Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Looks pretty epic .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks pretty epic .
    that it does. looks like Brandon Thomas & Cian Tormey are bout to go crazy with Duke on Outsiders, and I'm eating it up!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-11-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Duke's got his first voice actor! they've released a dub for the Batfamily webtoon.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I just noticed, they let my good bro grow his hair out too! look bruh all I need is a solid present-day Duke fight scene where he wins or at least fights competitively with someone formidable and any kind of play off his immortality concept, and this will probably jump ahead to being my favorite Duke Thomas story. at minimum my favorite since We are Robin and up there with Tales from the Dark Multiverse: METAL and The Quiet Ones.

currently following:

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Someone asked him on Twitter, you can read the thread - https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...Pb2Qf2Jhg&s=19

Apparently he wanted to make Harper Robin, and then when it was clear Damian would be back decided to give her and Duke their own mantle.
    Hi, thanks for this. I actually did find what I was thinking of, it was from a panel in 2016 Comic Con. Here's the link, timestamp at around 36:00 is where he talks about Duke, it's pretty different from my hazy memory and I don't think it's anything people didn't already know.

So Duke is apparently Robin in a kids show about sentient Batmobiles....honestly it looks a lot like Damian

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/ethan-...imated-series/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So Duke is apparently Robin in a kids show about sentient Batmobiles....honestly it looks a lot like Damian

And Cass is wearing a Barbara costume .

Extraordinary Member

The first draft Proably got looked over and stamped in red for diverse characters

unexpected but hey, it's always nice to see Duke being used more! I'm curious how he'll be characterized here. I hope it resonates, it would be nice to hook these kids on Duke early; like how JL did for John Stewart. this will be his first appearance in an animated project, always figured his first time would be on Young Justice tbh. this does give me hope we'll get him on there soon. I wonder when we'll see Duke as The Signal in something.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

You can hear the Damian and Tim fans just going off...

Seeing this is a kid's show-toys are expected.

Duke already has 2 targeting pre-schoolers. So I expect 1-2 here. So that will be at least 4 Duke figures that would have been in stores.

1 from We are Robin, 2 Signal and now 1 as Robin.

Since this Robin obviously isn't Bruce's son, I'd say that Cass and Duke here are a racelifted Babs and Tim.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can hear the Damian and Tim fans just going off...

Seeing this is a kid's show-toys are expected.

Duke already has 2 targeting pre-schoolers. So I expect 1-2 here. So that will be at least 4 Duke figures that would have been in stores.

1 from We are Robin, 2 Signal and now 1 as Robin.
    I am a Damian Fan and NO we are not. Why you wanna start that?

Wasn't interested on this when it was announced but now, seeing that Duke is involved? HELL YEAH!

IT is possible to stan more than one character.

I like it. Duke looks cheeky and Bruce has that DKR vibes.

I'm loving DC/WB recently strategy of boosting character visibility by broadening their targeting strategy.

This and stuff like the web toons, the CN Xmas movie is how you think outside the box and adapt to a changing market while give majority of the fans happy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wasn't interested on this when it was announced but now, seeing that Duke is involved? HELL YEAH!
    Just fyi, the target demographic is preschool-aged children so your mileage may vary.

I'm hoping it leads to a few Zoom/Ink books for Duke.