View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 975 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 47587592596597197297397497597697797897998510251075 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 16971

You forgot mentioning that Gwenpool was confirmed as being bi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    You forgot mentioning that Gwenpool was confirmed as being bi.
    In what title and issue confirms this -- I'd like to read it, thanks.

Gwenpool Strikes back #2.

BANNED

Just read said issue and it confirmed nothing of the sort... Maybe I missed it?

BANNED

LOL! Thanks, but that's hardly confirmation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    LOL! Thanks, but that's hardly confirmation.
    Not blatant, but still implied with the number of kisses she planted on Sue's cardboard cut out--and in the fact that when Deadpool suggests it, she doesn't deny it; she says the editors wouldn't allow her to disrupt the marriage. Given that writer Leah Williams also implied it in Twitter comments about the story when it was solicited, I think the intent here IS that Gwen is bi.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'm glad they changed their minds on that. Hopefully this will keep that mayor from trying anything similarly stupid again...but he doesn't sound like the type to learn his lesson that easily.
    Kinda late to reply to this, but I only saw it now. No one changed their minds, unfortunately. The judge who sided with the mayor was a different person from the judge who went against him. Since the latter was a bigger authority from the Supreme Court, he ended up getting the last word on the matter. And yeah, people like the mayor and the first judge who ruled in his favor are hardly the kind of people to change their minds on this subject. All we can hope for is that people vote wisely to avoid people like them to rise to positions of power again.

Not blatant, but still implied with the number of kisses she planted on Sue's cardboard cut out--and in the fact that when Deadpool suggests it, she doesn't deny it; she says the editors wouldn't allow her to disrupt the marriage. Given that writer Leah Williams also implied it in Twitter comments about the story when it was solicited, I think the intent here IS that Gwen is bi.
    Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that was the intent too. I just wish it was done in a different context. Having that ''confirmation'' through a Deadpool suggestion while they were planning to deliberately seduce people for personal gain and not genuine attraction is... sketchy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Kinda late to reply to this, but I only saw it now. No one changed their minds, unfortunately. The judge who sided with the mayor was a different person from the judge who went against him. Since the latter was a bigger authority from the Supreme Court, he ended up getting the last word on the matter. And yeah, people like the mayor and the first judge who ruled in his favor are hardly the kind of people to change their minds on this subject. All we can hope for is that people vote wisely to avoid people like them to rise to positions of power again.
    Thanks for the clarification. And yeah, hopefully this highly-publicized incident will draw voters attention to what kind of person this mayor is and it will come back to haunt him in the next election.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that was the intent too. I just wish it was done in a different context. Having that ''confirmation'' through a Deadpool suggestion while they were planning to deliberately seduce people for personal gain and not genuine attraction is... sketchy.
    She uses Deadpool as her inspiration. "Sketchy" comes with the territory.

Thanks for the clarification. And yeah, hopefully this highly-publicized incident will draw voters attention to what kind of person this mayor is and it will come back to haunt him in the next election.
    I mean, they should have known. Crivella ran a campaign of being extremely religious, and his views on homosexuality and the lgbtq community were known, and he was elected anyway. I'm from another state, so frankly I don't know all the details of his campaign and the political climate at the time, but yeah, people knew who he was when he was elected.

BANNED

Did the souls of Thomas Shepherd and William Kaplan destroy Mephisto?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Did the souls of Thomas Shepherd and William Kaplan destroy Mephisto?
    Not sure what you mean by that question, but we've never had any story about Tommy Shepherd's and Billy Kaplan's souls and how they connect to Mephisto. Now, if you mean Thomas and William Maximoff, the original twins, then what we do know is that they were created from the shards of Mephisto's souls back when he was already destroyed, so their souls didn't harm him, but actually helped him get back to normal once they were retrieved.

Ultimate Member

Not sure what you mean by that question, but we've never had any story about Tommy Shepherd's and Billy Kaplan's souls and how they connect to Mephisto. Now, if you mean Thomas and William Maximoff, the original twins, then what we do know is that they were created from the shards of Mephisto's souls back when he was already destroyed, so their souls didn't harm him, but actually helped him get back to normal once they were retrieved.
    Assuming that Mephisto wasn't lying

Frankly, this is something that annoys the hell out of me, with regards to Young Avengers. Writers seem utterly unwilling to give them any meaningful development, leaving unaddressed obvious questions (like how can Speed and Wiccan be Wanda's kids?) for how long now?

BANNED

Now, I'm really confused... How can Tommy Shepherd and Billy Kaplan be Thomas and William Maximoff reincarnated if the were actually bits of Mephisto?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Frankly, this is something that annoys the hell out of me, with regards to Young Avengers. Writers seem utterly unwilling to give them any meaningful development, leaving unaddressed obvious questions (like how can Speed and Wiccan be Wanda's kids?) for how long now?
    It hasn't been entirely unaddressed, as I recall. I'm pretty sure Wiccan has made an on-panel reference to the theories about how that happened. But no definitive answers have been figured out as of yet.

The reason for that is likely that since it is such a convoluted mess of real souls, fake souls, reality warping to allow reincarnation before the kids were born in the first place, etc, that many of the writers would probably prefer to avoid pulling on those threads until/unless they have a storyline to make it worthwhile and a real solid answer. For the moment "its magic" is the basic answer.

Now, I'm really confused... How can Tommy Shepherd and Billy Kaplan be Thomas and William Maximoff reincarnated if the were actually bits of Mephisto?
    See above, re: "its magic".

Wanda's twins were created using the missing bits of Mephisto's soul. That was an element to their creation--but it wasn't all that they were. So Wiccan and Speed are the reincarnation of the children that Wanda's magic created using Mephisto bits as an ingredient.