Page 130 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 30801201261271281291301311321331341401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Uhhhh no.... When someone else fronts 250 MILLION dollars and it fails to capture the audience... then yeah, WB is perfectly right to say NO.. we will not give you ANOTHER 250 MILLION dollars. Those 'artists' who put up their money and make their own movies have the freedom to do what they want. This was never that. Big money studio pictures using licensed characters... Even if they LET you do what you want... there is no guarantee of getting the NEXT picture too.

Who are you to say they failed to capture the audience? And I never said WB was in the wrong, my opinions on it are irrelevant, I was just saying that I was bummed it happened because I like Snyder. You can believe what you want but I think a filmmaker should be able to create what they feel is their best, and in my opinion the prospect of WB giving a single filmmaker the freedom to map out an entire universe with their property is really cool, I love that they were ground up with it and put effort into world building even though much of it didn't make it onto the screen. That concept is just inspiring to me. Like I said it's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Mary Marvel!

Attachment 78073
    Sweet! Can't wait to see the Shazamily in action! Love that they all have distinct colors, well except Mary. Lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Another pic

Attachment 78074
    Why do they have Black Panther tags ?

2019: Shazam; The Joker
    2020: Birds of Prey; Wonder Woman 1984
    2021: The Batman; The Suicide Squad; Black Adam
    2022: New Gods; The Flash; Aquaman 2
    2023: Gotham City Sirens; Shazam vs Black Adam; Wonder Woman 3
    2024: The Batman 2; Suicide Squad 3; Blue Beetle

That's my prediction for the upcoming DCEU slate. Based on which projects are the furthest ahead, what scoopers on Twitter have said...etc. WB has a huge slate on their hands, and this isn't even including GLC, Batgirl, Nightwing, Blackhawks or Plastic Man. Could potentially see WB release 4 DC FILMS a year... Hmm
    Last edited by El_Gato; 02-03-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of Alfred, will they bring back Jeremy Irons? Ditto for JK Simmons's Gordon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, those two could conceivably carry over pretty well into a new Batman, but I can see them wanting to start completely fresh casting-wise.

(And if this means the end of Jared Leto as the Joker, I am all for it).
    Worked for Batman when Tim Burton was fired. They kept Michael Gough as Alfred and Pat Hingle as Gordon, even though they had two other actors as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    2019: Shazam; The Joker
    2020: Birds of Prey; Wonder Woman 1984
    2021: The Batman; The Suicide Squad; Black Adam
    2022: New Gods; The Flash; Aquaman 2
    2023: Gotham City Sirens; Shazam vs Black Adam; Wonder Woman 3
    2024: The Batman 2; Suicide Squad 3; Blue Beetle

That's my prediction for the upcoming DCEU slate. Based on which projects are the furthest ahead, what scoopers on Twitter have said...etc. WB has a huge slate on their hands, and this isn't even including GLC, Batgirl, Nightwing, Blackhawks or Plastic Man. Could potentially see WB release 4 DC FILMS a year... Hmm
    What about Supergirl? I think that Supergirl may be further along than GLC, Nightwing, Blackhawks or Plastic Man. Seems to have gotten more buzz anyway. I even think Supergirl is more likely to happen than Black Adam or New Gods or Blue Beetle. So I would put Supergirl in for 2021 or 2022. 2024 at the lastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Worked for Batman when Tim Burton was fired. They kept Michael Gough as Alfred and Pat Hingle as Gordon, even though they had two other actors as Batman.

What about Supergirl? I think that Supergirl may be further along than GLC, Nightwing, Blackhawks or Plastic Man. Seems to have gotten more buzz anyway. I even think Supergirl is more likely to happen than Black Adam or New Gods or Blue Beetle. So I would put Supergirl in for 2021 or 2022. 2024 at the lastest.
    Supergirl doesn't have a producer attached and from what i can tell is in the pitching stage. Black Adam, New Gods and Blue Beetle are all in further development. New Gods has a director and the 1st draft of the script was just turned in. Black Adam has a finished script and is expected to start production late this year when The Rock's schedule frees up. Blue Beetle has a script writer and a producer attached, plus WB liked the pitch and it has the added bonus of being the first Latino led superhero film. Like I said, WB has a full slate ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Who are you to say they failed to capture the audience? And I never said WB was in the wrong, my opinions on it are irrelevant, I was just saying that I was bummed it happened because I like Snyder. You can believe what you want but I think a filmmaker should be able to create what they feel is their best, and in my opinion the prospect of WB giving a single filmmaker the freedom to map out an entire universe with their property is really cool, I love that they were ground up with it and put effort into world building even though much of it didn't make it onto the screen. That concept is just inspiring to me. Like I said it's just my opinion
    I was responding to this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    A director is an artist and an artist should be able to create what they want. He didn't need to reassess his vision because he personally liked it and that's what matters.
    And it's not true.

It's not about an artist and his vision... it's about a business and money. As long as he's using other people's money and properties... it's a business and he's bound to the whim of others. Whether I believe he failed to capture the audience or not is irrelevant... it's WB's call. Lots of people want to put 'artists' on a pedestal... but he'll never have that kind of freedom till he funds his own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Something wrong?

Well she looks like a pop star so they have her civilian look down

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Doesn't really scream Black Canary to me but I'll wait since this doesn't seem to be her final costume anyway.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Something wrong?
    Yeah, most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Something wrong?
    Well I'm sure some people may like what they see in those pics. Guess I'm not one of them.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-07-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Please let that nose ring only be in that scene that's one of those things distracting to me in fight scenes where I'm like "Just Yank it Out".