Page 781 of 782 FirstFirst ... 281681731771777778779780781782 LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 11718
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Standing on the outside of time and space, The Doctor had the advantage of being not just in any place, but any time. The former was bad enough; adding the latter on top of it had them at a constant disadvantage. No matter how many pieces of the puzzle they assembled, they would always remain one step behind. If Ochazuke was right, then The Doctor was pulling allies from as far as the dawn of creation itself. Surely, no mortal person was meant to see that, yet he spat in the face of the preordained order of all things for his own selfish desires, so moral limitations held no consideration in his mind.

Completing their current task was now more important than ever. The time stones allowed him to travel through time itself. Removing them from his inventory removed the biggest advantage he held over their heads. With the time-stream locked from his entry, he would be forced to face them with whatever army he had managed to build and amass to that point.

It was to their fortune that the next two missions promised to be simple. Then again, the tournament ended up being more difficult and time consuming than anyone thought, so the ease of Pike's world and the next one remained to be seen.

"Without the time stones and Zurvan's power at his disposal, he'll be forced to spend the rest of his time in the present, right?" she asked not just Ochazuke, but all who were near and listening. "If his biggest advantage is being able to assault us from any point in time, then removing that ability will force him closer to our level, if not outright so. But I wonder, once we do so, would Zurvan be able to return those plucked from their own times back to where they came from?" She glanced at the time guardian for an answer.

They had faces to go along with The Doctor's. A blue-skinned Oni; perhaps this Marduk that Ishtar spoke of. The golden eyes, however, made her jaw clench. Ishtar's alternate was a looming threat on the immediate horizon. Her power was stated plainly, and even with the power of three Super Saiyans, their chances were incredibly slim. The Doctor would be a fool to ignore the chance to ally himself with someone of her caliber.

But what, if anything, could he possibly have to offer her? Parsley highly doubted that threatening her world would sway her one way or the other. Perhaps something material, or immaterial, such as knowledge or a location.

Or an object of some kind.

"Well done indeed," she spoke in commendation to Aleka. "I have a very strong feeling that the golden-eyed female you saw was Ishtar's alternate. We've learn of her and her immense power at the outset of this mission. As it stands now, I highly doubt we stand much of a chance against her, which makes her an excellent ally for The Doctor. The only question, if my hunch is right, is what has he offered her in exchange for her help."
    Zurvan nods.

“Time displaced individuals, if any remain after the last nexus is closed, can be shifted back by me if needed. I and my permission will be the only things allowed to traverse time.”

Zurvan sighs.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Althena skin turns a deep blue and a sad emoji shows in her a pendent ," Life is the most precious thing in this world, I was always there for my children and my husband Demetri , and I love them much , I even sung my children a nice lullaby every night, but since I was frozen by that wicked creature Zerx . I never got to see my children grow up , and that saddens me. So Meagan when your child is born cherish the moment, Althena said as she begins to sing a beautiful lullaby.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “It’s about speed. The new GP ship is light gears faster than anything around.”
    Parsley wanted to point out that this new ship was also light years slower than a portal that could open a doorway between dimensions, but she held her tongue. "Fine. And it'll arrive tomorrow?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Zurvan nods.

“Time displaced individuals, if any remain after the last nexus is closed, can be shifted back by me if needed. I and my permission will be the only things allowed to traverse time.”

Zurvan sighs.
    "Perfect." Any allies that The Doctor plucked from across space and time would be sent back to where the came from with a mere gesture. That made her feel a lot better about the impending battle. Fewer surprises made it easier to prepare.

Not easy, but easier than it would have been otherwise.

"Okay, good," Parsley said. "The next two missions shouldn't take long. Is there anything else you can tell us about AT2's Ishtar that hasn't already been said?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held opened his mouth to speak, but paused, disregarding the Saiyans impolite tone, focusing on her words.

"...Well, I guess that would make sense." He muttered to himself, rubbing his chin, "The ship probably does have enough horsepower to break through the chaff, but since nothing else on this planet seemed immune to it, I suppose it wouldn't be either."

This Doctor....I'll have to make him pay for this inconvenience. Then again, Jinzi is one of my best friends...I never thought about how there is a version out there that's my enemy...I guess it's because we've never spoken face to face...

"I suppose I might have jumped to conclusions." Held said at last, turning to Avoca, "My apologies, for both that, and your poor palate. It must be an unhappy life you lead, to not be able to appreciate the finer tastes in life."

He shrugged.

"That said, I suppose we can press that aside for a moment. I assume you stowed away on my ship for a reason--You'll be billed for the trip, by the way--or was this some sort of pleasure cruise that brought you here?"
    Avoca couldn't believe the audacity. It was like this clown lost a bet and needed to find any way to recoup his money. Well, he wasn't about to bilk her out of her hard-earned cash. "Give me a bill, and I'll give a boot in the ass," she replied crossly. Even as he apologized, she crossed her arms and grunted.

As for why she was in the ship to begin with when it spontaneously took off, she was reluctant to say why. The truth was that she was just looking through it; mainly at the behest and urging of her friends, but also to sate her own curiosity. She had been about to leave when the opening suddenly closed up, trapping her inside for what would turn into days. It had resulted in a positive. Parsley was alive and seemingly more affectionate than she had ever been in the past; plus, Sarada was alive and well again after that attempt on her life some days ago.

All was good. She supposed her luck hadn't been all that bad. Now, if she could get this clown to quit trying to take her money, that'd be just great.

"If you must know, it was an accident," she explained. "I was looking through the ship and got trapped." She shrugged.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada admittedly hadn't thought about the immediate future as counting towards Ishtar's dread and overwhelmed state. Her alternate was immensely powerful, with a battle power of 10M, if Sheriff Zaofan was to be believe. She didn't think he had a reason to lie about it, so she took his words at face value.

Still, she was a Super Saiyan, the most powerful currently - which, to be fair, only consisted of herself, Totoma, and her sister. She was certain to have gotten much stronger since the tournament began, so her natural power combined with her bond with Ishtar, combined with her golden aura, perhaps she came the closest to matching up with Ishtar, Goddess of Ruination.

She hoped so. Her blood was starting to boil just thinking about fighting someone that strong. But, the consequence of losing was death, and she didn't want to put Ishtar through that. Losing a bonded lover for a second time... No.

Sarada sat back, and pulled Ishtar with her so she could hold her in her arms. "We finish saving your father," she started in answer. "That's the most important thing. Every enemy we've faced has been more powerful than us. And every last one of them fell because we fought as a team. That's how we beat your alternate, as a team." Though Ishtar couldn't see, Sarada smirked. "It's helps that I'm now a Super Saiyan. And now that we're together again, I'm even stronger."
    There it was again, that confidence; and in many ways Ishtar was grateful for it. At the same time however, the Oni felt as if Sarada didn't fully understand or realize that this was not simply a worrying over failing and dying ... there was more to it, than that.

This version of herself, the Goddess of Ruination, was in essence: the realization of what Ishtar feared she would become.

And it was precisely this fear that five thousand years ago, had driven her to ultimately suppress herself -- both emotionally, and physically -- in an attempt to escape this outcome. Of course ... in the end all her efforts on that front mattered little. The past week on its own had nearly forced her head over feet into becoming what she feared. The 'blow' that all but sealed it, coming when Zurvan revealed that she was little more than a pawn.

A gamble, made by interim deities.

Though the golden-eyed Oni also realized that it was unfair to simply expect her to understand any of this. Or really, that making Sarada understand, mattered. After all, Ishtar could feel it. That shiver of anticipation at the mention of her Alternate. It was that all-too-familiar need to fight someone powerful, regardless of the consequences.

Which meant at this point the Saiyan's mind was made up. No amount of explaining, was likely to change that now.

So after several moments of silence -- as she attempted to do what she'd done the past several days -- Ishtar sighed, and focused on moving on for the moment. "You are right ... recovering the temporal anomalies is still the priority."

Though this Super Saiyan form of yours ..." The golden-eyed Oni said, slowly in a shifting away from the previous -- and depressing -- conversation entirely.

"I am sure it is quite arousing. Care to share ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There it was again, that confidence; and in many ways Ishtar was grateful for it. At the same time however, the Oni felt as if Sarada didn't fully understand or realize that this was not simply a worrying over failing and dying ... there was more to it, than that.

This version of herself, the Goddess of Ruination, was in essence: the realization of what Ishtar feared she would become.

And it was precisely this fear that five thousand years ago, had driven her to ultimately suppress herself -- both emotionally, and physically -- in an attempt to escape this outcome. Of course ... in the end all her efforts on that front mattered little. The past week on its own had nearly forced her head over feet into becoming what she feared. The 'blow' that all but sealed it, coming when Zurvan revealed that she was little more than a pawn.

A gamble, made by interim deities.

Though the golden-eyed Oni also realized that it was unfair to simply expect her to understand any of this. Or really, that making Sarada understand, mattered. After all, Ishtar could feel it. That shiver of anticipation at the mention of her Alternate. It was that all-too-familiar need to fight someone powerful, regardless of the consequences.

Which meant at this point the Saiyan's mind was made up. No amount of explaining, was likely to change that now.

So after several moments of silence -- as she attempted to do what she'd done the past several days -- Ishtar sighed, and focused on moving on for the moment. "You are right ... recovering the temporal anomalies is still the priority."

Though this Super Saiyan form of yours ..." The golden-eyed Oni said, slowly in a shifting away from the previous -- and depressing -- conversation entirely.

"I am sure it is quite arousing. Care to share ?"
    Sarada waited out the silence with bated breath. She dearly hoped that her confidence - as misplaced and ignorant as it might have been - was enough to get Ishtar to move on from her dire outlook on the future. The Saiyan knew that such a viewpoint stained every potential consequence a murky color that made it difficult - if not impossible - to see the positives.

Not to say that their impending battle with her alternate had any positives, but the point still stood.

Sarada's breath slowed as the seconds ticked by. Moment after agonizing moment until, finally, Ishtar spoke. She agreed that saving Zurvan should be their focus, and left it at that. With that, Sarada breathed out a silent sigh of relief. It may not have worked as well as I hoped, but at least she moved on.

And the next matter of discussion was one that Sarada had been hoping to gush to her about. She had been brimming with excitement ever since she transformed, and needed to tell someone about it.

And tell she did.

"It's incredible!" she started, eyes wide with ebullience. "I had so much power coursing through me, I thought I was going to explode! Like, my hands and knees were literally shaking, I was so fucking amped up! I was fighting Totoma's alternate, and he made me imagine him killing every I care about. You, Maiz, Parsley, Pinach, everyone. I got so angry, so incensed that I couldn't protect you guys that I exploded. My hair was gold like Parsley's was when she transformed, and my eyes were green! I was so fast and strong, you wouldn't believe! I wasn't as strong as the legends made it out to be, but that just gives me something to work towards. A goal to achieve. I can't wait to get home and tell everyone that I'm a Super Saiyan. I hope I can learn how to transform at will before then so I can show them, in case someone doesn't believe me or someone wants to see."

She was vibrating with excitement. Ishtar would feel her tail wagging under the water. "So, you got your hakai unlocked finally. Feel any different? Any stronger?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"The boy has gotten ahold of an annoying curse..." Rex noted aloud as Charco's conscious delved beneath the waves, giving him free rein over their --no, his-- body, "...but in the end, it is nothing to the Strongest." Compared to the boy's reaction the accursed Nevadian sword, its effects on him was that of a metal sliver in the fingertip; it enough to be noticed, but not enough that it demanded his attention. Scales bloomed across human skin, spreading as quickly as the running waters one washed filth with. Had he had not done this millions upon times with millions of hosts, Rex might have been comforted by the change as it was but one step towards reshaping one of these repulsive mammalian bodies into something more fitting for he, but now such delights had gotten routine.

In most cases, such an emergence would be an omen of the rampage to come, but even he, the Strongest, could feel the heavens rumblings with the approaching storm of turmoil. It was one thing to face abominations of the First Race, but to face someone such as Solarius who briefly woke that man was no mere happenchance. Unfortunately, his host seemed to be plagued with the secondary curse of miserable observation. If it didn't pertain to fighting or directly involved with him, Charco's brain seemed to erase any information from existence.

He was not used to skulking around in the shadows like some damnable human, but his usual methods of direct confrontation would be the end to these fragile beings Charco seemed determined to fraternize despite being oblivious to things in general. While sneaking was not a strength he relied on, hunting, on the other hand, was. His prey would be someone to interrogate, so he would have to be patient for now.

Rex needed answers, and if it meant holding back on devouring all existence as was his right as the Strongest, then all of the weaklings could breathe a sigh of relief for but a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The sharpness of Charco's answer shook the stale air of the chamber - enough to give Ochazuke pause. What was known between them now of this secret history now seemed to piece itself together with greater fidelity, and with it a more pronounced sense of the weight that the young man's burden put upon him.

Her and the school's downfall was because of her humanity. The stark condemnation slithered across the walls within the collective annals of Earth history, set amongst her greatest strides; her most dismal failures. And yet when Charco spoke, next, there was something carried within his tone. Something repressed, a concealed, burning essence within his spirit heralded by a rise of smouldering grey.

Trying to break free, it blight his vision.

So that was how it happened. Setting a hand on the desktop, Ochazuke leaned his weight forward upon it, the frayed poster between him and Charco.

"The disavowal was not theirs alone, otherwise you would have heard the truth long ago," he said. Certainly it would have made this a much simpler matter. "What people do when staring into the eyes a beast coming for their blood...I know is something you understand quite well."

The mortal dilemma of fear. The death of reason fell rank upon one who could see no way out. With all it took away, deep loathing, unspoken, was sowed in its wake. It was not only opponents who sought to prey upon this.

Tracing his hand around the tabletop edge, he rounded the corner with a few measured steps. Standing to Charco's side, the poster calling for succession now faced the younger man where he stood.

"Perhaps there can be no notion of the strongest without those to be considered inferior, but conflating compassion with weakness will lead you nowhere."
    "That's not it," Charco replied, realizing how he must have sounded to Ochazuke and how his previous actions must have painted him, "I just... I know how he thinks."

It wasn't hard to imagine a being's mindset when they had real estate in your mind, body, and soul.

"Back then, they probably believed him to be an ally; a guardian spirit of sorts, maybe. In reality, they were only appeasing him. When she tried to guide them to a more peaceful path, he grew displeased and he waited," He explained, his tone growing grim and his fists balled up tightly, "... he waited for the perfect moment to strike. She probably never expected it, and definitely would not be prepared to fight him back. He probably made sure to do something that would put the tournament and the Dino School into complete ruins, something like..."

A rumbling of dark amusement reverberated through him, his hypothesis close enough to the truth that the answer would be granted.

...I had her sample the other schools... Turtle was the tastiest.

"... something inhuman."

Praxat rises her hand and speaks up, " Actually Qaztoh's Quantum Teleporter watch would be a lot quicker then that ship , and it's capable of teleporting multiple people at once . Mostly likely the Doctor's lair is going to be filled with traps , and he might make it easy to get into his liar on purpose. To lure intruders into a false sense of security!" Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

At hearing that Ochazuke hadn't given Aleka his name yet, Sarada raised an eyebrow. To her knowledge, he hadn't done anything like that to anyone else, so it must have been some new hazing thing he was doing. His name must have equaled his respect, she supposed.

"Sure, I won't give Bill's name out just yet," she responded before laughing quietly. "Seriously, I won't spill, but it'll get pretty awkward talking about him without actually saying his name. Though, I suppose context is a thing."

She shrugged.
    "Bill?" Aleka glanced briefly at them then back at Sarada grinning. "I'm not a expert on human culture naming conventions but no way in hell does he look like a Bill. As for the awkward part, it can be but there be a way around it. If nothing else could ask them something to call them by for the sake of working together."

It would of been kind of funny if his name had been something like John or Bill but none of those names seemed to fit. Of course, given that she had seen parents name their children after directions, food and who knows what else it was hard to say. She doubted their lack of giving a name came from embarrassment of what their name was, he really didn't look like the type that cared about what others thought in that regard.

Though while they were on the subject of naming conventions..

"So, just curious, how did your people get their naming conventions?" Aleka asked curiously. "I know there's a vegetable theme but was there a reason it started? I know for my people its more important a name be given some type of meaning. Like mine going by memory means 'Noble One'. Can't say I always live up to it but I try."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

When he heard Aleka announce her discovery, a small smirk curled in the corner of his mouth.

"We now know why, how, and where," he mulled aloud. "All we need now is to find when he affected his divergence."

And to do that, they needed Zurvan. So the course was clear.

"You did well."

When the Namekian returned to the Lookout plaza, Ochazuke greeted him with a small tilt of his head. Days ago they met across the field of battle as enemies, until the truth came out. The Doctor struck him down once he had outlived his usefulness, and held him ransom to the hope of returning to the safety of his home.

"The Doctor promised you mystic knowledge, didn't he," he said. "That was a bit more than the way back to your family."

As they saw that day, the briefest hesitation to take another step beyond was all it took for Pike to make his turn. Who was to say if the Doctor's promise loosed its grip entirely?

They had faces to go along with The Doctor's. A blue-skinned Oni; perhaps this Marduk that Ishtar spoke of. The golden eyes, however, made her jaw clench. Ishtar's alternate was a looming threat on the immediate horizon. Her power was stated plainly, and even with the power of three Super Saiyans, their chances were incredibly slim. The Doctor would be a fool to ignore the chance to ally himself with someone of her caliber.

But what, if anything, could he possibly have to offer her? Parsley highly doubted that threatening her world would sway her one way or the other. Perhaps something material, or immaterial, such as knowledge or a location.

Or an object of some kind.

"Well done indeed," she spoke in commendation to Aleka. "I have a very strong feeling that the golden-eyed female you saw was Ishtar's alternate. We've learn of her and her immense power at the outset of this mission. As it stands now, I highly doubt we stand much of a chance against her, which makes her an excellent ally for The Doctor. The only question, if my hunch is right, is what has he offered her in exchange for her help."
    Aleka, though still a bit drained, appreciated the brief thank you from the two warriors. "Welcome." Like she said, she was going to pull her own weight for as long as she was here which from the sounds of things was going to be for quite the long haul.

At the mention of the alternate Ishstar as a enemy, Karine had a troubled look on her pale features. "I don't relish the prospect of fighting them not just because they're a twisted incarnation of a friend but the obvious: their power. Normally when outclassed if you have information we could at least adapt ideas of how to get around the power difference. I'm not sure how much of a power set similarity they have.."

"Maybe. A lot of times its best to have a basic outline when dealing with the unknown. Keep it flexible enough to where we can adapt if it comes down to it." Aleka was going to say something more when a Namekian came to gesture for them to follow. Interesting.

She really did feel like the new kid who showed up in school on the first day while the others were doing a project she had absolutely no clue about but was faking it until she made it but it would pass given enough time.

"Just for reference while we're out in the field." Aleka said to her fellow martial artist. "Is there a nickname or anything I can call you by? Gets a bit harder to coordinate without something to go by."

Pike nodded, but then gestures to a small sack he was carrying.

“Evangeline was kind enough to gift me a few tomes. A thank you without cost.”

He shakes his head.

“I can’t say I’m sorry enough. I can only move forward and help you stop him from doing this again.”
    Karine hadn't seen a Namek around on the LookOut besides Slask who she hadn't seen for some time. Was it a another member of their group? Or someone else?

"I don't believe we have met by name or person. My name is Karine Cromwell, may I have your name?" If they were going to be around or escorted she at the very least needed to know them by their name.

It made things much more manageable.

Sarada waited out the silence with bated breath. She dearly hoped that her confidence - as misplaced and ignorant as it might have been - was enough to get Ishtar to move on from her dire outlook on the future. The Saiyan knew that such a viewpoint stained every potential consequence a murky color that made it difficult - if not impossible - to see the positives.

Not to say that their impending battle with her alternate had any positives, but the point still stood.

Sarada's breath slowed as the seconds ticked by. Moment after agonizing moment until, finally, Ishtar spoke. She agreed that saving Zurvan should be their focus, and left it at that. With that, Sarada breathed out a silent sigh of relief. It may not have worked as well as I hoped, but at least she moved on.

And the next matter of discussion was one that Sarada had been hoping to gush to her about. She had been brimming with excitement ever since she transformed, and needed to tell someone about it.

And tell she did.

"It's incredible!" she started, eyes wide with ebullience. "I had so much power coursing through me, I thought I was going to explode! Like, my hands and knees were literally shaking, I was so fucking amped up! I was fighting Totoma's alternate, and he made me imagine him killing every I care about. You, Maiz, Parsley, Pinach, everyone. I got so angry, so incensed that I couldn't protect you guys that I exploded. My hair was gold like Parsley's was when she transformed, and my eyes were green! I was so fast and strong, you wouldn't believe! I wasn't as strong as the legends made it out to be, but that just gives me something to work towards. A goal to achieve. I can't wait to get home and tell everyone that I'm a Super Saiyan. I hope I can learn how to transform at will before then so I can show them, in case someone doesn't believe me or someone wants to see."

She was vibrating with excitement. Ishtar would feel her tail wagging under the water. "So, you got your hakai unlocked finally. Feel any different? Any stronger?"
    There was no denying how excited Sarada was, when she began to explain how she'd become a Super Saiyan.

And despite her mood, the surge of positive emotions across their shared connection was enough to turn up the corners of Ishtar's mouth. It was after all a wonderful thing, the sharing in the happiness of one you cared for. Though to say the words she used to express what happened were a hurried jumble was perhaps an understatement. The golden-eyed Oni needed to actually focus intently to piece together what was being said.

Which itself seemed to be ... unsurprisingly perhaps, that she'd done so as the result of a fight.

Not just any fight it seemed, however. In a similar fashion to what Asha'rah had done -- managed with far less stupidity, at the least -- this alternate version of Totoma had forced a scenario where Sarada had to imagine the death of everyone she loved, and cared for ... sufficient motivation by any measure. So it was that in thee feelings of failure to prevent that, that her Little Love had found the means to clear that final hurdle; and do what no more than a handful of other Saiyans had managed prior: attain the Super Saiyan Form. Though it seemed she realized quickly, that the legends hardly matched the reality. At least when it came to the increase in power, though it seemed the hair color, and eye color that Vocado himself had displayed during the visit in the White-Gold Room was a shared trait of the transformation. A thing to keep in mind for later, perhaps ...

For now however, congratulations were in order.

Turning so that she could look her lover fully in the face then, Ishtar offered Sarada a small smile and a soft kiss. "How absolutely wonderful ... I am so very, very proud of you; and more than a little aroused, admittedly." Taking several moments to hold Sarada close, and simply find comfort in her happiness and warmth; it was then that the golden-eyed Oni eventually worked her way around to answering the questions Sarada had ended her recounting on.

"I do not feel much different, no. Though since it was unsealed, I have not attempted to utilize it ... the Hakai. As for being 'stronger' ... I am not sure. What do you feel ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat rises her hand and speaks up, " Actually Qaztoh's Quantum Teleporter watch would be a lot quicker then that ship , and it's capable of teleporting multiple people at once . Mostly likely the Doctor's lair is going to be filled with traps , and he might make it easy to get into his liar on purpose. To lure intruders into a false sense of security!" Praxat said.
    “It’s location is the issue. Portaling to a place we don’t have the exact coordinates of in the middle of space is never good. In the ship we can narrow down the location. Once we actually have a fox for where it properly is, we can portal from the ship into the base, presuming there are no defenses against that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "Bill?" Aleka glanced briefly at them then back at Sarada grinning. "I'm not a expert on human culture naming conventions but no way in hell does he look like a Bill. As for the awkward part, it can be but there be a way around it. If nothing else could ask them something to call them by for the sake of working together."

It would of been kind of funny if his name had been something like John or Bill but none of those names seemed to fit. Of course, given that she had seen parents name their children after directions, food and who knows what else it was hard to say. She doubted their lack of giving a name came from embarrassment of what their name was, he really didn't look like the type that cared about what others thought in that regard.

Though while they were on the subject of naming conventions..

"So, just curious, how did your people get their naming conventions?" Aleka asked curiously. "I know there's a vegetable theme but was there a reason it started? I know for my people its more important a name be given some type of meaning. Like mine going by memory means 'Noble One'. Can't say I always live up to it but I try."

Aleka, though still a bit drained, appreciated the brief thank you from the two warriors. "Welcome." Like she said, she was going to pull her own weight for as long as she was here which from the sounds of things was going to be for quite the long haul.

At the mention of the alternate Ishstar as a enemy, Karine had a troubled look on her pale features. "I don't relish the prospect of fighting them not just because they're a twisted incarnation of a friend but the obvious: their power. Normally when outclassed if you have information we could at least adapt ideas of how to get around the power difference. I'm not sure how much of a power set similarity they have.."

"Maybe. A lot of times its best to have a basic outline when dealing with the unknown. Keep it flexible enough to where we can adapt if it comes down to it." Aleka was going to say something more when a Namekian came to gesture for them to follow. Interesting.

She really did feel like the new kid who showed up in school on the first day while the others were doing a project she had absolutely no clue about but was faking it until she made it but it would pass given enough time.

"Just for reference while we're out in the field." Aleka said to her fellow martial artist. "Is there a nickname or anything I can call you by? Gets a bit harder to coordinate without something to go by."

Karine hadn't seen a Namek around on the LookOut besides Slask who she hadn't seen for some time. Was it a another member of their group? Or someone else?

"I don't believe we have met by name or person. My name is Karine Cromwell, may I have your name?" If they were going to be around or escorted she at the very least needed to know them by their name.

It made things much more manageable.
    “Pike’s the name. A few days ago I served the Doctor, much as Sheriff Zaofan over there did.”

Alt Zaofan tips a nod to Karine from where he is currently sipping a cup of coffee.

“Ma’am.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

OT:

New thread posted. Please use the Chapter 3 thread from now on.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM