Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

i'm too washed up to check what topics i'm postin' in
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 02-17-2019 at 12:37 PM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

A variant cover for Marvel Comics Presents #2 by Michael Cho and the process to get there. I love the retro look of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btfxtt8BGAe/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks, Reviresco. I'm curious to see what this space race story with Reed and Victor is about. I suppose they'll have Victor working for those evil Commies

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks, Reviresco. I'm curious to see what this space race story with Reed and Victor is about. I suppose they'll have Victor working for those evil Commies
    I am too. Though, I can't see Doom working with the Communists, given where his country is located, and his .... less than pro proletariat tendencies. ;p I'm hoping Sputnik just serves as the impetus for Reed and Doom's own space race.

I like that blue green cover, in the middle, rather than the red one he went with. But it is interesting to me, to see how artists make their choices.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I am too. Though, I can't see Doom working with the Communists, given where his country is located, and his .... less than pro proletariat tendencies. ;p I'm hoping Sputnik just serves as the impetus for Reed and Doom's own space race.

I like that blue green cover, in the middle, rather than the red one he went with. But it is interesting to me, to see how artists make their choices.
    Next week the issue will be out and maybe will see a preview by the weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed it's worth reading.

I see where the Marvel May solicitations are out and there is only a Doom reprint story but it is a good one in Iron Man #150.

So how is this Invaders thing looking for Namor? Is it worth getting?

Mighty Member

Russia is not communist at all, it's an authoritarian democracy And I can totally see Doom working with someone like Putin.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Russia is not communist at all, it's an authoritarian democracy And I can totally see Doom working with someone like Putin.
    At the time of Sputnik, Russia was under the Communist party and they claimed to be communist. And they were under Khrushchev, not Putin. I don't really see Doom working with either, especially given the fate of other nearby countries that were absorbed into the Eastern Bloc.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-21-2019 at 09:44 PM.

At the time of Sputnik, Russian was under the Communist party and they claimed to be communist. And they were under Khrushchev, not Putin. I don't really see Doom working with either, especially given the fate of other nearby countries that were absorbed into the Eastern Bloc.
    I can't see Doom working for Putin either, or anyone for that matter. And it's believed that up until the 1990's, the KGB was also involved in getting rid of undesirables like Jews and the Roma.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-21-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four#7 preview have a cool flashback scene from Doctor Doom past and features Boris.
    I am stocked for the curent ongoing story arc in Fantastic Four it shows a great characterisation work.It just seems normal to me to read a story that have Doctor Doom trying to get the Galactus powers.
    Really brings me back to other iconic stories that had Doctor Doom trying to have the Silver Surfer or the Beyonder powers.I wonder if cosmic characters to not show up more in the stories in Earth because of the way Doctor Doom just tries to take for himself the powers of cosmic characters.

One does wonder if Doom does have a reputation throughout the cosmos. Thanos, Galactus, the Beyonders, the Silver Surfer for sure are well acquainted with him.

and here's a link to the preview for Fantastic Four #7 at AIPT. artist Aaron Kuder is really doing excellent work in his debut issues on the FF. And it is good to see Boris mentioned again!

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what are our favorite MF DOOM tracks
    Rapp Snitch Knishes and Hoe Cakes

In no order--

-Doomsday
    -Go With The Flow
    -The Hands of Doom
    -Gas Drawls
    -?
    -I Hear Voices
    -Fazers
    -Fastlane
    -One Beer
    -Kon Queso
    -The Mask
    -Still Dope
    -Angelz
    -OM
    -Caskets
    -Drop The Bomb

I Iike Doom.

Anyway, BORIS deserves an Infinity Gauntlet or something. Wonder what that guy's pension looks like.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

Is anyone else not sure on Victor's end game?

It could be pretty much anything;
    -Defeat Galactus (but then why draw him to Earth if he isn't going to normally bother with it?)
    -Take the power for himself (but then why would Victor forget about what happened to Doomlactus?)
    -Turn him back into the Lifebringer (but Galan is showing up in Doctor Strange still purple)

I just don't get it nor did the last issue bother to explain anything.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I haven't come up with anything either.

As I've mentioned before, the advance solicitation for the last issue of the arc concerns me quite a bit. Especially since it mentions an "act of cruelty" that changes things forever between Doom and the FF. It will really tick me off if it involves the death of Zora/Victorious. I suppose the most obvious guess might be that she becomes the new herald for Galactus but right now she is just the lure for some kind of trap. I've not kept up with all the stuff going on with Galactus since he became the Lifebringer, an idea I really didn't warm up to. Has Galactus become a threat again?

Oh and "Big Bang Cannons" ? No small plans for Doom.

When Doom is asked by Reed to explain his plan, and Doom replies "... the science is complex. Try to keep up" did anyone else recognize that it was similar to a line used by Julian McMahon in "Rise of the Silver Surfer" Probably the only good line he had.

Developments I do like....Johnny being interested in Zora. But I fear that won't end well. I just hope this story isn't just the first step backwards in Doom's character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I haven't come up with anything either.

As I've mentioned before, the advance solicitation for the last issue of the arc concerns me quite a bit. Especially since it mentions an "act of cruelty" that changes things forever between Doom and the FF. It will really tick me off if it involves the death of Zora/Victorious. I suppose the most obvious guess might be that she becomes the new herald for Galactus but right now she is just the lure for some kind of trap. I've not kept up with all the stuff going on with Galactus since he became the Lifebringer, an idea I really didn't warm up to. Has Galactus become a threat again?

Oh and "Big Bang Cannons" ? No small plans for Doom.

When Doom is asked by Reed to explain his plan, and Doom replies "... the science is complex. Try to keep up" did anyone else recognize that it was similar to a line used by Julian McMahon in "Rise of the Silver Surfer" Probably the only good line he had.

Developments I do like....Johnny being interested in Zora. But I fear that won't end well. I just hope this story isn't just the first step backwards in Doom's character development.
    Yes! I am glad I was not the only one to pick up on that line that Doom said being very similar to Julian's version of Doom in F4: ROTSS...

Big Bang Cannons are just too freaking awesome for words...Doom always go for the big finish...I am personally loving what Slott has done with Doom so far...maybe I am just easier to please lol