Page 239 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 1391892292352362372382392402412422432492893397391239 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 20948

I would definitely go with Pattinson over Hoult. WB is essentially rolling out the red carpet for him with the new Nolan film, and using it to re-introduce him to audiences. It's all clearly meant to have a synergistic effect. Announce Pattinson as one of the leads in the new Nolan film; then announce he is the new Batman. That will drive audiences to the new Nolan film to check him out, and if it's good, will only increase interest in and traffic for the new Batman film.

We see what you're doing, WB. You had my attention. Now, you got my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm getting some serious Michael Keaton nostalgia from these reactions to Robert Pattinson being cast as Bruce Wayne.
    Well we saw the internet explode with anger when Affleck was cast as Batman.

Retired

Yup, I'm old enough to remember all the anger over Michael Keaton as Batman. In fact, I distinctly remember watching CANADA AM one morning when Ty Templeton and Geoff Pevere appeared on that morning news program to explain their objection to Keaton being cast in the role and how they were registering their protest against it. Ty Templeton was one of my favourite comic book artists and Geoff Pevere was a movie critic that I followed--yet I thought they both came across as total idiots when they sat there moaning about how all their dreams were being destroyed by Keaton playing Bruce Wayne, because he doesn't have the chin for it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘The Batman’ Villains Revealed: Here’s Who Robert Pattinson Will Be Fighting: http://collider.com/the-batman-villa...guin-catwoman/

Edit: Original source: https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...f.1ie/de42d27e
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-17-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

If you want a list of Pattinson performances to show off his acting chops, then I suggest:

-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
    -The Rover.
    -Good Times.
    -High Life.
    -Cosmopolis.
    -The Lost City of Z.

To start with.

Interesting. Penguin as a villain could be interesting if the movie focuses more on Batman as a detective and on Bruce Wayne. If the Joker is the dark shadow of Batman, then the Penguin is the dark shadow of Bruce Wayne. And Catwoman and Penguin are also villains that are a good fit to each other.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I wonder if Catwoman will be portrayed as an actual villain this time around. She wasn't really that in Batman Returns and most certainly not in The Dark Knight Rises.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wonder if Catwoman will be portrayed as an actual villain this time around. She wasn'y really that in Batman Returns and most certainly not in The Dark Knight Rises.
    She'll never be a complete villain because the Batman/Catwoman romance will always be there. I say Jodie Comer for Catwoman. She'd blow everyone else off the screen.

Retired

That Collider article is just someone speculating based on nothing but the speculation from other sources that has been going on for months. And it treats the Matt Reeves movie as if it's going to be like every other solo Batman movie for the past thirty years. Which maybe it will be, but I hope that Reeves will actually try to do a different kind of Batman movie. One that doesn't have at least two name Batman villains in it, one that doesn't fit the same three act formula. Maybe he will be forced to do that for the sake of merchandising and box office, but I'd like to see a film-noir style, detective thriller with Batman solving a mystery, where we don't know whodunnit until the final reel.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    She'll never be a complete villain because the Batman/Catwoman romance will always be there. I say Jodie Comer for Catwoman. She'd blow everyone else off the screen.
    Something tells me they'd want to cast an actress of color this time around. And it's not like it would be anything new for this particular character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Penguin and Catwoman again? That's...interesting. I mean, not that they're in the movie, but just having them together in the same movie again is just kind of weird.

Off-hand I expect Penguin will be the main villain and Catwoman will be the love interest and also be working with Penguin to some degree.

Retired

If they have to have the costumed villains, for the sake of selling toys, I'd rather they had an opening scene in the movie where a bunch of them all appear and Batman rounds them up. Or maybe a scene in Arkham Asylum. But I don't see how the movie can be the film noir and the detective story that Matt Reeves talked up if we get all these colourful kooks as the main bad guys.

I don't really care who the villains are, I just hope the tone feels very gothic and comic book like.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If they have to have the costumed villains, for the sake of selling toys, I'd rather they had an opening scene in the movie where a bunch of them all appear and Batman rounds them up. Or maybe a scene in Arkham Asylum. But I don't see how the movie can be the film noir and the detective story that Matt Reeves talked up if we get all these colourful kooks as the main bad guys.
    I mean, Penguin and Catwoman can be pretty understated as far as Batman's Rogues Gallery goes.

I doubt his Penguin is going to be a "wah-wah" machine-gun umbrella crime boss (at least for the most part). Catwoman is just a thief in a skintight catsuit and whip.

The only way I could've seen something like what you're suggesting is with Affleck's Batman since he was older and had already fought his Rogues Gallery by that point. We have no idea what Pattinson's Batman's experience level is going to be.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't really care who the villains are, I just hope the tone feels very gothic and comic book like.
    Yeah I think this is the main fan hope.