Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They had half an issue that focuses on Jean Grey and Hope grieving Cable. Let's not talk about "Not enough panel time".
    LOL. What does one thing have to do with the other? Zonnie/Nadler were writing the previous Cable run and they're Hope fans. So with his death Marvel decided to give them a oneshot about that. That's it. That issue isn't a part of Extermination. Brisson wants to have Rachel being a hound again as a plot point for X-Force/Wi-Fi, all he replied on twitter when fans were upset about the Rachel thing was just "It's not over, I'll get to that soon, I wanted to leave a thread open for X-Force".

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They failed in not having Jean vow to save Rachel. Like 3 pages after Rachel was taken, they have Jean having ice cream and a good time and Rachel isnt brought up....it was in poor taste. There was also Exterminated which had the theme being family and Jean didnt acknowledge Rachel at all (which would have been appropriate). Instead it focused on her bonding with Hope. The writers really could have done better by showing Jean using Cerebra to try and locate Rachel and failing. It wouldnt have taken much

With that said, this is nothing new. Jean has zero connections to Nate, yet she bonded and was closer to him in the 90s then she ever was with Rachel.
    It was definetely in poor taste and I get the frustration. And she has also bonded with Rachel on the '90s and, more importantly, recently on X-Men Red. I just think it's very obvious that this isn't all about showing how Jean doesn't care about Rachel, but rather writers just not handling things very well, and we just have people who hate her using that mess as an excuse to bash Jean.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

1. LMFAO at the world REJOICING because they won't have to put up with another Jeansus speech. Probably the only bit of writing that was maaajorly on point during the entire event.

2. Why the efff did the non-telepaths and non-borderline-omegas even bother showing up? Convenient transportation aside and the occasional X-23 lip service, current x-leadership has no use whatsoever for them.

3. Anyone else kinda want to punch X-Force in the face really, really efffin' hard if their current adventures are supposed to happen after today's issue?

4. Loving the fact that we get an apocalyptic mutant nightmare because Beast didn't lock up the darn fridge.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-16-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Hippie Jesus Nate I still dig, but the actual story was a real disappointment. Shame.

They made Eye Boy look really sexy!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    3. Anyone else kinda want to punch X-Force in the face really, really efffin' hard if their current adventures are supposed to happen after today's issue?
    You lost me here. I think it makes the story make more sense, although it would be nice if it was timed to release after this so it could reference the disappearance of the X-Men and the resurgence of mutant hate and the need for a sanctuary.

BANNED

QUES: How the hell bugle came up with the picture of X-man fighting X-men?
    Screenshot (85).jpg

1. LMFAO at the world REJOICING because they won't have to put up with another Jeansus speech. Probably the only bit of writing that was maaajorly on point during the entire event.

2. Why the efff did the non-telepaths and non-borderline-omegas even bother showing up? Convenient transportation aside and the occasional X-23 lip service, current x-leadership has no use whatsoever for them.

4. Loving the fact that we get an apocalyptic mutant nightmare because Beast didn't lock up the darn fridge.
    2. To play with Nate's Horsemen. He didn't bring his action figures for nothing. And yes stealing Storm was fairplay after Betsy nabbed Warren.

4. Scott is going to be so PO'd when he finds out.

Also Why in the OAA's name is Magneto and Omega Red's faces on the issue of Scott's Hitlist if this issue proves they got sucked into X-land?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Screenshot (85).jpg
    The same way they had a photo of Cyclops being killed by Black Bolt even though he was a Psychic illusion......comic magic

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Can someone tell me what a celestial seed is? How does that repower some one? If nate could make all the religious places disappear didn t he already have the power to alter reality?
    You have Life Seeds and Death Seeds. Death Seeds create beings like Archangel and Apocalypse. They're used by Celestials to bring about new stages in evolution and all that jazz. They do this by killing a bunch of things. Life Seeds supposed to create life. After that, it sort of is up to the writer. Death and Life Seeds only really came to prominence with Remender's work in Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny Avengers, though other writers have used them occasionally since, like when Daken was trying to to kill a bunch of people in Iceman and when Warren became amnesiac in Wolverine and the X-Men. Of course, there's some debate on if Warren was just like that because of the Life Seed, or if it was because he was suffering a complete nervous breakdown.

With this in mind, Nate's actions do make some sense. He's essentially a different version of Apocalypse, just instead of being a murderous asshole, he's all about peace and love to an unhealthy extreme.

Even the Four Horsemen thing makes more sense.

So I can see sort of where the creative team was trying to take this, it's just...well, not very focused. How did he get this Life Seed? Had this been more of a focus frok the beginning, I think it would feel more coherent.

Astonishing Member

Screenshot (85).jpg
    Easy print media is dead long live buzz words

Screenshot (85).jpg
    Betty Brant gets it DONE.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    2. To play with Nate's Horsemen. He didn't bring his action figures for nothing. And yes stealing Storm was fairplay after Betsy nabbed Warren.
    Anyone else kinda hated Betsy and Warren during this storyline? Their plotline/arc/whatever was such waste of time and space.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Screenshot (85).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The same way they had a photo of Cyclops being killed by Black Bolt even though he was a Psychic illusion......comic magic
    Sage probably e-mailed it to them with her mind before Nate blasted them into an alternate universe.

Magneto was wasted as a horseman

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Anyone else kinda hated Betsy and Warren during this storyline? Their plotline/arc/whatever was such waste of time and space.
    Aw leave them alone. With Rogue x Gambit (Sam x Diane) now married, andother will they or won't they couple has to take it's place. lol

That's the X-Office for ya. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was Kelly Thompson who wanted to Betsy & Warren interactions.