Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Frost will be showing up in the main book too. She's also part of the pain roster. I don't think she's ostracized
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma has an ulterior agenda? Its not like she cant handle being around people that dont like her if it serves her purpose.
    Why would Storm and Kitty work with her at all if that's your opinion. I get it everyone wants to see Emma off the X-Men and out of the books, I get it. There are lots of times where Emma and Storm got along, there are lots of times when Emma and Kitty got along. Are they BFF's, no! Are they able to work together for common cause, yes!

So my question I pose is why do Storm and Kitty want to have Emma on their team? Why didn't they go to one of the other rich mutants for financial backing?

I think human and mutant relations are in the dark ages. So they Avengers have abandoned the X-Men.

Which raises the question of T'challa.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    it can honestly go any way, the HoX #6 cover could be hinting at them possibly working together in some way...but who knows its all up to speculation at this point and whether or not these past instances are ignored or not. Cause for the most part anyway they pretty much are
    Yes it can go either way.
    But the fact remains...this is not the 1980's. This is not the same editors, writers, artists. Not the same writers and artist of even last year...directing the line and characters going forward.
    Holding on to silly, weak prejudices over stories that occurred decades ago, last year, or even last issue (all the mutants Rosenberg killed are alive)...Makes. Absolutely, No. Sense.
    And yes, one can speculate that certain past instances are being ignored...in order to break away from the over-use and re-hashing of those old stories...in essence, to bring something new, different, interesting to the table, as Hickman himself intimated in his many interviews. It's just that some are just not listening or rather don't want to hear the message because they are too caught up in their entitled 'feels'.
    And let's not pretend...as though they care about Emma, Bishop, Iceman, Pyro...you know, the WHOLE team.
    Let Duggan give Storm a big 'feat' those same detractors will be here screaming "YASSSS!QUEEN-GODDESSSTORMisSNATCHIN'WIGS!!!!"
    SMFH
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-23-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Why would Storm and Kitty work with her at all if that's your opinion. I get it everyone wants to see Emma off the X-Men and out of the books, I get it. There are lots of times where Emma and Storm got along, there are lots of times when Emma and Kitty got along. Are they BFF's, no! Are they able to work together for common cause, yes!

So my question I pose is why do Storm and Kitty want to have Emma on their team? Why didn't they go to one of the other rich mutants for financial backing?
    thats the question Ive been asking. If Storm is written in character, it would be stupid of her to blindly follow Emma after Emma played her and has screwed over several X-men in recent history. It doesnt make sense why Storm would be trusting her and the only thing I can think of is that she is there to look out for Kitty bc she doesnt trust Emma. I dont think Kitty went to Emma for financial backing; I think Emma came to her with an offer and she took it. I didnt say that Emma necesarily has an ulterior motive but given her history, the X-men should expect and be ready for it. If not, its like the X-men constantly taking Mystique in and then acting all shocked when she reveals that she's been lying to them
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-23-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Going by what Hickman has said that Marauders defines the new Dawn of X period in some way. It's the book they have been planning for the longest and has possibly has the most groundwork laid for it in HoX/PoX. In a way X-Men and X-Force can immediately spin out of the event as they sound like teams that support the new Nation of X government. New Mutants probably spins out of X-Men #1 because Corsair is there and the New Mutants probably go with the Starjammers into space. I think Fallen Angels also comes after X-Men #1 and spins out of Kwannon asking for Cable's help.

I am not sure but Excalibur may also spin out directly from HoX/PoX too, or the first couple of issues explain how it all gets established.

But I bet the Marauders come right out of the event. Perhaps they put a crew together to help a shipload of mutants get to the new Nation and they end up being branded as pirates by the human governments. I think they just decide to embrace the whole idea that they are considered pirates and they just go with it and call themselves the Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Welp this thread was fun while it lasted but i'm tapping out. Unless someone cares to share their advance copy of Marauders there's not much more to say. Looking forward to this.
    Yeah, I'm on the same boat.

Looking forward for Marauders and let's hope we enjoy the book and Duggan gives up some great Storm, Emma, Kitty and co. to enjoy!
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats the question Ive been asking. If Storm is written in character, it would be stupid of her to blindly follow Emma after Emma played her and has screwed over several X-men in recent history. It doesnt make sense why Storm would be trusting her and the only thing I can think of is that she is there to look out for Kitty bc she doesnt trust Emma. I dont think Kitty went to Emma for financial backing; I think Emma came to her with an offer and she took it. I didnt say that Emma necesarily has an ulterior motive but given her history, the X-men should expect and be ready for it. If not, its like the X-men constantly taking Mystique in and then acting all shocked when she reveals that she's been lying to them
    There is something fishy about hellfire trading company

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

Looking forward for Marauders and let's hope we enjoy the book and Duggan gives up some great Storm, Emma, Kitty and co. to enjoy!
    I am looking forward to it too. My top picks are Marauders and X-Men. I will be looking at Excalibur, X-Force, and New Mutants, but Marauders and X-Men are at the top of my pick list when they come out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

Absolutely! Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. never forget

what Emma did to ororo was unforgivable. #canon
    Of course X writers weren't seriously. Every X-men just keep forgiving Emma all the time. It's absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes it can go either way.
    But the fact remains...this is not the 1980's. This is not the same editors, writers, artists. Not the same writers and artist of even last year...directing the line and characters going forward.
    Holding on to silly, weak prejudices over stories that occurred decades ago, last year, or even last issue (all the mutants Rosenberg killed are alive)...Makes. Absolutely, No. Sense.
    And yes, one can speculate that certain past instances are being ignored...in order to break away from the over-use and re-hashing of those old stories...in essence, to bring something new, different, interesting to the table, as Hickman himself intimated in his many interviews. It's just that some are just not listening or rather don't want to hear the message because they are too caught up in their entitled 'feels'.
    And let's not pretend...as though they care about Emma, Bishop, Iceman, Pyro...you know, the WHOLE team.
    Let Duggan give Storm a big 'feat' those same detractors will be here screaming "YASSSS!QUEEN-GODDESSSTORMisSNATCHIN'WIGS!!!!"
    SMFH
    Nobody is talking about feats

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is something fishy about hellfire trading company
    What if it's Emma who brings it to Kitty's notice. I mean look at PoX there are Hellfire Looking soldiers there with those Naruto looking sentinels

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Frost will be showing up in the main book too. She's also part of the pain roster. I don't think she's ostracized
    Frost will be in the main book? Source?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What if it's Emma who brings it to Kitty's notice. I mean look at PoX there are Hellfire Looking soldiers there with those Naruto looking sentinels
    I wonder if that is why Shaw was shown in the event. Does he try to seize the HFC back from Emma and the X-Men have to help her regain control of it because Shaw is allied with their enemies helping build Sentinels again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Frost will be in the main book? Source?
    That image with all the X-Men. Don’t think we were to take those specific characters literally though.