Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who knows. They might do that. Or not. Whoever the new Wolverine is is going to be controversial enough.
    true that guy is in for a lot of internet snark to say the least.

I prefer good stories far more than making sure any character is served. The fact Hawkeye was shoved to the side did not make me like or dislike any of the MCU.

If the best story comes from focus on wolverine or spiderman or anyone do that story.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I personally dislike that they made Spider-Man Iron Man's heir in the MCU.

I would rather Wolverine stick with the X-Men. I'm not sure what he offers the Avengers charcterwise besides popularity which the Avengers brand doesn't need at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well the point of the underdog is that when they win and save the day it feels special. But in the Avengers, Spider-Man never wins. An underdog who doesn't win is not an underdog he's a--hole who gets hit by a truck, and basically is there just to prop up the ego and reputations of the other Avengers.

In other words, in the Avengers, Spider-Man is "noob noob".

What real reason would there be for a Spider-Man fan to follow his adventures in the Avengers? What great moments are there for them to follow these titles if their investment is never going to be rewarded?
    It's a fair point that he's never saved the day in an actual Avengers story but it's not like he's presented as a total loser in those books either. Think back to those early Bendis books Steve recruits him and sincerely tells him every time they've fought together he's been impressed. Stark took him in and helped him with tech because he respected Peter's intelligence. He identified Electro and gave the group the details of Sauron's powers there was this sense that his experience in the superhero game was much more varied than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    It's a fair point that he's never saved the day in an actual Avengers story but it's not like he's presented as a total loser in those books either. Think back to those early Bendis books Steve recruits him and sincerely tells him every time they've fought together he's been impressed. Stark took him in and helped him with tech because he respected Peter's intelligence. He identified Electro and gave the group the details of Sauron's powers there was this sense that his experience in the superhero game was much more varied than the others.
    Waid's Avengers, on the other hand...

Well, Spidey is already associated with the MCU Avengers so I'm not too concerned about that. I'd be cool with Wolverine being an Avenger alongside Spidey, especially if they brought along Spider-Woman and Luke Cage too, but I'd prefer he be a part of the MCU X-Men for at least one movie before he joins the Avengers. Hell, maybe we'll get Wolverine vs. Hulk and the reveal of Alpha Flight's inclusion in the universe, I'd be cool with that. Though that would require Professor Hulk to be dumb and full of rage again.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

There's never been an Avengers story where Spider-Man gets to save the day or make the big contribution to victory
    I'd point out AvX #9 where he took down both Phoenix Colossus and Magik when the rest of the team was out of action.

Or Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2 when he freed the Avengers to take on Thanos and distract him long enough for a cosmically powered Warlock emerged to end it.

Just off the top of my head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I'd point out AvX #9 where he took down both Phoenix Colossus and Magik when the rest of the team was out of action.

Or Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2 when he freed the Avengers to take on Thanos and distract him long enough for a cosmically powered Warlock emerged to end it.

Just off the top of my head.
    The AvX issue you mention is probably the closest. The other one though is iffy.

But still it's not enough.

The AvX issue you mention is probably the closest. The other one though is iffy.

But still it's not enough.
    When provided their headquarters?

Spider Island he leads the team

He solves the problem with the collective guy in canada

He stopped the Lava men once but that was more a team up than him as an avenger although I think he gets offered a slot.

besides the ones I and other already mentioned that is all I got without diving back into the books.

He was a key part of civil war in multiple ways.

I wouldn't use Civil War as a positive example of his time in that group, in fact Civil War was bad for pretty much almost everyone there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I wouldn't use Civil War as a positive example of his time in that group, in fact Civil War was bad for pretty much almost everyone there.
    He was a swing vote of sorts. as he changed sides so did momentum.

BANNED

Most of Spider-Man's cool moments in CIVIL WAR happened in ASM's tie-in issues written by JMS and not the actual event comic. Doesn't count.

Most of Spider-Man's cool moments in CIVIL WAR happened in ASM's tie-in issues written by JMS and not the actual event comic. Doesn't count.

I really dont understand these random this counts this does not?

Does what happens in CAP or Iron man solo stories involving avengers not count it seems kinda dumb it is a shared universe.

Another moment he has is when he tells Luke and his team he needs to quite Logan and Luke pull him aside asking him to stay. In a way the big 3 of the new Avengers were Luke, Logan and Spidey, at least for a short time. it was one of the rare times he got to shine as a science guy in a team. Not Tony or Reed to bigfoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I really dont understand these random this counts this does not?

Does what happens in CAP or Iron man solo stories involving avengers not count it seems kinda dumb it is a shared universe.

Another moment he has is when he tells Luke and his team he needs to quite Logan and Luke pull him aside asking him to stay. In a way the big 3 of the new Avengers were Luke, Logan and Spidey, at least for a short time. it was one of the rare times he got to shine as a science guy in a team. Not Tony or Reed to bigfoot him.
    When an Avenger appears in Cap, Iron Man or Spider-Man solo, i think that pretty much goes without saying that is solo story when Steve, Tony or Peter get to be the heroes becuase is their own title and the Avengers are guest that might make the plot more dynamic or fun. More simple is not an Avenger story, is Cap/Iron Man/Spider-Man story guest starring the Avengers, at least thats the difference that i always i made.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    When an Avenger appears in Cap, Iron Man or Spider-Man solo, i think that pretty much goes without saying that is solo story when Steve, Tony or Peter get to be the heroes becuase is their own title and the Avengers are guest that might make the plot more dynamic or fun. More simple is not an Avenger story, is Cap/Iron Man/Spider-Man story guest starring the Avengers, at least thats the difference that i always i made.
    But that has no impact on the question of Spiderman having moments as an avenger. No matter what book he does it in it is still a moment as an avenger if it is a story including Avengers. His leadership in spider island heavily involved the Avengers in the end and should him taking charge and being listened to (even if wolverine joked about taking orders from Parker).

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    But that has no impact on the question of Spiderman having moments as an avenger. No matter what book he does it in it is still a moment as an avenger if it is a story including Avengers. His leadership in spider island heavily involved the Avengers in the end and should him taking charge and being listened to (even if wolverine joked about taking orders from Parker).
    For me it does, a solo story is not the same that a team book, the dynamics are different and usually the one that ends looking better is the protagonist of the solo, i'm sure that Avengers fans aren't gonna appreciate having the group playing second fiddle to him in an actual Avenger book, becuase a team book is supposed to make everyone important, not just him. And in my opinion, nothing of what i seen of him in team books has been a particurlary compelling dynamic, even if he has one or two cool moments here and there.

Besides he doesn't need to be a member of the Avengers to interact or having the guest star on his solo, so i think that is better to keep their relationship in the ocassional team up.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-10-2020 at 03:50 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona