Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Power Level complains

Since that's been an issue with JSA forum. What have been issues with her powers through the years. One I can say is she is suppose to go toe to toe with Superman yet can be stopped so quickly with one bullet. I mean she been harmed worse and still tough it out.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The bullet thing...for me ive always chalked it up to her weakness. She can take on brute force but more direct force causes her more harm. It makes no sense for her to be "bullets and bracelets" if she is bullet proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The bullet thing...for me ive always chalked it up to her weakness. She can take on brute force but more direct force causes her more harm. It makes no sense for her to be "bullets and bracelets" if she is bullet proof.
    I view it similar to "weaknesses" from other world mythologies like Achilles being invulnerable save for his heel or Baldr from Norse myth being immune to everything accept mistletoe.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

A punch is also a very direct force. So are laser beams and many other things she can take. Being bulletproof doesn't take anything away from her bracelets. The same ones that are barely relevant nowadays because of the shield. And that weakness is the reason why many writers throw WW under the bus when it comes to durability while facing top tiers. That weakness is one of the reasons why many people and writers think she is not that tough.

Bracelets are barely relevant since the shield was introduced so the bullet weakness doesn't bmake sense to me. Either way if bullets can Pierce her, it doesn't make sense how she can be punted through buildings considering their supports are also made with steel wires. Realistically, she would die on the first day.

Heck, it simply means all the High-tier's she ever fought are simply too dumb and stupid since all they needed to do to pierce her body and kill her is use their fingers instead of punches. If a bullet can shoot clean through Wonder Woman, then Superman's pinky would do the very same thing if not worse.

It remains the worst weakness and plothole in Wonder Woman lore. And among all high tiers in DC, Marvel, etc, you won't find another character with such an illogical weakness.

So what would most of you do with the bracelets if she were bullet proof? To be clear, I'm not opposed to it, I just don't know what exactly to do with them. I still see symbolic value in the bracelets obviously, but do they just become decoration?

Bullets and piercing weapons aren't even consistent anymore. (If it ever was) The number of times she actually gets shot you could count on one hand.

She tanked the Godkiller sword, which only cut her skin. She blocked a bullet with her bare hand and didn't even bruise. Plus she tanks grenades and the shrapnel doesn't cut her.

-

Plus, I would prefer the bullets weakness that is barley brought up or used, instead of the other weakness she had...
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-05-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So what would most of you do with the bracelets if she were bullet proof? To be clear, I'm not opposed to it, I just don't know what exactly to do with them. I still see symbolic value in the bracelets obviously, but do they just become decoration?
    I would just say that her skin isn't bullet proof but her muscles and bones are. That way she still wouldn't want to get hit and bleed.

Or just say that she blocks them out of curtesy to make sure no one behind her gets hit, or to have as little damage to the environment as possible.

Or just say that even though they don't pierce her skin it still feels painful so she chooses to block it instead.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    A punch is also a very direct force. So are laser beams and many other things she can take. Being bulletproof doesn't take anything away from her bracelets. The same ones that are barely relevant nowadays because of the shield. And that weakness is the reason why many writers throw WW under the bus when it comes to durability while facing top tiers. That weakness is one of the reasons why many people and writers think she is not that tough.
    Brute force where superman punches you is not the same as a more direct force of a bullet or more "piercing" I should say. Im cool with the weakness. WW is known for blocking bullets with her bracelets...its one of her iconic aspects, there should be a reason behind it.

It's the comic book world, half of it doesnt make sense so no reason why this should make anymore sense.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-05-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It really isn't since it's barley brought up or used, like I said, the total number of times a bullet has ever actually perched her skin you could count on one hand. And she's mostly been shot in her own comics, not even in other comics (the one exception being that issue of JL, which was stupid because even if she was somehow that careless the wound should have healed right away. Like she gets shot in the chest twice and is fine but gets grazed in the neck and "oh no she's on deaths door for 2 issues". Yeah, not buying it. But like I said, that's the one time.)

Even Batman's files regard her as "having no weaknesses".

Plus the most recent time she was shot with a bullet she straight up blocked it with her bare hand so it might not even be cannon anymore.

Brute force where superman punches you is not the same as a more direct force of a bullet or more "piercing" I should say. Im cool with the weakness. WW is known for blocking bullets with her bracelets...its one of her iconic aspects, there should be a reason behind it.

It's the comic book world, half of it doesnt make sense so no reason why this should make anymore sense.
    It still doesn't make sense. She should die every time she goes flying through buldings that are made of sharp steal wires. granades etc. Her bracelets move of blocking bullets is not relevant anymore. She barely uses them. And she can still use them in combat even if she was bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It really isn't since it's barley brought up or used, like I said, the total number of times a bullet has ever actually perched her skin you could count on one hand. And she's mostly been shot in her own comics, not even in other comics (the one exception being that issue of JL, which was stupid because even if she was somehow that careless the wound should have healed right away. Like she gets shot in the chest twice and is fine but gets grazed in the neck and "oh no she's on deaths door for 2 issues". Yeah, not buying it. But like I said, that's the one time.)

Even Batman's files regard her as "having no weaknesses".

Plus the most recent time she was shot with a bullet she straight up blocked it with her bare hand so it might not even be cannon anymore.
    The amount of times a bullet almost killed or harmed her, is enough for many writers and readers to assume she is not very durable after at all.

It is better to just establish her as bulletproof. That alone should help to see her jobbing less often.

Mighty Member

Block actually relevant things, like, magic, kryptonian or martian heat vision, or lantern beams as just a very few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Block actually relevant things, like, magic, kryptonian or martian heat vision, or lantern beams as just a very few examples.
    Fair enough. So yes, I think I'm on the side of her skin being sensitive like a human being, but underneath it her being super durable. She could still use the bracelets to block bullets just so she wouldn't bleed, but their main use would be versus more serious things. The blocking bullets with the bracelets isn't really that important really, it's just a tradition. So it wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't use it as much except in big moments. It still has a huge symbolic value.

Fair enough. So yes, I think I'm on the side of her skin being sensitive like a human being, but underneath it her being super durable. She could still use the bracelets to block bullets just so she wouldn't bleed, but their main use would be versus more serious things. The blocking bullets with the bracelets isn't really that important really, it's just a tradition. So it wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't use it as much except in big moments. It still has a huge symbolic value.
    Bullets need to stop causing her any harm. Because it is one of the main reasons why we have super human warrior nowadays. The main reason why many writers and readers doubt she can take hits from Superman or Darkseid. Most people will never go into detail why she can take those and yet be hurt by normal bullets. So that weakness needs to go, so writers that aren't too familiar with her and don't care to do research, won't have such an easy time in making her a jobber to others in battle, by using that bullets weakness as an excuse.