Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Daredevil Rights return to Disney in 6 months

And the other Netflix heros return in 2021.

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-mar...-netflix-when/
    Last edited by choptop; 06-04-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    And the other Netflix heros return in 2021.

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-mar...-netflix-when/
    Is this about DD being part of the next Spider-Holland? It won't be Charlie Cox

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is this about DD being part of the next Spider-Holland? It won't be Charlie Cox
    No it definitely won't be Cox I think Netflix owns that particular version of Daredevil meaning The show is going to stay on Netflix and not mov to Disney plus or Hulu they just can't make new episodes and nether can Disney unless they buy it from Netflix and they won't if he does play Daredevil again it will be a whole new version not having anything to do with the Netflix show.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-04-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No it definitely won't be Cox I think Netflix owns that particular version of Daredevil meaning The show is going to stay on Netflix and not mov to Disney plus or Hulu they just can't make new episodes and nether can Disney unless they buy it from Netflix and they won't if he does play Daredevil again it will be a whole new version not having anything to do with the Netflix show.
    Netflix owns the episodes on Netflix, Disney could rehire all the actors in the same roles and continue with new content if they want. The problem resides in if they want to do this. Another option is to rehire all the actors and start an entirely new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Netflix owns the episodes on Netflix, Disney could rehire all the actors in the same roles and continue with new content if they want. The problem resides in if they want to do this. Another option is to rehire all the actors and start an entirely new continuity.
    I'm not sure about that I remember reading something about them not being able to use that veson of Daredevil that's why the show woldent continue on Hulu or Disney plus there's nothing saying cox can't play DD again but it would have to be a new continuity because all the old plot points are own by Netflix that's probably why Cox or any of the other Netflix heros didn't even get so much as a cameo in the movies.

License Global only says the moratorium ends. Disney can make any type of Daredevil they want, TV, streaming, or movie. Netflix/Disney did not include a rider for locking the content away. Disney just can't use footage without a fee.

So in theory, they could do a S4 on Hulu or have him show up in the MCU as Cox.

I just want more Charlie Cox as Matt.

The only hint we have seen so far is that Charlie Cox is convinced they'll just recast but Fiege noted the strong casts in all the shows, hence the Blade casting. Charlie is open to playing it again and loves how passionate the fans are.

Maybe he'll show up in another role? I think Jessica is the only other one I would want to come back as-in. Maybe Luke, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-04-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It is unfortunate that the mostly high quality Netflix characters will be removed from the continuity of the MCU in favor of versions that fit the MCU style.
    Power with Girl is better.

Daredevil is my favorite Marvel hero and Charlie Cox perfectly captured my favorite character. I really have no interest in seeing anyone else portray him.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    License Global only says the moratorium ends. Disney can make any type of Daredevil they want, TV, streaming, or movie. Netflix/Disney did not include a rider for locking the content away. Disney just can't use footage without a fee.

So in theory, they could do a S4 on Hulu or have him show up in the MCU as Cox.

The only hint we have seen so far is that Charlie Cox is convinced they'll just recast but Fiege noted the strong casts in all the shows, hence the Blade casting. Charlie is open to playing it again and loves how passionate the fans are.

Maybe he'll show up in another role? I think Jessica is the only other one I would want to come back as-in. Maybe Luke, too.
    I hope we get him back as Matt.

As far as I know the JJ actress said she’s not interested in coming back. I would want her to though. IMO JJ is the most relatable female character in the MCU.

Astonishing Member

If the cast was looking to come back that would be awesome. However, I wouldn't be able to blame them if prior work commitments stood in the way of that. They still have to support themselves.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It is unfortunate that the mostly high quality Netflix characters will be removed from the continuity of the MCU in favor of versions that fit the MCU style.
    It is not really clear at the moment. It is possible that they just make new content with the actors as BeastieRunner said.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A lot of people do - but it isn't happening. I just want Disney to announce a new actor so we can rip the bandaid off and not have fans discussing it as much.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Charlie Cox embodied Matt Murdock so well, itll be really hard for me to like anyone else as much. Karen and Foggy, too- which were both 2 of the best supporting cast characters any superhero has.

The only weak point in the entire series was shuffling Elektra/The Hand off to THE DEFENDERS, which just wasnt as interesting a show as DAREDEVIL was.

Here's hoping it either continues or we get another mature take on DAREDEVIL.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-07-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Maybe the new Daredevil will get teased with Moon Knight?