Page 575 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 754755255655715725735745755765775785795856256751075 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Also is it worth waiting for the Hickman Avengers Omnibus? Or buying the OHCs?

What has the build quality of recent Omnibuses been like? Are the OHCs any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Yeah I noticed that there was a whole bunch of cosmic omnibuses now which is great! I found Annihilation is OOP, otherwise I would have been tempted to get the lot. I already have OHCs for that cosmic saga from Annihilation, Conquest, WoK, RoK and Thanos Imperative. Seeing I can get GotG in Oversized now is great. I am missing out on the Nova issues, but buying 3 Omnibuses to cover that seems a bit overkill. I will price them up but I have already ordered GotG Omnibus at a decent price.
    I thought you quit comics, NZ, at least in physical form. I seem to remember you saying you were selling your collection. Did you change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It finally got up and I guess they did away with the 50 percent off deals. Realm of Kings is 40 percent, which means it's $75 and X-Men Legacy Legion is 45 percent off at $41.25. I'm going to hold off and see what IST discounts are.
    It was at 68 earlier seems like they relisted it fairly quickly with the 75 price tag, but hope this is not the new trend. Hopefully IST remains the same and I will gladly use them.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

It finally got up and I guess they did away with the 50 percent off deals. Realm of Kings is 40 percent, which means it's $75 and X-Men Legacy Legion is 45 percent off at $41.25. I'm going to hold off and see what IST discounts are.
    I need to get this one
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

is this new?

51OBd7d-7DL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Captain America by Mark Waid & Ron Garney Omnibus Hardcover – Dec 19 2017

COLLECTING: CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 444-454; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1998) 1-23; IRON MAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL '98; CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY 1-12, ROUGH CUT; MATERIAL FROM CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE LEGEND; CAPTAIN AMERICA: RED, WHITE & BLUE

Spectacular Member

I thought there was a Daredevil Omni out today? Is it popping up on IST for anyone else? I'm not finding it...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    I thought there was a Daredevil Omni out today? Is it popping up on IST for anyone else? I'm not finding it...
    IST typically posts their weekly new releases at about 3:00 PM EDT (7:00 PM GMT) each Tuesday. Should be there in a few hours.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    IST updates at 2:30 EST.
    Cyclops was right

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    "Good news for fans of the Artist Select series!
    Wondercon reveals the following new volumes:
    * Sienkiewicz Moon Knight
    * Byrne Fantastic Four
    * Allred's Madman (will include some volumes with sketches)
    * Liefeld's Deadpool
    * Layton's Iron Man"

Attachment 47489

twitter link

Must find out the contens of the Moon Knight edition!!!
    No Sienkiewicz New Mutants reprint? -.-

Is Daredevil Brubaker Vol 2 also getting a reprint?

Amazon seems to think so. But then, they also seem to think it collects the same issues as Vol 1.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Is Daredevil Brubaker Vol 2 also getting a reprint?

Amazon seems to think so. But then, they also seem to think it collects the same issues as Vol 1.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Yeah it is coming out at the start of next month.

I still wish the Brubakar Daredevil stuff was just one omnibus. Vol 2 is less than 500 pages
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I thought you quit comics, NZ, at least in physical form. I seem to remember you saying you were selling your collection. Did you change your mind?
    It's a long story haha

I did get all my comics digitally, or what I could get, and started selling my books off. I ended up selling quite a few but only about a third of my books. Then last November there was a decent quake here in NZ and one of my bookcases broke apart resulting in quite a few books getting damaged. I had insurance so have been dealing with an adjustor to sort out value, and they ended up paying out in March covering about 90% of Market Value on the damaged books which was pretty fair.

I then went through my books again, I'd left them on the floor as I didn't want to open them or cause further damage till I had them replaced or been paid out. I sort of fell in love with my comics again at that point. It had hurt seeing the smashed bookshelf and I had written them off in my mind. I've now decided I will keep a collection, just it will be smaller. So I'm buying books again, to replace a few badly damaged ones and some new releases that have come out to upgrade tpbs I already had like GotG, Gotham Central, Journey into Mystery etc. Also rebuying some books I regretted selling like Hickmans Avengers.

I'm still selling off some books now, just really focusing the collection. It will probably end up all fitting in one bookshelf but we shall see.

And on that topic I have a couple of Brubaker Omnis: Captain America v1 amd Death of Captain America here. If anyone is looking for a copy let me know before I throw them up on ebay. They weren't damaged, just someone offered me a really good trade for Cap Lives so I'm getting rid of the rest.

So I dived into my newly acquired Guardians of the Galaxy by Valentino (blind buy) and ..... it is ****. Seriously. A complete turd product of the 90s. I was hoping for a hidden gem (New Warriors for example) and I got just a steaming heap of 90s nonsense. The art blows, the writing is dumb, the dialogue, plot, all of it. What a waste. I gave it 300 pages. I'm out.

Going back to reading the Joe Hill graphic novel collection. Talk about talent.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

So I dived into my newly acquired Guardians of the Galaxy by Valentino (blind buy) and ..... it is ****. Seriously. A complete turd product of the 90s. I was hoping for a hidden gem (New Warriors for example) and I got just a steaming heap of 90s nonsense. The art blows, the writing is dumb, the dialogue, plot, all of it. What a waste. I gave it 300 pages. I'm out.

Going back to reading the Joe Hill graphic novel collection. Talk about talent.
    That is very disappointing, because I also picked up that GotG Omnibus on a blind buy, and I figured that it had to be at least somewhat noteworthy if they were going to give it Omnibus treatment?

I've mostly enjoyed the other two GotG Omnibuses, which also were mostly blind buys, and also the main reason I assumed this book would be enjoyable. Of course I'll give it a shot, but "90's style comicbooks" are one of my least favorite things ever.