Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Loved Primacy #1. The tension between Hot Rod and Grimlock was great, the coming menace of Trypticon is terrifying (good thing the Autobots have Omega Supreme), and yet another appearance of the Quintessons (cannot wait for that story to be told). The war drums are banging loud.

In a recent interview (interview contains MAJOR spoilers for past issues so if aren't caught up I wouldn't recommend reading it) it was revealed that Combiner Wars would take place in Transformers (RID apparently dropping it's subtitle) and a new Windblade ongoing (which originally was a miniseries). The book has been described as a Cold War arms race with different factions racing to build up as many combiners (like Devastator or Superion) as they can. I'm really worried about what happened to More Than Meets the Eye. On one hand I'm not sure if IDW is confident enough in the line to support three on-goings but I also can't imagine that they'd cancel the fan favorite book. Windblade getting an on-going is great news but if it's at the cost of losing More Than Meets the Eye it's SO not worth it. What's more likely (and what I'm hoping) is that Hasbro or IDW demanded that it be renamed due to the upcoming Robots in Disguise cartoon which takes place in the Aligned continuity and they want to either be able to release comic tie-ins to that show (Prime got three series during it's three season run) or not to confuse people into thinking it's a tie-in. We'll see when things are announced/solicited.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    What's more likely (and what I'm hoping) is that Hasbro or IDW demanded that it be renamed due to the upcoming Robots in Disguise cartoon which takes place in the Aligned continuity and they want to either be able to release comic tie-ins to that show (Prime got three series during it's three season run) or not to confuse people into thinking it's a tie-in.
    Yeah, that's probably the reason.

Haven't read Primacy yet unfortunately. I get my IDW comics digitally and I find $4 a bit too steep for a digital copy (only spend that on Superior Foes). So I'm usually a month or so behind as I wait for the price to go down.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

My ears perked up when I saw news of the Combiner Wars. I've got a question about the IDW series in general though. I read the first two collected editions of the Hot Rod/Lost Light story (not sure if that's MtMtE or RiD) - do those two series follow some prior IDW series?

Spectacular Member

They are gonna change the title of RID to just TF because of that new show? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by kirr View Post
    My ears perked up when I saw news of the Combiner Wars. I've got a question about the IDW series in general though. I read the first two collected editions of the Hot Rod/Lost Light story (not sure if that's MtMtE or RiD) - do those two series follow some prior IDW series?
    Yeah RID and MTMTE are in the same continuity as the previous IDW G1 series and miniseries. They don't reference the older stuff that often though.
    If you're interested all the previous stuff is collected in 8 very nice hardcover volumes:
    http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-T...mers+hardcover
    (Just giving a link to the first one)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    They don't reference the older stuff that often though.
    Except for, you know, all the time. In fact, the whole Dark Cybertron, while perfectly approachable for new readers, was built upon from Simon Furman's Dark Universe stuff.

What comic was Dark Universe in? I'm an old school fan of the original comic, but haven't tried much of IDW's offerings yet. I wasn't really thinking about the fact that Furman probably wrote more than Regeneration One.

Incredible Member

November solicitations

Transformers: Primacy #4 (of 4)
    Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a & c)
    END OF THE ROAD! The final secrets of war for CYBERTRON are revealed! Everything has been leading to this—war has engulfed OPTIMUS PRIME’S world, and MEGATRON stands on the verge of triumph! But can any survive the battle of the titans?!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Primacy #4 (of 4)—Subscription Variant
    Chris Metzen & Flint Dille (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Sarah Stone (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • The explosive conclusion!
    • 30th Anniversary Variant cover by Andrew Griffith!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #35: Days of Deception
    James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
    Days of Deception begins with… PEACE AND HAPPINESS! To be honest, there's not much we can say about this issue without giving away the life-changing events of last issue. What we can say is this: everything’s fine. There’s no conflict, no sadness, no angst. Why is this a problem?
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #35—Subscription Variant
    James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Nick Roche (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • HOW FAR IS TOO FAR?
    • The fires of change drag CYBERTRON’s darkest secrets to light. Heroes become villains, enemies become allies, life becomes death… and history's revelations may tear the AUTOBOTS apart.

Transformers #35: Days of Deception
    John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
    Days of Deception begins! PROWL and the CONSTRUCTICONS hunt the world’s deadliest game—three humans with a history of fighting CYBERTRONIANS! Lines are drawn as human and machine alike are drawn into—the ONYX INTERFACE!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #35: Days of Deception—Subscription Variant
    John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • One human knows the truth of CYBERTRON’s first encounter with Earth… but will his ancient enigma mean war for the AUTOBOTS?

Transformers: Drift: Empire of Stone #1 (of 4)
    Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Alex Milne (c)
    DRIFT RETURNS! Last year, TRANSFORMERS readers were shocked when DRIFT left the AUTOBOTS in disgrace… and now he’s alone, on a mission to clean up the darkest depths of the galaxy—until RATCHET shows up to try to bring him home!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Drift: Empire of Stone #1 (of 4)—Blank Sketch Special Order Variant
    Shane McCarthy (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Blank Sketch Variant (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • The creative team behind the classic—and best-selling—All Hail Megatron return to the character they introduced!
    • Ties directly in to the ongoing MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE series!
    • The fan-favorite character from the big screen returns to where he started—the comics page!
    • Artist’s Edition Variant cover by Guido Guidi!

Angry Birds/Transformers #1 (of 4)
    John Barber (w) • Marcelo Ferreira & Livio Ramondelli (a) • Marcelo Ferreira (c)
    You got TRANSFORMERS in my Angry Birds! No, you got Angry Birds in my TRANSFORMERS! ERGH, OOF, MPPHH!!! Hey! Waitaminit! This is actually pretty great! That’s right, comic lovers, two of your favorite IDW comics have morphed into one amazing new comic! When the TRANSFORMERS lose their powerful ALLSPARK, it ends up on Piggie Island and the world of Angry Birds turns robotic! Prepare to meet… the AUTOBIRDS and DECEPTIHOGS!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Angry Birds/Transformers #1 (of 4)—Subscription Variant
    John Barber (w) • Marcelo Ferreira & Livio Ramondelli (a) • Ramondelli (c)
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99
    • Angry Birds Transformers is the premiere Rovio game launch of 2014. Available for all mobile platforms on October 15th!
    • Written by John Barber! (TRANSFORMERS, TRANSFORMERS vs G.I. JOE)
    • Special TRANSFORMERS Guest Artist Livio Ramondelli provides a “framing” story in the TRANSFORMERS style!
    • Variant Cover by Jorge Pachecho!
    Hmm. No Transformers vs G.I. Joe.

BANNED

Have Quintessons been in IDW yet? I know they've ignored (bit not disgarded) the usual Primus/Unicron conflict but I can't remember Quintessons. Also, who says QUINtessONS and who says quinTESSons?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kirr View Post
    What comic was Dark Universe in? I'm an old school fan of the original comic, but haven't tried much of IDW's offerings yet. I wasn't really thinking about the fact that Furman probably wrote more than Regeneration One.
    Sorry, Dead Universe. My bad. It's an on-going tread in Furman's stuff. It comes back in a big way in Dark Cybertron. Specific issues (no order): Spotlight: Galvatron, Infestation #2, Devastation #3, Chaos event, Dark Cybertron event, Heart of Darkness, and Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Have Quintessons been in IDW yet? I know they've ignored (bit not disgarded) the usual Primus/Unicron conflict but I can't remember Quintessons. Also, who says QUINtessONS and who says quinTESSons?
    They've popped up here and there but nothing major.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    One appeared in Monstrosity.

SPOILERS******************* sorry, I don't know the spoiler tags and there's no button for it

Megatron founds one Quintesson in Monstrosity. Later on he takes its spark. In Primacy, it's been revealed that Megatron gave the Quintesson's spark to Trypticon's body to reanimate him.

Ultimate Member

Latest more than meets the eye...

Ask, and yet shall received!

...oh sweet God, why did I ask? Why...?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Latest more than meets the eye...

Ask, and yet shall received!

...oh sweet God, why did I ask? Why...?
    Yeah that... Was horrible (not the book, that was great.) So something timey wimey happened when the DJD went looking for overlord and this happened. That still doesn't explain where the crew went.

Incredible Member

I don't think I've ever shrieked in horror before. That last page got me to do it. This book just keeps blowing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    One appeared in Monstrosity.

SPOILERS******************* sorry, I don't know the spoiler tags and there's no button for it

Megatron founds one Quintesson in Monstrosity. Later on he takes its spark. In Primacy, it's been revealed that Megatron gave the Quintesson's spark to Trypticon's body to reanimate him.
    Haven't read Primacy yet, but that was already seen at the end of Monstrosity