Page 500 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 40045049049649749849950050150250350451055060010001500 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 75153
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I went back to see where this started. It appears you were responding to criticism of what numberthirty said about Biden. And while that one post by #30 was understandable, there is a very, very long history here with people seeing #30's post as disingenuous. So that might put some of this in context for you.
    So, he's for sure a Trump supporter?
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    For some reason, the first image I had in my mind was Beruit. Tragic, but at least not as bad as that.

Twitter Link
    Sounds like it might've been a gas main that went up.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think Mayor Lightfoot is going to be a one term mayor if she doesn't get a handle on this. Once again, stores were destroyed and/or looted last night in Chicago A Best Buy store was completely destroyed, the Apple store was practically wiped clean, etc.

Earlier in the afternoon, there was an incident in the Englewood neighborhood were police answered a call about a man with a gun. When police approached he fired at officers and they returned fire, wounding him and then taking him into custody.

Coordinated looting and other criminal activity is not going to solve anything.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Is he actually doing it?

If not, it's still pretty squarely in the "All Talk..." ballpark.

Not saying there is no chance that he will actually do it should he become President. Just saying that I will take what he is saying seriously once I see him actually doing it.

This is the same guy that was part of an administration that said they would deliver on card check.

Well, guess what they never delivered on?
    It would be so much better if Biden just increased the taxes on them right now, I agree. Why wait till after he becomes president?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    So, he's for sure a Trump supporter?
    No, but at times he has been perceived as one trolling the Dems. But as I said, it wasn't a reaction to that single post on Biden.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not.

You can stop with 2020's version of "But her e-mails" now.
    Good luck. We'll get daily reminders of Card Check and Herbalife from now until November. Or my name ain't Latimore.

And it isn't.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Points to you!

Well done! That's definitely checkmate here.

IF I do point out what is 'legitimate' criticism, we'll get embroiled in the subjectivity of the term 'legitimate', which will deviate the conversation and dilute my point, and the problematic behavior that I've described continues unabated.
    IF I don't, people get to pretend that the problem doesn't exist, and the problematic behavior continues unabated.

Well played, sir!

Maybe, I'll just say this - I think we need to lower our threshold of what is considered trolling (vs legitimate criticism) and start assuming that not everyone is a troll.
    Yes, trolls are absolutely out there and they should be ignored. However, just because a point doesn't seem worthy to you, doesn't mean that it is trolling or that it's not worthy to someone else.

Think twice before going McCarthy on somebody, is all I'm saying.
    You seem nice and well adjusted.

Hillary was right!

No, but at times he has been perceived as one trolling the Dems. But as I said, it wasn't a reaction to that single post on Biden.
    I see.

So he might've "earned" being called a Trump supporter in order to be ignored.
    My post was about how that practice, born from very understandable frustration, can be harmful.
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

Second poll in the Kansas Senate race has Democratic challenger Barbara Bollier just one point behind Republican incumbent whatshisface.

A new Public Policy Polling survey finds a competitive Senate race in Kansas, with
    Republican candidate Roger Marshall leading Democratic candidate Barbara Bollier by
    just 1 point (43-42). An earlier poll conducted by Public Policy Polling in March of 2020
    found Marshall leading Bollier by a 10 point margin (47-37), suggesting that the primary
    season was damaging to opinion of Marshall.
    https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...sultsAug20.pdf

Hillary was right!

I see.

So he might've "earned" being called a Trump supporter in order to be ignored.
    My post was about how that practice, born from very understandable frustration, can be harmful.
    I suppose it is up to each to decide how serious to take the criticism and the person it comes from.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

13 points!

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

That said, I'll buy into the guy being Jack The Giant Killer when I start seeing the giants dropping. Otherwise, I'm just going to vote for the Joe Biden that has been on the right side of some stuff and hope for the best.
    You're aware that many of us here aren't exactly pumped to be voting for Biden. We'll do so because we feel it's our responsibility in the face of another four years of Trump.
    That being said, you're unsolicited criticisms have no positive value in the situation and, in fact may cause more harm than good by possibly influencing other people to not vote Democrat.
    Not sure what your goal is by calling out his faults at this time. Either you're seeding the ground for 'I told you so's' over the next four years or you just want to complain.
    Either way, you're not helping so how about saving the negativity until after the election?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I suppose it is up to each to decide how serious to take the criticism and the person it comes from.
    It is.

It is. As I acknowledged earlier, there is a lot of subjectivity to this too, which can make it very nebulous.
    And there's a lot of pressure and stakes too, which heightens emotions.

I'm just afraid that we are needlessly shooting ourselves in the foot by acting so defensively.

Thank you for conversing with me and for your patience.
    I recognize that I, myself, may have been short or flippant during the convo and I appreciate you remaining objective and respectful.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 08-10-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

'Unconstitutional slop:' Donald Trump spars with Ben Sasse, the GOP senator who attacked his executive order

Seeking to tamp down Republican criticism of his new executive orders on the economy, President Donald Trump attacked GOP senator Ben Sasse on Monday as "Republican In Name Only" – the same senator who attacked his actions as "unconstitutional slop."

"RINO Ben Sasse, who needed my support and endorsement in order to get the Republican nomination for Senate from the GREAT State of Nebraska, has, now that he’s got it (Thank you President T), gone rogue, again," Trump said in a tweet with complex sentence structure.

“The pen-and-phone theory of executive lawmaking is unconstitutional slop," Sasse said shortly after Trump signed the orders on Saturday.

Sasse, a member of both the Senate Judiciary and Finance committees, said Obama "did not have the power to unilaterally rewrite immigration law" and Trump "does not have the power to unilaterally rewrite the payroll tax law."
    Gotta love Republican infighting. Keep it up, boys!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Eagerly awaiting a few dozen "Republicans in Disarray" think pieces in the beltway press.

Hillary was right!