View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I loved Emma interrupting Polaris explanation on how their powers solved the case.

Yes that was SPOT ON and hilarious.
    "Yes. You're smart. Terrific. AND???"
    I'm glad it was wordy, it made the wait feel worth it.
    Doubly this. This **** ( I say **** with the most admiration haha) took FOREVER to see print and then BLAM: Mega Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The cast ages span a wide range and Lorna didnt seem off from where she should be relative to them.

Daken is the oldest being born in the mid 1940s
    Northstar - Probably same age as the O5. Lets say he's 28
    Lorna - She came across about the same age as Jean-Paul. 27
    Rachel - slightly younger by maybe 3-4 years, 23
    Prodigy - 19ish
    Eye-Boy - 17/18
    These ages make my head hurt
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Completely agree. Wordy stuff is my fave part of it. Give me all that dialogues and even more.
    I’m glad others are speaking up. This should be praise, not a complaint. Only thing missing are thought balloons!

These ages make my head hurt
    Yeah, also Prodigy is either using a fake ID at night clubs or he's 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’m glad others are speaking up. This should be praise, not a complaint. Only thing missing are thought balloons!
    Oooh I love a thought balloon moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I am sure that even thought balloons could work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, also Prodigy is either using a fake ID at night clubs or he's 21.

Oooh I love a thought balloon moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure that even thought balloons could work here.

I love youse guys! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The cast ages span a wide range and Lorna didnt seem off from where she should be relative to them.

Daken is the oldest being born in the mid 1940s
    Northstar - Probably same age as the O5. Lets say he's 28
    Lorna - She came across about the same age as Jean-Paul. 27
    Rachel - slightly younger by maybe 3-4 years, 23
    Prodigy - 19ish
    Eye-Boy - 17/18
    This seems about right for ages!
    There are so many things I love about this book! I like how it didn't take them too long to mesh as a team, they wanted to solve this case to help Northstar out, even Daken for all of his teasing wanted to help find Aurora! As they started seeing what each other could do they genuinely appreciated the help from each other!
    I loved Rachel in this book, it felt like she was moving forward through a lot of her trauma, and actually it seems realistic that someone who has been very badly traumatized would actually become very attached to her pet! There are interesting psychological aspects to Rachel, has she been reluctant to use her chronoskimming for this type of work in the past? Is this what made her a good hound for the Sentinel Regime and Ahab, that she can track people across moments in time! Does she feel an affinity for the baby warwolf because he is a hunter like Rachel is!

Northstar had a lot of nice moments where his attitude was thrown back at him, and a bit of a big surprise when Lorna made him the team leader! I like that Daken was the one who really showed Northstar that he needed to understand everyone is not his enemy, 1st when Daken held Northstar back from the vehicle so the team could finish their assessment, and then later when Daken took Aurora's body to the morgue for examination! Daken has his issues, but he showed that he also had respect for Northstar's grief and he toned things down when he knew Northstar was struggling with Aurora's death!

Prodigy, wow, what a wonderful showcase of his powers! I noticed he had icons for everyone in his glasses interface (haha fireball Rachel, too funny)! We only got to see a bit of personality out of him, but he was trying really hard to keep the team focussed and making sure everyone was included!

Eyeboy, only had a few cute moments, but you can see he is just happy to be hanging out with the cool kids on Krakoa! He was so happy when Rachel and Lorna approved his flier for X-Factor at the end!

Lorna, this issue really set the tone for her future growth! She isn't sure where she fits, she feels the pressure of being in her Dad's shadow, but then on top of that she feels like her whole past has been defined by who she was in a relationship in, or having her life stolen by Malice! I loved that she confronted her Dad about how he can't even define her personality, and made him acknowledge that she needs to figure things out! I love that Magneto needed to reassured that Lorna was still going to visit him regularly, he wants her to have her space, but he needs her to be in his life, and I like that they acknowledge that Magneto needs and wants Lorna to be a part of his life!

Lorna's powers, is she more of a geomancer, has she always been a geomancer! A geomancer could manipulate metal the way Magneto does because it's just another mineral, but it appears Lorna can manipulate all minerals regardless of metal content! Even just straight out gemstones! Is this related to why Lorna went into geophysics in university, was she trying to understand how her powers really worked! Lorna isn't just connected to Krakoa because she threw it into space all those years ago, she feels like she is in sync with the earth composition of Krakoa, very similar how Black Tom is in sync with the plant composition of Krakoa! It also appears that Krakoa likes Lorna, just like Lorna feels at home on Krakoa, Krakoa feels at home with Lorna on Krakoa! I thought it was very interesting that Krakoa built her a bed of gemstone to sleep on after she finished building the new headquarters! When Lorna fell asleep on the gemstone bed she felt safe and protected, because she really was, I believe if anyone tried to mess with Lorna that Krakoa would have protected her!

It's really interesting how this will move forward, but I love the book so much!

I also love the investigative work, and I loved the quiet council summary of the investigation! I know this kind of makes it feel like mutant CSI, but I am actually ok with a full out detective series on Krakoa! This book lets us visit with more Krakoan citizens as this team will interact with a lot of people! It won't all be fighting an enemy all the time, sometimes it's just finding out and exposing the truth!

I love how the upcoming covers are all giving the series a noir detective comic series! I am really looking forward to this series upcoming issues!

Oh, and Rachel and Amazing Baby are so cute together, and I love it!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lorna's powers, is she more of a geomancer, has she always been a geomancer! A geomancer could manipulate metal the way Magneto does because it's just another mineral, but it appears Lorna can manipulate all minerals regardless of metal content! Even just straight out gemstones! Is this related to why Lorna went into geophysics in university, was she trying to understand how her powers really worked! Lorna isn't just connected to Krakoa because she threw it into space all those years ago, she feels like she is in sync with the earth composition of Krakoa, very similar how Black Tom is in sync with the plant composition of Krakoa! It also appears that Krakoa likes Lorna, just like Lorna feels at home on Krakoa, Krakoa feels at home with Lorna on Krakoa! I thought it was very interesting that Krakoa built her a bed of gemstone to sleep on after she finished building the new headquarters! When Lorna fell asleep on the gemstone bed she felt safe and protected, because she really was, I believe if anyone tried to mess with Lorna that Krakoa would have protected her!
    I feel like this is something new Leah is adding to her bc of her background. To be honest, she was written here, the way Magma should be, but most writers down acknowledge that side of her

How even did Krakoa survive getting flung into orbit by Lorna? That's got to be a pretty wild story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    How even did Krakoa survive getting flung into orbit by Lorna? That's got to be a pretty wild story.
    Parts of it fell to Earth when she did that and this could be a piece of it that regrew

As long as a small piece of Krakoa survives, it can grow back over time.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'd love to see Polaris manipulating the earth more often, but I'm not sure if it's something we'll be seeing much outside of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The creation of the Boneyard was described as a collaboration with Krakoa, I would think that means Lorna was manipulating the metallic elements while Krakoa was controlling the non metallic minerals.

What happened to the Krakoa from WatXM? Was it reabsorbed into Krakoa proper?

More proof after Giant Size Magneto that Marvel Universe magnetism also includes engineering, architecture and design skills.

I loved Emma interrupting Polaris explanation on how their powers solved the case.

hahaha. QFT. That's the brilliance of the QC were able to get a ton of great one liners in all the books.

Also... I love that people think the 05 could be in their 20s. This aging, particularly with Magneto is going to be a problem in the MCU movies.

Here's how I generally view the ages:
    Xavier/Magneto... 50s/60s
    05/ANAD... 30s
    New Mutants... Late 20s
    Gen X... Early 20s
    NXM... teens
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/