Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I miss GA being on the League though.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I prefer Hawkeye over Green Arrow, but he was lucky enough to get his own popular TV show!
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Seems like I stumbled upon Green Arrow’s counterpart from 1951 at Ace Comics:

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Seems like I stumbled upon Green Arrow’s counterpart from 1951 at Ace Comics:

His sidekick looks like he could be a young Ollie .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Green Arrow DC New Timeline

Generation 2 The Space Age 15-Year Time Window
    Year 5 Doom Patrol - Green Arrow joins JLA
    Year 8 Supergirl Arrives - Ollie & Dinah fight? Batman
    Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths

Generation 3 The Age of Crisis 15-Year Time Window
    Year 6 Zero Hour - Ollie dies, Connor debuts as Green Arrow
    Year 8 Ollie returns as Green Arrow - Dinah & Ollie Back Together Again
    Year 9 Identity Crisis - Dinah & Ollie break up again
    Year 15 Flashpoint - Ollie & Dinah separate

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5-year time window
    Year 3 Rebirth - Ollie & Dinah back together

...Hey is this timeline just their relationship record?

Tell me about it. I hope we're not back to old-Ollie compared to Dinah (and I prefer Dinah as the original, not daughter of Black Canary, dang it). There's an absolute dearth of Roy (only mentioned when original Teen Titans formed, as far as I know), and sadly no Lian. Connor is mentioned, and that's cool, though. I think someone said there's also a listing for Dinah joining the Birds, though that's nothing to do with Ollie. Still no Mia or Sin, either. Sin's no surprise. Was Emiko listed on the gen 4 or not?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Tell me about it. I hope we're not back to old-Ollie compared to Dinah (and I prefer Dinah as the original, not daughter of Black Canary, dang it). There's an absolute dearth of Roy (only mentioned when original Teen Titans formed, as far as I know), and sadly no Lian. Connor is mentioned, and that's cool, though. I think someone said there's also a listing for Dinah joining the Birds, though that's nothing to do with Ollie. Still no Mia or Sin, either. Sin's no surprise. Was Emiko listed on the gen 4 or not?
    No, but Roy is, as part of Titans Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, but Roy is, as part of Titans Rebirth.
    At least he exists - they don't seem to want to tell us anything else about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Green Arrow DC New Timeline

Generation 2 The Space Age 15-Year Time Window
    Year 5 Doom Patrol - Green Arrow joins JLA
    Year 8 Supergirl Arrives - Ollie & Dinah fight? Batman
    Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths

Generation 3 The Age of Crisis 15-Year Time Window
    Year 6 Zero Hour - Ollie dies, Connor debuts as Green Arrow
    Year 8 Ollie returns as Green Arrow - Dinah & Ollie Back Together Again
    Year 9 Identity Crisis - Dinah & Ollie break up again
    Year 15 Flashpoint - Ollie & Dinah separate

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5-year time window
    Year 3 Rebirth - Ollie & Dinah back together

Man, they really are the "will they or won't they" of the DCU .

Just thought of this because of another thread - have we seen Ollie comment on drugs much in recent years? Ollie has been generally liberal since the late '60s, but for a long while he was very anti-drug. I guess with Roy that makes sense. He and Roy both hated drug dealers. I seem to remember a line of Ollie saying "he hates ____ the way I hate pushers" - a visceral thing. Perceptions have changed over time. Especially in a distinction between how different drugs are viewed (which you actually can see in some shows even from the '60s and '70s). I do get that vigilantes, despite tending towards the "tough on crime" approach are generally not interested in taking down drug users (or prostitutes). But liberal views on drugs have, in recent years, been more and more in favor of legalization of certain ones - most notably cannabis, but others, too. Have we ever heard Ollie express any opinions on this?

The perception of drug use (if not drug dealers) has changed over time. Yes, Roy was treated sympathetically, but as a victim. Likewise recent opioid addicts. Not sure that extends to other types of drug users, and there's an argument to be made on how who's using changes how it's regarded (definitely something Ollie could talk about). But I guess I'm speaking more to the attitude of "acceptable recreational use" spreading in regards to some drugs. Wondering if we know how Ollie would regards that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Just thought of this because of another thread - have we seen Ollie comment on drugs much in recent years? Ollie has been generally liberal since the late '60s, but for a long while he was very anti-drug. I guess with Roy that makes sense. He and Roy both hated drug dealers. I seem to remember a line of Ollie saying "he hates ____ the way I hate pushers" - a visceral thing. Perceptions have changed over time. Especially in a distinction between how different drugs are viewed (which you actually can see in some shows even from the '60s and '70s). I do get that vigilantes, despite tending towards the "tough on crime" approach are generally not interested in taking down drug users (or prostitutes). But liberal views on drugs have, in recent years, been more and more in favor of legalization of certain ones - most notably cannabis, but others, too. Have we ever heard Ollie express any opinions on this?

The perception of drug use (if not drug dealers) has changed over time. Yes, Roy was treated sympathetically, but as a victim. Likewise recent opioid addicts. Not sure that extends to other types of drug users, and there's an argument to be made on how who's using changes how it's regarded (definitely something Ollie could talk about). But I guess I'm speaking more to the attitude of "acceptable recreational use" spreading in regards to some drugs. Wondering if we know how Ollie would regards that.
    I can't think of it coming up in the Percy run at all...I dunno, maybe he fought drug dealers once or someone was doped up or something, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Edgy Green Arrow .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I wonder how he shoots the darts on his wrists.