Page 111 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2680

Did you guys see the first four issues of Cates' run are already on Marvel Unlimited?
    I've never seen them add recent releases there. I wonder why Thor was an exception, but I hope they do this kind of stuff more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Gorr has overstayed his welcome imo.
    I agree, although this likely isn't the real Gorr, none of the characters i presume are real ones, either copies Black Winter made or maybe even illusions, either way i could do without seeing Gorr for a while.

That's one fear i have with Cates, he has spoken at length how much he idolizes Aaron so i am worried his stories are gonna be just copies of what Aaron is doing, we haven't even reached issue 5 he already introduced Thor having difficult wielding Mljonir and now we see Gorr again, i wanna see some new and fresh stories that don't revolve around Mljonir and maybe bring back some old Thor foes he hasn't fought in decades.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I agree, although this likely isn't the real Gorr, none of the characters i presume are real ones, either copies Black Winter made or maybe even illusions, either way i could do without seeing Gorr for a while.

That's one fear i have with Cates, he has spoken at length how much he idolizes Aaron so i am worried his stories are gonna be just copies of what Aaron is doing, we haven't even reached issue 5 he already introduced Thor having difficult wielding Mljonir and now we see Gorr again, i wanna see some new and fresh stories that don't revolve around Mljonir and maybe bring back some old Thor foes he hasn't fought in decades.
    At least he won't be going on and on about how Thor Is inferior to Jane.

I'd really like to see Fafnir, the Enchanters Three, Fenris and the High Evolutionaty again.

And make the Warriors Three relevant again.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Did you guys see the first four issues of Cates' run are already on Marvel Unlimited?
    I've never seen them add recent releases there. I wonder why Thor was an exception, but I hope they do this kind of stuff more.
    Huh. Weird. Turn around time for uploading current runs seems to be 6 months.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I just read Thor #5.... ok, I skipped through the issue. I’m not posting any spoilers, but, Thor is on another level.
    The last page is a huge twist, totally unexpected. People will be very surprised. Fair play to Cates for dropping that bomb.
    I don’t have an issue with it at all, I’m sure some people will though.
    Klein’s art is good. The final issue will be interesting.

There’s also an interview with Donny Cates at Newsarama on what the future holds for Thor.
    Two things he does address in the interview is Thor’s power level and also, the Hammerfall arc
    There are people who are worried about it being another unworthy arc but Cates dispells these fears in the interview.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-win...-the-marvel-u/

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    I just read Thor #5.... ok, I skipped through the issue. I’m not posting any spoilers, but, Thor is on another level.
    The last page is a huge twist, totally unexpected. People will be very surprised. Fair play to Cates for dropping that bomb.
    I don’t have an issue with it at all, I’m sure some people will though.
    Klein’s art is good. The final issue will be interesting.

There’s also an interview with Donny Cates at Newsarama on what the future holds for Thor.
    Two things he does address in the interview is Thor’s power level and also, the Hammerfall arc
    There are people who are worried about it being another unworthy arc but Cates dispells these fears in the interview.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-win...-the-marvel-u/
    Good to know. I'm really interested in issue 5.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Okay. Thor 5 threw me for a curve. Cant wait to see how this plays out. Thor does something I haven't seen him do in a while.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Okay. Thor 5 threw me for a curve. Cant wait to see how this plays out. Thor does something I haven't seen him do in a while.
    Bring back the God Blast!

I really liked this chapter but I'm not sure about spoilers:
    Galactus being Black Winter's herald.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Man, issue 5 was such a rush. What a twist Cates has heralded in....

Really liked issue 5. There were a lot of epic moments here, especially with Thor and Galactus facing off against the Black Winter. It turned from a physical confrontation to a mental one when Thor had to face his enemies. And that's what I liked about this issue, just seeing all the enemies Thor has faced. Yeah Spidey has his Sinister Sixes and Cap has his Red Skulls, but Thor has faced some real heavy hitters over the decades. Annihulus, Mephisto, Surtur, Mangog, I had almost forgotten how much of a god Thor is. Indeed, it takes a god to face these beings.

At the same time, I'm a little on the fence with the god blast. The Black Winter tried to convince Thor of his failings and his weaknesses. Thor counters with a God Blast. Now, that's cool , but I was hoping for Thor to win the argument, not just muscle through it.

As for the big reveal, it's been a while since I've read the previous issues. Doing so could give me more context because I didn't get what was so significant about this reveal. spoilers:
    Galactus is a herald of something else. Okay. Is that it though? All this time, he's been nothing more than just a lackey? Okay, could be some story potential there, but I'm more interested with the Thor stuff right now
    end of spoilers

In any case, looking forward to next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I keep reading this, and I keep getting annoyed issue after issue.

Any story that deals with the end or final death or purpose of some character or another is just eye rolling at this point. It'll only be retconned away when another writer doesnt like it, so stop writing stories doing this. Aaron spent forever telling us about how great Thor is, and now Cates is retreading the same ground.

Yes, it is important Thor is powerful and not jobbed out all the time (which he went through a period of), but he's still just Thor. He isnt the be all and end all God with a capital G, so stop writing him that way. He should not be so far above Galactus, and as for the last page, that contradicts so much of the recent (and better) Hickman use of Galactus, I dont even want to start.

Maybe I am just being an old fuddy duddy because some hot shot new writer is writing a story about large cosmic abstracts that contradicts so much of the continuity of these characters I love and am just having a grumble because it feels disrespectful to stories and creators I, currently at least, care more about, but yeah, grumble grumble!

Can't fault the art though. Everything looks gorgeous.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I keep reading this, and I keep getting annoyed issue after issue.

Any story that deals with the end or final death or purpose of some character or another is just eye rolling at this point. It'll only be retconned away when another writer doesnt like it, so stop writing stories doing this. Aaron spent forever telling us about how great Thor is, and now Cates is retreading the same ground.

Yes, it is important Thor is powerful and not jobbed out all the time (which he went through a period of), but he's still just Thor. He isnt the be all and end all God with a capital G, so stop writing him that way. He should not be so far above Galactus, and as for the last page, that contradicts so much of the recent (and better) Hickman use of Galactus, I dont even want to start.

Maybe I am just being an old fuddy duddy because some hot shot new writer is writing a story about large cosmic abstracts that contradicts so much of the continuity of these characters I love and am just having a grumble because it feels disrespectful to stories and creators I, currently at least, care more about, but yeah, grumble grumble!

Can't fault the art though. Everything looks gorgeous.
    I think there should be a good balance between Thor being important and Thor just being, well, Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there should be a good balance between Thor being important and Thor just being, well, Thor.
    Yes, very much so. I don't need Thor talked-up or put on a pedestal, but I don't want him reduced to... what Aaron has tried to make him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly i will be glad once Thor ditches all these power ups and starts cracking heads with his own power, he is already fairly powerful on his own, once this Black Winter stuff is done i want him to go back to being himself.