Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moro VS Marvel Universe

How does Moro do against the Marvel Universe? How far does he get before he starts losing fights?

Assume he is at prime level, not the old version.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    How does Moro do against the Marvel Universe? How far does he get before he starts losing fights?

Like a lot of DB characters, he's got a ton of raw power, but is missing feats for dealing with esoterics or non-physical attacks.

He makes it up to, say, Herald-level or so, but he's not stopping the Surfer from turning him into a teacup. He'd also get stopped dead by any telepath he can't blitz, but that's not really very many. Shaman Nate Grey would deal with him, given his planck time + don't need a body feats, and perhaps Jesus Cable, given the feats for repairing all the damage they were doing in real time during a Surfer blitz.

Having the fight on Rumbles also eliminates most of what he did to be seriously threatening to the heroes.

In the Arena, Vegeta, post Yardrat training, would destroy him, because he wouldn't have stopped to ask if he should kill the guy, he'd just do it. MUI Goku, same thing, he wouldn't have given the dude a Senzu and time, he would have just erased the threat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i can see strange or almost any powerful magic user giving him problems.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Like a lot of DB characters, he's got a ton of raw power, but is missing feats for dealing with esoterics or non-physical attacks.

He makes it up to, say, Herald-level or so, but he's not stopping the Surfer from turning him into a teacup. He'd also get stopped dead by any telepath he can't blitz, but that's not really very many. Shaman Nate Grey would deal with him, given his planck time + don't need a body feats, and perhaps Jesus Cable, given the feats for repairing all the damage they were doing in real time during a Surfer blitz.

Having the fight on Rumbles also eliminates most of what he did to be seriously threatening to the heroes.

In the Arena, Vegeta, post Yardrat training, would destroy him, because he wouldn't have stopped to ask if he should kill the guy, he'd just do it. MUI Goku, same thing, he wouldn't have given the dude a Senzu and time, he would have just erased the threat.
    The big thing with Moro is that he absorbs people's life energy simply by being in proximity to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The big thing with Moro is that he absorbs people's life energy simply by being in proximity to them.
    True enough, but it's not instant and there are enough people who can down him with a thought thanks to esoteric powers - if they get a chance to react.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

He just makes it up to as far as Herald level as he is too slow and less hax than Silver Surfer. To be honest that's the problem with a lot of DB characters especially DBS, they have output, but they lack hax and durability to tank everything from upper tier of other characters from other verse.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Any thoughts on what happens if Moro does his neck grab/power cloning ability on the Silver Surfer or someone suitably potent?

He's not got much esoterics intrinsically but he could get them easily enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Any thoughts on what happens if Moro does his neck grab/power cloning ability on the Silver Surfer or someone suitably potent?

He's not got much esoterics intrinsically but he could get them easily enough.
    That would be Moro specifically after he vored Seven-Three. It's not an ability he has inately.

It's a fair question, we just need to start clarifying which state Moro starts out in when we put him in threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That would be Moro specifically after he vored Seven-Three. It's not an ability he has inately.

It's a fair question, we just need to start clarifying which state Moro starts out in when we put him in threads.
    I... thought... and I'll freely admit DBS isn't something I read very intently... that Seven-Three was like... a backup clone... thing of Moro so the power to grab and copy was technically his originally...? Am I making that up?

Extraordinary Member

I... thought... and I'll freely admit DBS isn't something I read very intently... that Seven-Three was like... a backup clone... thing of Moro so the power to grab and copy was technically his originally...? Am I making that up?
    Seven-Three was an alien android completely seperate from Moro as a being.

He had the ability to copy power sets by grabbing people by the neck. Moro had Seven-Three copy his powers because they're super handy.

Moro then also devised a back-up plan to eat Seven-Three and gain his abilities (because that's what happens when you eat people) as well as the ones he'd copied in case he was ever backed up against a wall (including a sort of refresh of his own powers), as what happened with Vegeta.

So the power copy ability was not originally Moro's.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-23-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Seven-Three was an alien android completely seperate from Moro as a being.

He had the ability to copy power sets by grabbing people by the neck. Moro had Seven-Three copy his powers because they're super handy.

Moro then also devised a back-up plan to eat Seven-Three and gain his abilities as well (because that's what happens when you eat people) as the ones he'd copied in case he was ever backed up against a wall (including a sort of refresh of his own powers), as what happened with Vegeta.

So the power copy ability was not originally Moro's.
    Thanks for clarifying, but off the back of that, what if he eats like... Terrax for example?

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for clarifying, but off the back of that, what if he eats like... Terrax for example?
    No idea.

They don't exactly go into the details of how it works beyond Moro going "I have all these powers now and none of the limitations Seven-Three had because yeay me."

So I guess, he could possibly eat other cosmic characters and get a power boost from that.

I would place the limitation at something around what the being's limits already are.

I'm totally chill with Moro being able to dupe powers of people up to... Herald-level, or even Thanos-level, without any limitations, EXCEPT perhaps in the specific case of Heralds and other beings living by sucking on other beings' power-teets. Thanos' powers come from him (well, sometimes machines, but mostly him), so they are copy-able. But Heralds get their juice from Big G. I don't know that copying the powers would establish the link to the PC. OTOH, people have power-jacked Heralds.

I don't think he could copy a Skyfather or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I would place the limitation at something around what the being's limits already are.

I'm totally chill with Moro being able to dupe powers of people up to... Herald-level, or even Thanos-level, without any limitations, EXCEPT perhaps in the specific case of Heralds and other beings living by sucking on other beings' power-teets. Thanos' powers come from him (well, sometimes machines, but mostly him), so they are copy-able. But Heralds get their juice from Big G. I don't know that copying the powers would establish the link to the PC. OTOH, people have power-jacked Heralds.

I don't think he could copy a Skyfather or anything.
    I think I agree, but it kinda begs the question of where Dragon Ball angels would compare in the Marvel cosmic hierarchy. Meerus was copied, but in the other hand, Whis blocked Moro so casually (like he does everyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think I agree, but it kinda begs the question of where Dragon Ball angels would compare in the Marvel cosmic hierarchy. Meerus was copied, but in the other hand, Whis blocked Moro so casually (like he does everyone else).
    Meerus was an "Angel in Training" or something. Whereas Whis is a fully realized Angel that has reality warping abilities along with his incredible physical abilities. Its not fully clear on what level Whis' abilities are, but he can make someone dead back to living, rewind time (limited though), and birth Bulma's baby by teleporting(?) Bulla out of her stomach.