Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The Batman Movie

You know, that's really strange, because I can't get hyped for this movie, when I obviously should be... I mean, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, WW84, Shazam 2, even Flash, yeah, I've some interest. But this one, I can't help but see it as totally disconnected to the larger DCEU, kind of like Joker. I'll probably wait it out, until I hear word of mouth that it's really good, and even then I'll be wary... But I'll be damned if I know why I feel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, that's really strange, because I can't get hyped for this movie, when I obviously should be... I mean, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, WW84, Shazam 2, even Flash, yeah, I've some interest. But this one, I can't help but see it as totally disconnected to the larger DCEU, kind of like Joker. I'll probably wait it out, until I hear word of mouth that it's really good, and even then I'll be wary... But I'll be damned if I know why I feel like this.
    I think they've oversaturated the market for Batman films and the continuous reboots haven't helped. Also, in my case at least, I'm not digging the new costume and the rumors of multiple villains (which has never once worked other than arguably the 66 movie) gives me trepidation.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

God, I can not be more excited for this flick. Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson together, with Colin Farrell- it's all just so perfect.

I love the look of the title and Batman's whole aesthetic.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-21-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm the opposite - I'm more excited for this movie because it's disconnected to the DCEU. It can just be a great Batman movie, no strings attached. Frankly after a decade of cinematic universes that's a breath of fresh air that I'm ready for.

I'm more interested in this than the other DCEU movies.

This film is going to be awesome!! I hope the rumours of it being partly based on earth one are true.

Incredible Member

New pics from the movie

Mighty Member

I don't care one iota for Pattinson, he's the weakest link in this beast, as far as I can tell. But I expected the same of Keaton, and he ended up being quite good. And I thought Ledger couldn't possibly make a good Joker, and now he's the gold standard. So what do I know? I'm perfectly happy to wait and see the performance for itself before I judge.

But if it gets back to character over spectacle (I'm looking at you BvS), and hopefully focuses on Bruce's brain as well as his brawn, I'm always game.

And hey, the film's Batmobile is awesome, so at least there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't care one iota for Pattinson, he's the weakest link in this beast, as far as I can tell. But I expected the same of Keaton, and he ended up being quite good. And I thought Ledger couldn't possibly make a good Joker, and now he's the gold standard. So what do I know? I'm perfectly happy to wait and see the performance for itself before I judge.

But if it gets back to character over spectacle (I'm looking at you BvS), and hopefully focuses on Bruce's brain as well as his brawn, I'm always game.

And hey, the film's Batmobile is awesome, so at least there's that.
    What Batmobile? There's no Batmobile in this movie. There's a black muscle car, which is cool if you're a muscle car guy I guess?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What Batmobile? There's no Batmobile in this movie. There's a black muscle car, which is cool if you're a muscle car guy I guess?

Look at the pics posted in this very thread, and look at the back of that car, and then keep telling yourself that it's just a muscle car. It may not be as heavily stylized the cars they've used in the previous films (or the Tumbler, which is actually military hardware and not a car at all), but it's definitely a Batmobile.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have the slightest problem with Batman using modified real world tech, particularly where the car is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Look at the pics posted in this very thread, and look at the back of that car, and then keep telling yourself that it's just a muscle car. It may not be as heavily stylized the cars they've used in the previous films (or the Tumbler, which is actually military hardware and not a car at all), but it's definitely a Batmobile.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have the slightest problem with Batman using modified real world tech, particularly where the car is concerned.
    I looked at the pictures, it looked like a nice muscle car, with the most minor of modifications you could do to suggest a bat theme, kind of.

It's better than the cars from the old black and white serials?

trailer leaked early
    Looks like your standard Nolan fare again
    not bad but they need to stop forcing Batman into these self contained movies if they are all going to be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    trailer leaked early
    Looks like your standard Nolan fare again
    not bad but they need to stop forcing Batman into these self contained movies if they are all going to be the same
    They're not forcing him into self contained movies - Batman doesn't exist and therefore doesn't care if his movies share a universe with others. If the filmmakers don't want it to be in the DCEU, then it shouldn't be.

And I'll take a Nolan clone over some other possibilities.

Spectacular Member

Feels more like Fincher than Nolan