Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Taylor Discusses Iron Man's Superior" Attitude,

Tom Taylor explains why an inverted Tony Stark isn't a villain, casting Pepper Potts as Iron Man's most dangerous opponent and more.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Y'know what, just because something thinks they aren't a villain doesn't make it so. And I'll stick by my assertion that Tony is now nothing more than a low down dirty drug dealer who has gone so low as to threaten to let a man fall to his death because he made Tony look bad in front of his adoring, drug addled public. And anyone or thing who can take that smug sob down a peg or two has my support. Why the Avengers aree letting him run around like this when they know his is still inverted is beyond my understanding.

Inverted Tony isn't a villain?

Yeah right, sending Ultimo who could kill thousands of peopleto Greece is such a heroic move.

I'm loving Superior Iron Man so far. Tom Taylor has created a different kind of Tony Stark. Yes, he's not as heroic as before. But he's not a villain either. He's just more amoral in his approach. There's a right way to make the world a better place and there's a not-so-right way. I wouldn't say it's wrong though. Reckless, yes. Selfish, definitely. But it's not entirely wrong. He's selling a product the same way Apple sells their products. And he's enjoying the fruits of his labor in the most hedonistic way possible. That's perfectly in line with Tony Stark and I think Superior Iron Man shows that this approach to the character can work.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

it's like the inversion did'nt work n Tony at all.
    he was that way since Civil War.

Spectacular Member

No, he's worse now. He has no morals at all.

Tell me how Extremis isn't a drug? Looks to me like it is affecting it's users just like Heroin or cocaine. People are now going around looking for money for their next "HIT" of Extremis, any way that they can. It has gotten so out of hand that Stark had to resort to sic'ing drones on all the users to make sure they behave themselves. Tell me that isn't turning San Francisco into Starks own personal police state.

He tried to bully Matt Murdock into staying off his case. He went so low as to try to bribe Matt with the "gift" of sight, but Matt was too honest to accept (something Tony is now unable to understand).
    Last edited by Tom Reed; 01-21-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Superior Tony Stark crime:
    Push drugs
    Poison city Water Supply
    Build city surveillance system big brother style
    Unleash Ultimo in Greece
    Try to murder Mighty Avengers
    Physical and brain damage to Daredevil
    Drive Steve Rogers crazy

I hope there will be more panels with details of him being taken down by the late Cabal. Very refreshing.

Spectacular Member

Hopefully in the Secret Wars, Tony would be taken down by one of his counterparts. Since they would be disgusted with his attitude.

BANNED

I'm loving Superior Iron Man thus far but yeah, Stark's a jerk. Anyone who doesn't live in the States, or specifically NYC rarely gets to see his city/country mentioned and the one time they did bring up Greece, they had to make a joke which was in poor taste. So yeah Tony, you're a huge dick. Buuuuuut, the book's great and that armour is gorgeous!

Garth Rockett

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Y'know what, just because something thinks they aren't a villain doesn't make it so. And I'll stick by my assertion that Tony is now nothing more than a low down dirty drug dealer who has gone so low as to threaten to let a man fall to his death because he made Tony look bad in front of his adoring, drug addled public. And anyone or thing who can take that smug sob down a peg or two has my support. Why the Avengers are letting him run around like this when they know his is still inverted is beyond my understanding.
    Right on. "Tony's" behavior in SIM #2 was exactly what I would expect from Lex Luthor. He's a villain. (Forgive me for putting "Tony" in quotes - I can't bring myself to think that this is the same person as my favorite Marvel character for the last 35 years.)

SIM #2 was my last Iron Man comic for the forseeable future, and I have a complete set going back to 1965. Not only does the book bear no relation to the character I've loved for years, but it's not written well. The first two issues gave absolutely no reason for me to want to spend $4 a pop to read about a character I despise. The only reason I picked up #2 was because the final page of #1 had me curious to see how that plot would develop, but it wasn't followed up on in #2 at all. I really wanted this book to give me a reason to keep buying, and it did exactly the opposite.

It may take a few years, but we'll eventually get a writer who cares about Iron Man again and I'll read it again at that time. In the meantime, I'll gladly consign Superior Iron Man to the dustbin of Iron Man Done Wrong along with Teen Tony and Civil War.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Considering that the first Avenger to go "Superior" wasn't checked by "his" fellow Avengers until he'd already made a mess of everything and enabled the city to become a Goblin-dominated warzone by his arrogant overestimation of his technological skills and genius, I wouldn't be surprised if not much gets done about this "Superior" Avenger in the interim. The Avengers seem to have that approach of, "So long as what you're doing isn't impacting your ability to show up for meetings and missions, we really don't give that much of a s***."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Drug pusher not a villain?? Thanks but not my thang!

Quoting from the article itself:

"He simply believes he's right, to the exclusion of all else. His thinking has gotten colder, he lacks empathy for his fellow man, and, while he's not a puppy-blinder, his actions are certainly damaging lives. "

Who DOESN'T think this describes someone who is evil? That's what evil IS, believing you are right, "to the exclusion of all else". Hell, Satan thought he was "right", so did Hitler and Bin Laden. "Lacks empathy for his fellow man". That could apply to those 'gentlemen', too.

It's disturbing to me how in this morally ambiguous atmosphere we find ourselves in today regarding comics (and some of it is a healthy trend, but it goes too far), so many people are afraid to come right out and say, straight up, that someone is evil.

iMan 42s

I won't defend some of his actions but it's not like the Avengers are comprised of the most morally sound people either.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I won't defend some of his actions but it's not like the Avengers are comprised of the most morally sound people either.
    They sure aren't anymore, that's true.