Page 431 of 434 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434 LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I always found her to be quite bland. Like a worse Emma and a worse Mastermind. Plus her outfit is low class, as one who's not Chris Bachalo would say.
    It’s not so bad, considering her dad can take on any appearance he wants, and yet chooses to look like a hunchbacked sex offender in a grubby mack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It’s not so bad, considering her dad can take on any appearance he wants, and yet chooses to look like a hunchbacked sex offender in a grubby mack.
    Isn't that just what the reader sees, since he is constantly using his powers, or am I mistaken?

Screw Lady Mastermind. Id rather see Martinique who is severely underrated and underutilized

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Edit: Did Tabby burn F U into the ground?
    It's "NM" for New Mutants.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I was just checking out the current reprint situation and I was quite shocked:

HOUSE OF X #1 5TH printing BROOKS VAR 11/13/19
    HOUSE OF X #2 4TH printing LARRAZ VAR 10/23/19
    HOUSE OF X #3 3RD printing SHALVEY VAR 10/23/19
    HOUSE OF X #4 3RD printing SHALVEY VAR 11/13/19
    HOUSE OF X #5 2ND printing LARRAZ VAR 10/23/19
    HOUSE OF X #6 2ND printing LARRAZ VAR 11/13/19

POWERS OF X #1 5TH printing BROOKS VAR 11/13/19
    POWERS OF X #2 4TH printing SILVA VAR 10/23/19
    POWERS OF X #3 3RD printing SHALVEY VAR 10/23/19
    POWERS OF X #4 3RD printing SHALVEY VAR 10/23/19
    POWERS OF X #5 2ND printing SILVA VAR 10/23/19
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Krakoa is hitting different than Westchester

Astonishing Member

I’m sure this has come up before; but we are sure that L6 Logan genuinely got the drop on Librarian before he stabbed Moira 6 with the same claws he’d just coated in Librarian’s no-doubt nanite-filled blood. Right?

Default Nature vs Nurture - Homo-Superior vs Homo-Novissma

Hickman's overarching theme for his run on the X-Men seems to be Nature vs Nurture...LITERALLY. His emphasis on Organic vs Technology is a clear analogy of that as well from the looks of it.

You have Mutants, apparently being created by nature itself as the next step in our NATURAL Evolution. So Humans created technology in order to fight the Natural order. Humans decided to get hands on with their own development by Nurturing Technology forward to deal with what they see as an immediate threat to their species. These Humans have seen Natures Mutants and they DO NOT AGREE, basically.

The Librarian is the real HUGE SHOCK of Power of X when you think of it like that. The money and power behind the Sentinels? That has been a smokescreen. These Humans REAL GOAL is to TAKE CONTROL of Humans next step in Evolution, to bypass Humans Evolution into Mutants entirely and replace it with THEIR vision of Human's next step, not Nature. They want to Nurture their own vision of Human Evolution against the apparent Natural Order.

Hickman is also saying THAT has been the numerous Sentinel backers goal ALL ALONG. The invention of the 1st Sentinel? That was when they took their 1st actions to DELAY the proliferation of Mutants. All while working on their vision for the Evolution of Human Kind (E-Men from Morrisons run are almost def an inspiration). The Librarian is that Post-Human, and we know they appear to have showed up STARTING in Timeline 6 (which is where we met them in Power of X #6). It also looks like they WOULD have risen in TL #9 and I have pretty easy proof of that.
    In Power of X #1, remember when they showed Year 100 and then Year 1000? They jumped from Timeline #9 BACK to Timeline #6. Cylobel had been thrown into that tube in (Year 100/TL#9), when it jumps to 1000 years in the future and shows her STILL in that tube? THAT is Timeline #6.

This also means WE might know something Moira DOESN'T. We know that the Post-Humans won TWICE at least. Meanwhile, we have no idea what happened in Timelines 1 or 2 really, and it makes Timeline #1 that much more intriguing. I swear i feel like i have been obsessed with that Timeline and single page ever since i read it, it is always stuck in my head since it is pretty obvious that there was no War and nothing is mentioned about Mutants or Sentinels. As for Timeline #2, it matters so much less because we already know how much of that life lines up with the rest. Which again brings it back to TL1 and Moira specifically and why that Timeline must be more important or RADICALLY different in someway. Technology and Mutants are never hinted at outside HER fever. We know that she meets Xavier when she is 17 in TL1, but nothing after that about him or much else, just a boring human life....so wtf was different??? Or did all of her previous lives end with the rise of Post-Humans? The rise of Homo-Novissima over Homo-Superior?

I did not read any of the immediate pages to wherever this post is, would have taken too long and I would have lost the groove I found in my explanation about Mutant Resurrection that I posted in another thread.
    Last edited by gambit2051; 10-26-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: bolding

About the nature theme.

The Celestial origin for Mutants is still canon?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Hickman's overarching theme for his run on the X-Men seems to be Nature vs Nurture...LITERALLY. His emphasis on Organic vs Technology is a clear analogy of that as well from the looks of it.

You have Mutants, apparently being created by nature itself as the next step in our NATURAL Evolution. So Humans created technology in order to fight the Natural order. Humans decided to get hands on with their own development by Nurturing Technology forward to deal with what they see as an immediate threat to their species. These Humans have seen Natures Mutants and they DO NOT AGREE, basically.

The Librarian is the real HUGE SHOCK of Power of X when you think of it like that. The money and power behind the Sentinels? That has been a smokescreen. These Humans REAL GOAL is to TAKE CONTROL of Humans next step in Evolution, to bypass Humans Evolution into Mutants entirely and replace it with THEIR vision of Human's next step, not Nature. They want to Nurture their own vision of Human Evolution against the apparent Natural Order.

Hickman is also saying THAT has been the numerous Sentinel backers goal ALL ALONG. The invention of the 1st Sentinel? That was when they took their 1st actions to DELAY the proliferation of Mutants. All while working on their vision for the Evolution of Human Kind (E-Men from Morrisons run are almost def an inspiration). The Librarian is that Post-Human, and we know they appear to have showed up STARTING in Timeline 6 (which is where we met them in Power of X #6). It also looks like they WOULD have risen in TL #9 and I have pretty easy proof of that.
    In Power of X #1, remember when they showed Year 100 and then Year 1000? They jumped from Timeline #9 BACK to Timeline #6. Cylobel had been thrown into that tube in (Year 100/TL#9), when it jumps to 1000 years in the future and shows her STILL in that tube? THAT is Timeline #6.

This also means WE might know something Moira DOESN'T. We know that the Post-Humans won TWICE at least. Meanwhile, we have no idea what happened in Timelines 1 or 2 really, and it makes Timeline #1 that much more intriguing. I swear i feel like i have been obsessed with that Timeline and single page ever since i read it, it is always stuck in my head since it is pretty obvious that there was no War and nothing is mentioned about Mutants or Sentinels. As for Timeline #2, it matters so much less because we already know how much of that life lines up with the rest. Which again brings it back to TL1 and Moira specifically and why that Timeline must be more important or RADICALLY different in someway. Technology and Mutants are never hinted at outside HER fever. We know that she meets Xavier when she is 17 in TL1, but nothing after that about him or much else, just a boring human life....so wtf was different??? Or did all of her previous lives end with the rise of Post-Humans? The rise of Homo-Novissima over Homo-Superior?

I did not read any of the immediate pages to wherever this post is, would have taken too long and I would have lost the groove I found in my explanation about Mutant Resurrection that I posted in another thread.
    Are mutants really the product of nature though? Aren't they the result of the Celestials tampering/experimenting on early humans. Similar to how the Eternals came into being and the Kree being responsible for the Inhumans. So in that sense can it truly be said that mutants are the natural evolution of humans. Remember that character in the Clearmont book, Extreme X-men; Vargas was his name I think. Wasn't he suppose to be the natural evolution of humans?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Are mutants really the product of nature though? Aren't they the result of the Celestials tampering/experimenting on early humans. Similar to how the Eternals came into being and the Kree being responsible for the Inhumans. So in that sense can it truly be said that mutants are the natural evolution of humans. Remember that character in the Clearmont book, Extreme X-men; Vargas was his name I think. Wasn't he suppose to be the natural evolution of humans?
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Spencer is coming!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It was deleted . whuh wuz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was deleted . whuh wuz it?
    Big Hick contacted Mike Carey for a project, but he turned it down because he's busy. This is apparently revealed on the Off Panel podcast Hickman is doing with the guy from SKCHTHD or whatever that's behind a paywall.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate