Page 80 of 207 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3103
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I just don’t see the need to rush to re-tell stories already told when they have so many other worthy stories to choose from.
    I'm pretty confident Feige has seen the errors of the FOX with the X-Men and Marvel will take its time to tell the X-Men stories. I'm really hoping for a good rendition of Jean Grey, for exemple. FOX has used the character as a device plot without ever dwelling into her characterization. The best exemple is going from her introduction in Apocalypse directly into the Dark Phoenix saga! Why bother with building a story and a character? For me that's the main sin of the FOX-Men movies, search for immediate profit without the investment needed!

new tv spot

Incredible Member

Looks like the film is 110 minutes long, which would make it the shortest X-Men movie. So much for character development!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Looks like the film is 110 minutes long, which would make it the shortest X-Men movie. So much for character development!
    Run time doesn't necessarily negate development though.

From all of the trailers it seems that they don't want to show too much new footage so that supports the short run time thing, but everything sees to me like it will be a mostly character focus and mostly on Jean so if she really is the focus like they have said then that's enough time for a lead story arc and maybe 2 or 3 secondary arcs from the rest of the cast. We know Raven is peacing out pretty quickly so she won't be stealing much time from the others.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Run time doesn't necessarily negate development though.

From all of the trailers it seems that they don't want to show too much new footage so that supports the short run time thing, but everything sees to me like it will be a mostly character focus and mostly on Jean so if she really is the focus like they have said then that's enough time for a lead story arc and maybe 2 or 3 secondary arcs from the rest of the cast. We know Raven is peacing out pretty quickly so she won't be stealing much time from the others.
    And that's a good thing, the Jennifer Lawrence focus has been to the detriment of a lot of characters

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I just don’t see the need to rush to re-tell stories already told when they have so many other worthy stories to choose from.
    I agree that they don’t need to tell it anytime soon, but I 10 or 15 years from now I feel plenty of time would have elapsed to tell it again in the MCU.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Uh, that’s not the shortest. X1, X3, and Origins were all shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new tv spot
    I think there is no doubt left that they are completely ignoring the ending of the last film.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think there is no doubt left that they are completely ignoring the ending of the last film.
    If you’re talking about Phoenix they apparently explain that in the movie.

BANNED

Does May 13 hold any significance in connection to the X-Men franchise?

Looks like it's 1 hr and 54 minutes, according to box office mojo, which would put it at 114 minutes long. So yes, it will be shorter than most X-Men movies. That's not necessarily a bad thing. While I'd love to watch 3 hours of X-Men movie after Avengers Endgame offered so much content, I'm okay with a leaner, more concise movie. As long as it makes each frame count, I'm okay with this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.