Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If only you could be heard…
    When people stop paying for it then it will be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What have you all done to this thread???
    The same thing that always happens, it spirals out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I kind of forgot this storyline existed but it looks like I haven't missed much. I'm sure Kitty gaining a new power is going to be abandoned.
    Well, she is very much dead right now so does that count?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I would love that too. No more hero vs. hero fighting stuff. One can dream^^

And I hope if this ends they do not get back to the "mutants are hated and killed on sight" or even registered. Better relationship between the two groups would be great. Not without problems but not the "kill them on sight" either.
    Would be nice indeed.

Especialy if the in universe discussions are more about responcibility of power, intigration and social/cultural adaption, rather than just imprisonment, exploitation or killing. Albeit such situation would still be logical to occur. Also there still being extreme situations to have big fight scenes for.

Certainly better than the last 15 years of "mutant doomsday", even if there were good stories and series inbetween.

Somewhat weird, but the world depicted in the two Deadpool movies is actualy offering an example of a world where mutants are an accepted normality, even if not tolerated or accepted by everyone.
    We have mutants being discussed as matter of fact and apparently not in fear of being known as such, X-men being famed heros and accepted by Governments as a "self policing force", yet there are still obvious problems like abuse, question of responcibility (MRD and Essex House vs. X-men and Xavier Institute) and exploitation of powers (Ajax turning mutants into attack drones).

And while that world is also quite dark for the intendet humor, it still could be said to offer quite a balanced X-men setting. In terms of good, bad and ugly. Though with Deadpool as main character the later two are on the forefront.

Well here is hoping the MCU plans for the mutants start with a brighter version of that world in mind, than with how the Ultimate X-men comics started.

JUST got the last issue today.. overall i enjoyed the series. it sure looked nice with all the connecting mark brooks covers.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    *giggles in Briar Raleigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Magneto only gets his helmet out for flatscans.
    One curious fact about Magneto is that the only mutant he has officially dated was Rogue, everyone else has been human, including the mothers of his children, Magda and Suzana Dane and he also loved his grandaughter Luna from the beggining, despite her being born without powers, neither mutant or inhuman, so on the personal, familiar or romantic side he doesnīt really make distintions between humans or mutants his relationship with humanity is a lot more complicated than it would seem at first

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO despite his reform, he is in the same boat as Doom. The public at large know about through them through their publicly bad deeds. Probably 99.9 percent of the current MU Earth population aren't even aware that they wouldn't even exist without Doom thwarting the grand design of the Beyonders. Doesn't matter to them. No one but Doctor Strange would even entertain the idea that he was trying to reform in Infamous Iron Man....so he's like forget that crap.
    Agreed Claremont and some other writers from the 80īs put Magneto in some fun predicaments because of this, things like "Oh no the new mutants had been Kidnapped I have got to rescue them but the avengers will not just let me and I canīt explain to them they are not my new baby brotherhood" or "Yes I know I used to have a war with the US and the soviet union, yes, I recently got back my helmet that can help me manipulate the thoughts of others but I have changed, I swear"

Today Magneto just trusts in the fact not many day to day people recognize him without his helmet unless they are aware of who heīs so heīs very much free to go anywhere without much problem and the heros are kind of aware of his problamatic story so they leave him to the X-men mostly still those previous missundertandings still have their charm

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr
    I would love that too. No more hero vs. hero fighting stuff. One can dream^^

And I hope if this ends they do not get back to the "mutants are hated and killed on sight" or even registered. Better relationship between the two groups would be great. Not without problems but not the "kill them on sight" either.
    Agreed wouldl like to see more of this but on the bright side that Cable preview is showing some needed nuance to the human pov about mutants
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-28-2020 at 11:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    *giggles in Briar Raleigh*
    Isn't that from his series where he lost the majority of his powers and became mutant Punisher?

Magneto has a weakness for human women, which isn't uncommon for racists and it makes him more human. But he's not into groupies, and there are no human cultists in Krakoa. If he's in a good mood he'll let humans be in his government or society but mutants will be dominate and he will be at the top - and he'll still try to conquer humanity with this status quo. He's not doing this anymore, if anything he's regressed in his stance with multiculturalism. He used to even have a friendship with T'Challa, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Isn't that from his series where he lost the majority of his powers and became mutant Punisher?

Magneto has a weakness for human women, which isn't uncommon for racists and it makes him more human. But he's not into groupies, and there are no human cultists in Krakoa. If he's in a good mood he'll let humans be in his government or society but mutants will be dominate and he will be at the top - and he'll still try to conquer humanity with this status quo. He's not doing this anymore, if anything he's regressed in his stance with multiculturalism. He used to even have a friendship with T'Challa, not anymore.
    Sorry but no, Magneto is not into cultist at all but he does have a problem with anti- mutant cultists, in fact in was only after Briar toned down her obssesion with him that he even considered having a relationship with her, his general interactiong with humans are like this:

with family is like this

and in romantic relationships something like this

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-28-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

If only you could be heard…
    One can dream...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sorry but no, Magneto is not into cultist at all but he does have a problem with anti- mutant cultists, in fact in was only after Briar toned down her obssesion with him that he even considered having a relationship with her, his general interactiong with humans are like this:
    That's such a confusing sentence, I said the exact opposite in the post you're replying to. He's dated and married human women, doing so won't not making him racist against humans. He's so not into cultists they're not allowed in Krakoa, that is my point. Being a mutant cultist won't allow you to join the various pesudo-X-teams or party with the named heroes.

That's an exception, he's spent years trying to kill an conquer humanity with a seething hatred. He still thinks he's above humans, in fact. He's killed, tortured and manipulated X-men over them trying to stop him do this. A few moments of acting like a nice person won't raise the human blood off his hands.

with family is like this

Magneto's really not a good father, he has his moments but he's no father of the year by any stretch.

and in romantic relationships something like this

Like I said, a racist who's attracted to people he hates. That's nothing unusual, its cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's such a confusing sentence, I said the exact opposite in the post you're replying to. He's dated and married human women, doing so won't not making him racist against humans. He's so not into cultists they're not allowed in Krakoa, that is my point. Being a mutant cultist won't allow you to join the various pesudo-X-teams or party with the named heroes.
    By the way those cults have been acting that may be a good thing given some of them seem to believe that by drinking the blood of mutants they will get some of their qualities which is not true at all, still as we have seen on excalibur and X-factor humans are welcome to live or visit as long as they have an invitation or are related to someone on the island which even in the real world is not really rare given the existence of visas and all that.

That's an exception, he's spent years trying to kill an conquer humanity with a seething hatred. He still thinks he's above humans, in fact. He's killed, tortured and manipulated X-men over them trying to stop him do this. A few moments of acting like a nice person won't raise the human blood off his hands.
    He fought the X-men when they fought him, he usted to ve their Main villain after all
    but he didnīt kill or torture any of them and even in combat he hold himself off most of the time and when he did go out of control the X-men answered in kind by erasing his mind or stabbing him to dead so I would hardly call their encounters as unilateral killing or torturing of the x-men and he as I have already told you a lot of times he has been an ally of them for years. Also if everytime he interacts in a friendly way with humans you will call it an exception then he has been making exception for at least 20 or 30 years if I count his time as headmaster of the Xavier school but you are free to have your own interpretation of the character.

Magneto's really not a good father, he has his moments but he's no father of the year by any stretch.
    This doesnīt have anything to do with the image I put, the image I put was of him interacting with this grandaughter who was born as a normal human in the a time when he was still a full time villain.

Like I said, a racist who's attracted to people he hates. That's nothing unusual, its cliche.
    He doesnīt hate human people,he just fears what some of them would do with mutants and I think he saw enough of the nazis acting that same way for him to date someone he hates, that just doesnīt make any sense with how he is as a character. In romantic relationships he has been despicted as way more serious than some of his partners Janet used him to know what were his plans during the secret wars saga while he actually thought they were in a relationship and thatīs just one example.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-30-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

By the way those cults have been acting that may be a good thing given some of them seem to believe that by drinking the blood of mutants they will get some of their qualities which is not true at all, still as we have seen on excalibur and X-factor humans are welcome to live or visit as long as they have an invitation or are related to someone on the island which even in the real world is not really rare given the existence of visas and all that.
    Maybe, but it's not like Krakoa's checking over individuals or groups to tell the safe ones from the murderous ones. And if the cults were smart they'd just hop on a boat, and look for Krakoa themselves - Krakoa's physical borders are a joke. Despite being a sentinel island the island itself is far more pourous then countries with things with border security. That's propaganda, Krakoa is far less multicultural and if you're not a human Krakoa may as well be in the Fox movie universe since they erase anyone who isn't human from being in the conversation. There are no humans in Excalibur supporting cast and they spent time in the UK and Otherworld. Classic Excalibur was the most diverse teams in the X-men, not they're just a regular old pseudo "X-men" team. Except who's giving out invitations? There should be hundreds or thousands of people coming in from all over the world, and tourism as an industry is non-existent. Krakoa's laws about visas is unaddressed, as that requires a sophisticated bureaucracy which Krakao lacks.

He fought the X-men when they fought him, he usted to ve their Main villain after all
    but he didnīt kill or torture any of them and even in combat he hold himself off most of the time and when he did go out of control the X-men answered in kind by erasing his mind or stabbing him to dead so I would hardly call their encounters as unilateral killing or torturing of the x-men and he as I have already told you a lot of times he has been an ally of them for years. Also if everytime he interacts in a friendly way with humans you will call it an exception then he has been making exception for at least 20 or 30 years if I count his time as headmaster of the Xavier school but you are free to have your own interpretation of the character.
    Context, he fought them because he wanted to dominate humanity and they wanted peaceful co-existance with humanity. They weren't stopping him from robbing banks like the Flash does with the Rogues in Keystone City. Magneto's tried to kill them from X-men #1, he sent missiles at the first group of X-men when they entered the army base! He murdered Dazzler in "Eve of Destruction." He was Eric the Red in "The Trial of Gambit." "Fatal Attractions" - Wolverine. Why are you framing those as if, the X-men didn't go over board with those actions (which they deeply regretted) as if that makes it ok? So the X-men fought back this makes what he did right? No. That's dismisses his agency and responsibility for his own actions when he's a super-villain. Occasionally villains team up with super-heroes, so what? That didn't make Doom a good guy forever. Those are temporary alliances, he always goes back to being a villain. In fact, he did this as far as back as 2018 with X-men: Blue. Read "Surviving the Experience," "Eve of Destruction," "Cry Havoc" all storylines he was a villain within the last 20 years. His time as headmaster was over long before the storylines I mentioned, and didn't stop him from murdering X-men or going to war with humanity from genosha. I'm using canon, not my "interpretation."

This doesnīt have anything to do with the image I put, the image I put was of him interacting with this grandaughter who was born as a normal human in the a time when he was still a full time villain.
    How he is a father has nothing to do with how he is as a grandfather, really? lol I know who Luna is. He was kind to this one human which he felt a family bond with, but anyone else at the United Nations had it coming? No.

He doesnīt hate human people,he just fears what some of them would do with mutants and I think he saw enough of the nazis acting that same way for him to date someone he hates, that just doesnīt make any sense with how he is as a character. In romantic relationships he has been despicted as way more serious than some of his partners Janet used him to know what were his plans during the secret wars saga while he actually thought they were in a relationship and thatīs just one example.
    Rage is a driving motivator for Magneto, fear is simply a part of that. This is incredibly nice to him considering he's spent years killing humans for being human, and attacking mutants directly and indirectly in hiss schemes for world domination and mutant supremacy. The nazis are what drove him to turn on humanity, he's the morality tale of a mutant who became the monster he as fighting against. Magneto is a complex and very human character, nothing I've said disputes this. He can have contradictory values and still be a monster. He's a man with a history of terrorism that's killed thousands, minimum, and globally and nationally attacked countries and militaries, I think you're not seeing how badly he'd be hated or feared in Marvel or the real world. Even humans who support X-men and mutants are scared to death of Magneto. He's more than earned it.

What about the fact he no longer has a relationship with T'Challa? He's back in power now with Krakoa.

Why isn't he doing this anymore? Wakanda's supposed to be one of the friendlier countries with Krakao.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-30-2020 at 10:42 PM.

The torture part isn’t true: when Magneto trapped the X-men in the special chairs that inhibited their powers and reverse them into a infant state in the Antartica base, it was psychological torture.

Magneto is too inconsistent for me to consider him as an unique character: I like him written by some authors and dislike him by others.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

The torture part isn’t true: when Magneto trapped the X-men in the special chairs that inhibited their powers and reverse them into a infant state in the Antartica base, it was psychological torture.

Magneto is too inconsistent for me to consider him as an unique character: I like him written by some authors and dislike him by others.
    The whitewashing of Magneto is inexcusable, you'd think it was the X-men who were the villains in their own comic book. As long as the humans and mutants Magneto's responsible for killing is done off-panel they don't matter, they aren't even credited as victims of his terrorist acts. As well as Magneto being retconned into a saint after he became the Academy's headmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    JUST got the last issue today.. overall i enjoyed the series. it sure looked nice with all the connecting mark brooks covers.

I won't lie... the cover looks pretty great.