Page 171 of 222 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Why do I want to see these guys fight the Ginyu Force?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Back in the day, it was not uncommon for a person with a gun to threaten to "pop a cap in yo arse."

In Hal's case.....would he pop some will-power in dat arse?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Back in the day, it was not uncommon for a person with a gun to threaten to "pop a cap in yo arse."
    "Arse?"

Now I'm picturing these words coming from the mouth of Richard Attenborough...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What an odd choice for Bendis to have Hal say his "you've never been to my house" line to Superman and Batman too.
    I'm quoting myself because I am doubting my memory - did Hal have a scene with Superman in "Man of Steel" where he said, "You've never been to my house" or am I making that up? Or am I just remembering reading that same scene with Batman when it first came out in WalMart however long ago?

Either way, Bendis's take on Hal seem to be that he's a friendly affable guy - he keeps calling Batman "Bruce" while Bats doesn't call him Hal, so I think Bendis is only having Batman be stand-offish. Hal also tells Cyborg not to make fun of Bruce when he's injured. Bendis's Hal just seems really nice...!

I think Hal's upset that his boots turned white when he died...

Looks like Roy's trying to kill himself...

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I feel like any zombie story that has Hal turn so quickly completely misses out on a very good opportunity to show him in a more unique and positive light. The man with the greatest willpower in the universe shouldn't turn into a zombie in a matter of seconds; like, I think it should be Hal, not Batman, who would be able to struggle against the infection and keep it at bay.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I feel like any zombie story that has Hal turn so quickly completely misses out on a very good opportunity to show him in a more unique and positive light. The man with the greatest willpower in the universe shouldn't turn into a zombie in a matter of seconds; like, I think it should be Hal, not Batman, who would be able to struggle against the infection and keep it at bay.
    Yeah, Hal has the strongest willpower it has been established since Geoff's era, But writers always tend to showing Batman willpower and not Hal's. I mean I feel Batman should be the one who figured out how to deal with the infection, But hal should be the one who can resist infection by sheer willpower
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Yeah, Hal has the strongest willpower it has been established since Geoff's era, But writers always tend to showing Batman willpower and not Hal's. I mean I feel Batman should be the one who figured out how to deal with the infection, But hal should be the one who can resist infection by sheer willpower
    that's true...

it would have cool to see hal constantly trying to fight the "infection" within him while fighting those who got infected.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Roy's trying to kill himself...
    It looks like Roy just got lashed and is crawling away unsuccessfully.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Could someone explain the rationale behind Roy wearing that backwards baseball cap? Dopey as hell if you ask me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I find it rather silly for heroes to wear hats in general, let alone baseball caps, but I guess Roy wearing a hat must be a reference to his Speedy days. Someone must've thought that wearing a baseball cap backwards must make him look cooler for some reason.

GREEN LANTERN: BLACKSTARS #2
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by DARICK ROBERTSON

Target: Earth! Hal Jordan and the Blackstars will stop at nothing to bend the planet to its leader’s whims, and Earth’s greatest heroes pull out all the stops to fight these fascists. Betrayals of cosmic consequence abound! And why is Earth’s sun turning orange? We can only hope Superman figures that one out before it’s too late...

ON SALE 12.04.19
    $3.99 US |2 OF 3|32 PAGES
    FC|DC

I find it rather silly for heroes to wear hats in general, let alone baseball caps, but I guess Roy wearing a hat must be a reference to his Speedy days. Someone must've thought that wearing a baseball cap backwards must make him look cooler for some reason.
    I've said this before, while I appreciate the nod to the Speedy cap, it looks kind of dumb on modern Roy.

One of the benefits of a hero "going evil" is watching them go all out against their fellow heroes in cool ways.

Oh no, is this what Parallax advocates felt ?