Page 91 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5166
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Atlantis kick Namor out recently? I think that happened in Aaron's Avengers but this seems to be ignoring that because T'Challa is immediately trying to kill Namor.
    It wasn’t so much that Atlantis kicked Namor out as the surviving Atlanteans abandoning Atlantis and deciding that reverting to being Stone Age Hunter gatherer nomads was mire conducive to survival than the Russian roulette of Namor’s leadership

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    coming soon.

Is this an animated project?

Looks intriguing.

yes.

and i hope it'll be more than just intriguing.

you're going to laugh but I can fix all this in two issues.
    I’ll bite, how would you fix it?
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The last good issue of BlackPanther to come out since Liss
    that can't be right, Liss was so long ago. Like 10 years right?. It was an enjoyable run with a weird premise.

What about the Narcisse limited series or that BP annual in 2018 or 2019 by Preist, McGregor and Hudlin?

I just feel like for the past two years I've only been reading BP in the Avengers outside from maybe a one-shot or mini I'm forgetting. I always use to pop in here to get the low down on what I should pick up, but nobody is making any current recommendations these days.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I’ll bite, how would you fix it?
    why on earth would i give that away, for free?

you're going to laugh but I can fix all this in two issues.
    No laughs from me. I hope we get to see it one day.

---

I'm curious as to what this status quo shift is going to be (unless it's just the exile). Other than death, what else is Ridley going to do?

---

Saw Wakanda Forever today. I felt underwhelmed by it more than anything. Well acted, but the writing and/or editing felt off. There's a stronger version of the story they chose to tell in the editing room.

Mighty Member

Ouch. Give us a link. Beer $ or whatever.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I've been thinking about how rough Ekie's been having it lately.

You know who would be a good replacement for Coogler my man? The Hughes Brothers. Just rewatched The Book of Eli for the first time in years and I think they'd do great with T'Challa.

See Im bringing positive energy to you and the world. Would love a Hughes Brothers Black Panther film.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    No laughs from me. I hope we get to see it one day.

---

I'm curious as to what this status quo shift is going to be (unless it's just the exile). Other than death, what else is Ridley going to do?

---

Saw Wakanda Forever today. I felt underwhelmed by it more than anything. Well acted, but the writing and/or editing felt off. There's a stronger version of the story they chose to tell in the editing room.
    See I haven't felt the urge to watch it. Like maybe a week after it dropped I thought about watching it, but then it passed. I see it on D+ and I think maybe I'll watch it but then it seems like a huge time sink that i could spend on something else

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    See I haven't felt the urge to watch it. Like maybe a week after it dropped I thought about watching it, but then it passed. I see it on D+ and I think maybe I'll watch it but then it seems like a huge time sink that i could spend on something else

I’m pretty sure I’ll never watch it unless they bring TChalla back. And I’ll only do it then for continuity sake.

I don't even know if I have a Disney Plus account anymore

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

big Joker energy

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    About Batman, under Tom King, Bruce did become something of a simp regarding Catwoman and I think DC has kept that going (with all that "Bat and Cat" talk). Granted, I've never seen him being tripped on like T'Challa has been, by any Bat/DC characters, male, female, or even villains.

I don't think the hatchet jobs some of today's Black writers are doing for certain characters has little to do with larger fears of them doing likewise to more popular characters, specifically white characters, because they are white (is there as much bemoaning Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America run as there has been his Black Panther run?). I would argue most of these Black writers will treat white characters with more respect, or they will be reined in to do so. At best I could see them seeking to insert a proxy Black/person of color character into the book on a "seen and heard", desiring validation kind of thing, but there is not going to be widespread deconstruction. I feel some of these Black writers today are being picked for certain reasons that pertain mostly to Black-led books, and that's it. It doesn't expand out into the other books (well, unless it's a more generalized way, not racially specific or as willfully, dare I say, gleefully deconstructionist).
    While T'Challa does get the absolute worst brunt of it, there is a strong current trend of deconstructing the heroes with particular "privilege".

Like Batman tends to get talked down especially with the infamous toxic hot take of him being just a "rich guy who beats up poor people". The recent Batman runs are kind going overboard with the whole "Batman is outdated" or "Gotham doesn't need Batman" cause he's archaic or whatever.

The recent Iron Man stories are kind of a slog because Tony has been stripped of his wealth and he's being overtly depressing with the public hating him, especially with some IRL people outright hating him or thinking he's kind of an offensive character because they can't separate their hatred of real life billionaires like Musk or Bezos from him.

Though some characters are more exempt from this. Like Carol Danvers is the embodiment of white feminism and even for a military hero her standard character has her as a bit of a violent hardliner compared to Cap who at least as the image of a wholesome good old boy. Yet they would never her deconstruct her like they have any of the boys, cause they are aware of the shit they'll get if they portray a female hero in a significant state of weakness or lambasting even if its not even as bad as some of her male cohorts get.

But even then its astonishing just how much they lay into T'Challa. Sure the Cantwell Iron Man run which had Hellcat perpetually telling Tony to check his privilege, but at least Tony was able to live up to his standards, try to improve himself, and does successfully help people.

T'Challa can't even try to be better. Its like they don't want him to be better, they just want him to suffer and be miserable forever. Hellcat could at least be nice and supportive to Tony even if she's an ass a lot of the time. Meanwhile barring Shuri, absolutely no one is even willing to give T'Challa a chance or help him improve, they just insult him endlessly and don't praise him even if he does something good.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-05-2023 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I’m pretty sure I’ll never watch it unless they bring TChalla back. And I’ll only do it then for continuity sake.
    This is pretty much my stance as well. I haven't even been tempted to watch on Disney plus to be honest.