Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Double-posted again, sorry.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 08-12-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Accidental double-post
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I will be picking up already the Spider-Geddon and Spider-Force so i will have to skip Edge of Spider Geddon.
    If i were not collecting as many comics that i am now i would pick up this comic book as well,because the preview looks interesting but as it is now i will skip this limited series.

Why didn't they show Eric's hammer that Spider-punk was going to 'keep' away from him? Did he get obliterated? Odd cameo sequence.

Kang the Conglomerator is a pretty clever reimagining.

Karl Morgenthau? Weird name for Cap.

An audio cassette tape can transform the Punk Hulk by playing "FRAKA-FRAKA-FRAKA-FRAKA..."? Even weirder. And they only have 1 copy?

Can somebody refresh my memory which Spider-Woman that is recruiting Spiders for Spider-geddon?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Why didn't they show Eric's hammer that Spider-punk was going to 'keep' away from him? Did he get obliterated? Odd cameo sequence.

Kang the Conglomerator is a pretty clever reimagining.

Karl Morgenthau? Weird name for Cap.

An audio cassette tape can transform the Punk Hulk by playing "FRAKA-FRAKA-FRAKA-FRAKA..."? Even weirder. And they only have 1 copy?

Can somebody refresh my memory which Spider-Woman that is recruiting Spiders for Spider-geddon?
    The whole book was a mess. I doubt even the writer knows.

https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Morgenthau Is interesting to reimagine as a patriotic hero. In most universes he's an anarchist who claims to believe national identities are a social evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are real? Holy s***, it's a good thing Asgardian artifacts that confer superhuman strength and combat prowess coupled with literal berserker rage don't exist in real life, then.
    Yeah, the majority of neopagan followers of Asatru aren't that way, but there a fair number of neo-Nazi white supremacist types who have co-opted the religion and its symbols, such as the Odal or Othala rune on Thunderstrike's forehead - https://www.adl.org/education/refere...ls/othala-rune.

I'm guessing that the Odin of Hobie's universe has a somewhat different attitude towards this variety of worship and likewise the definition of 'worthiness' is somewhat different in this reality. Heck, it might even be based in part on race/bloodline, which, just ick... can you imagine a figure of Odin's power level as a white supremacist? You would only hope that the extent of his intervention in earthly affairs was limited to empowering this version of Thunderstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Morgenthau Is interesting to reimagine as a patriotic hero. In most universes he's an anarchist who claims to believe national identities are a social evil.
    I totally missed that this version of Cap was that world's Flag-Smasher. That's actually kind of awesome.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I totally missed that this version of Cap was that world's Flag-Smasher. That's actually kind of awesome.
    Technically, he's not a "patriotic hero," per se, but rather an anarchist equivalent or counterpart. Fitting, given the anti-authoritarian ethos of punk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wasn't a fan of the Spider-Verse storyline and this doesn't look much better frankly.