S.MA.S.H. that came out in 2013 and finished in 2015. Universal couldn't touch that since, it wasn't a movie.

Whether Universal's deal applies to Hulk spinoff characters like She-Hulk, as I'd lean toward "yes". But, even if that is the case, its averted since it'll be a She-Hulk TV show, not movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Universal Studios owns the distribution rights to any movie where the Hulk appears as a main character. Meaning if Marvel Studios makes a Hulk movie they have to use Universal Studios as a distributor. This deal ends the instant Universal refuses to distribute just once (right of first refusal) but that isn't likely to happen.

An easy loophole is having Hulk star as a main character in things that aren't movies, namely, TV shows. Hulk had a recent cartoon that was called Hulk: Agents of S.MA.S.H. that came out in 2013 and finished in 2015. Universal couldn't touch that since, it wasn't a movie.

Whether Universal's deal applies to Hulk spinoff characters like She-Hulk, as I'd lean toward "yes". But, even if that is the case, its averted since it'll be a She-Hulk TV show, not movie.
    Animation has never been an issue for the characters. F4,Xmen,Spiderman etc have been appearing in Cartoons made by Marvel since they sold off film rights back in the day. I mean I think Spiderman was the only one who had more then strictly films rights, I think Sony had the merchandise rights for awhile but Mavrel got that back awhile ago. Fox never had Xmens that I know of. I think if Marvel made Movie tie in merchandise they might have to split it with fox on some level but I dont recall them doing that very often anway. Just put normal Deadpool merchandise not connected to the movie out there and watch all the money role in and thank Fox for the windfall.

She-Hulk (If Universal let)
    Spider-Woman
    Iron Heart (With Pepper Potts or Tony's daughter)
    Thor (Jane Foster)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Animation has never been an issue for the characters. F4,Xmen,Spiderman etc have been appearing in Cartoons made by Marvel since they sold off film rights back in the day. I mean I think Spiderman was the only one who had more then strictly films rights, I think Sony had the merchandise rights for awhile but Mavrel got that back awhile ago. Fox never had Xmens that I know of. I think if Marvel made Movie tie in merchandise they might have to split it with fox on some level but I dont recall them doing that very often anway. Just put normal Deadpool merchandise not connected to the movie out there and watch all the money role in and thank Fox for the windfall.
    Merchandising agreements are a whole other animal and something I don't follow too closely. Mostly cause I don't collect any of it. I kinda want to get those figures that come with a part to build another figure, but they start at $18. If its not a Transformer I'm not paying that much for a toy as an adult.

It does make me curious though...I've seen Captain Marvel dolls, and I wonder how they're selling. With a She-Hulk series I imagine there would at least be dolls for She-Hulk and Titana.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Do Co features count? I doubt Wasp will get her own movie but she's sharing billing with Ant-Man.
    It doesn't count, She barely got a story in a movie where she is supposed to be a co-star.

Squirrel Girl would be a great choice.

Spider-woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Squirrel Girl would be a great choice.
    Co-signed. I had been hoping, actually, that we would get a cameo of her in Endgame. There was also a lost opportunity for her during the park scenes in Infinity War. Just a girl with a squirrel ear hat hand-feeding a squirrel would have been enough!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.