Page 52 of 354 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

I'm calling her publicity stunt.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I see. But the new comics call her Thor, so call her that we must.
    Nope. Dick Grayson as Batman was Dickbats and Bucky as Captain America was Bucky Cap. When you have multiple versions of a character, people are always gonna distinguish the successor them from the original (unless you're the Flash fandom, then everyone just uses real names)
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I see. But the new comics call her Thor, so call her that we must.

V V V

Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I've been enjoying the The Mighty Thor but depending on the outcome of Odin Vs Thor in the next issue will be the deal breaker for me.
    Thor needs to be the winner of this battle.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Why? Unless she shows some anti-Odin power that no one has ever seen before or Odin is shown to be depowered in some way then Aaron will lose any credibility as a writer if Jane is shown to win.

BANNED

Jane Foster Thor is still outselling the other guy last I checked. Obviously people love her.

I'm just amazed at how much of a whiplash Thor fans took. Everything was praising Aaron for his Old Thor and Godkiller run, calling him one of the best Thor writers. Currently, it's like those same fans don't even know him. But aside from that, I'm 150% sure that Thor won't win this fight because even Aaron knows how much backlash he would get. Even though.............I'm actually thinking if he could get more sales from that......

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Jane Foster Thor is still outselling the other guy last I checked. Obviously people love her.
    Does that mean that because her sales must mean that Jane is more popular as Thor than the real Marvel Thor was, that when or if the hammer and name goes back to him, the backlash and complaints against that happening would be far bigger than the ones currently directed towards Jane?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm just amazed at how much of a whiplash Thor fans took. Everything was praising Aaron for his Old Thor and Godkiller run, calling him one of the best Thor writers. Currently, it's like those same fans don't even know him. But aside from that, I'm 150% sure that Thor won't win this fight because even Aaron knows how much backlash he would get. Even though.............I'm actually thinking if he could get more sales from that......
    It's more about their favorite character being sidelined than quality. Which I can understand, really, I can. I just wish they'd phrase it as hating that particular aspect rather than paint it as bad writing and trash the entire story, or Aaron, acting like every aspect is pure garbage. Just because a story has something happen that you don't like, doesn't necessarily mean it's badly written. You just don't like the event in question. There is a difference. Like, my favorite X-Man is Nightcrawler. but he's basically 2 different characters at this point, you have the fun loving swashbuckler Nightcrawler, and then you have the super-religious Nightcrawler. It is very rare that a writer merges both aspects together in a way I find satisfying, and usually a writer focuses on just one side of him. I prefer fun Nightcrawler, he's a ton of fun. I am bored to tears with uber religious Kurt. But that doesn't mean the stories with the religious stuff are badly written, just that the writer likes that aspect of the character and focuses on it.

Me, I like Odinson, and I hope he becomes worthy again (and we have been given plenty of evidence that he will, from old King Thor in the future, to the Ultimate Mjolnir falling in from Secret Wars) but I am ok with this story. I see the potential for this story to make him better than he was before when he regains his worthyness, to do some good solid character development with him after he gets back from wherever he is, and the potential to finally, really nail down what exactly is meant by 'worthy'. And seeing Jane going through the sudden acquisition of literally the powers of a god is fun, and the whole War of the Realms plot is great and filled with intrigue and drama. I think it's a good story, basically.
    Last edited by Raye; 03-06-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It's more about their favorite character being sidelined than quality. Which I can understand, really, I can. I just wish they'd phrase it as hating that particular aspect rather than paint it as bad writing and trash the entire story, or Aaron, acting like every aspect is pure garbage. Just because a story has something happen that you don't like, doesn't necessarily mean it's badly written. You just don't like the event in question. There is a difference. Like, my favorite X-Man is Nightcrawler. but he's basically 2 different characters at this point, you have the fun loving swashbuckler Nightcrawler, and then you have the super-religious Nightcrawler. It is very rare that a writer merges both aspects together in a way I find satisfying, and usually a writer focuses on just one side of him. I prefer fun Nightcrawler, he's a ton of fun. I am bored to tears with uber religious Kurt. But that doesn't mean the stories with the religious stuff are badly written, just that the writer likes that aspect of the character and focuses on it.
    And just because you like the story doesn't mean it's good writing. In my opinion Aaron's story has been poorly written since the Accursed arc and has only gotten worse with time. And the problems go beyond just Odinson being unworthy or Jane having the hammer but it seems like any criticism of Aaron's run, no matter how valid, is just brushed off as being due to the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Me, I like Odinson, and I hope he becomes worthy again (and we have been given plenty of evidence that he will, from old King Thor in the future, to the Ultimate Mjolnir falling in from Secret Wars) but I am ok with this story. I see the potential for this story to make him better than he was before when he regains his worthyness, to do some good solid character development with him after he gets back from wherever he is, and the potential to finally, really nail down what exactly is meant by 'worthy'. And seeing Jane going through the sudden acquisition of literally the powers of a god is fun, and the whole War of the Realms plot is great and filled with intrigue and drama. I think it's a good story, basically.
    I, on the other hand find this unworthy arc to be a boring retread of well traveled ground, I'm tired of seeing Thor having to re-learn a lesson he's already learned over and over again. And I doubt I'll like Aaron's concept of worthiness considering he has a deadbeat mom being worthy while a guy whose saved the universe hundreds of times isn't.

And Jane dealing with being a god could be a good story except we've barely seen Jane have any character at all under Aaron besides "has cancer" and remembering her dead dad in her narration. She's shown more character in ANAD Avengers than she has throughout Aaron's run.

The War of Realms plot is one of the worst parts of Aaron's story IMO. Dario Agger is basically a Captain Planet villain and just as poorly written. Any heroic character in the same scene as Malekith suddenly becomes an idiot. And Amora has lost all character development and reverted to her 60's persona.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Does that mean that because her sales must mean that Jane is more popular as Thor than the real Marvel Thor was, that when or if the hammer and name goes back to him, the backlash and complaints against that happening would be far bigger than the ones currently directed towards Jane?
    She's well liked. I wouldn't be surprised if people screamed foul if Jane Foster can't be Thor anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    No, there will be very little complaints and backlash if at all, depending on how she stops being Thor. The people that have jumped onto Thor with Jane Foster are different from those that have continuously complained about her, and the Thor fans that stuck with her were already fans of Odinson, so they'll be getting him back as Thor, which they were already a fan of.

Those that prefer Jane might be disappointed, but they won't react in quite the same way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    She needs to lay the smackdown on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Odin a SkyFather Level being who wields the Odin-Force who in past as one shotted Silver Surfer nothing more simple blast who also smacked around beaten with ease Thanos both same time, he's also fought and headbutt Galactus the same Odin who fought Seth during their fight released enough energy shake entire galaxies. If anyone should be doing the Smackdown it should be Odin nothing more backhanded slap it ridiculous to even think that Jane-Thor in same weight class as Skyfather like Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    How about no.