Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I thought this was a thread about the great Cisco Kid . . .

. . . what a rip-off!

Yeah the title of the thread and War "theme song" linked in the first post, was all an intentional reference to the original Cisco Kid.
    Wish our Cisco would reference the character and song!
    Oddly enough, the Kid was once played by Cesar Romero (of later Joker fame) LOL
    Also played by Jimmy Smits - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLMPyTTR4ZA

I'm actually hoping Cisco usurps the title of the Kid, and makes it his own.

And if he ever gets powers on the show, they crank the War theme song.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-10-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They probably won't. I've often been accused about being overly sanguine about humanity, but I really believe that for the most part, the people hired to write and draw these comics have moved far beyond clumsy ethnic stereotypes. There will be exceptions, but I think they will be exceptions.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Generally I agree with that, but in Jaime's case, it's happened too often for too long. His 52 series was heavy with that sort of crap, and Young Justice was almost as bad. At this point, the next time he shows up in any meaningful way might be the deciding factor; if he's talking like that again, it might be too embedded.

As for Vibe, loved him in the 52 and really enjoyed his solo, though Wood's art wasnt on par with what I had expected of him. Still worth reading though. And Cisco is great on Flash! I keep waiting for him to end up with powers, and right around this time of the week I start to live in fear of spoilers, as I wont have time to see the show until tomorrow.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Generally I agree with that, but in Jaime's case, it's happened too often for too long. His 52 series was heavy with that sort of crap, and Young Justice was almost as bad. At this point, the next time he shows up in any meaningful way might be the deciding factor; if he's talking like that again, it might be too embedded.

As for Vibe, loved him in the 52 and really enjoyed his solo, though Wood's art wasnt on par with what I had expected of him. Still worth reading though. And Cisco is great on Flash! I keep waiting for him to end up with powers, and right around this time of the week I start to live in fear of spoilers, as I wont have time to see the show until tomorrow.
    Oh man, I envy you. It's a good one.

I really enjoyed his short-lived series too. I'm sure if it had been a success they had much bigger plans for him and his connections with Amanda Waller and co.

It was also a really interesting spin on Gypsy. I was looking forward to her character and powers being developed ... but everything connected to that series has been dropped.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Been the breakout character of the TV show. When he first had a cameo in Arrow, I thought he was going to be really annoying but he ended up being my favorite
    Although I'd argue that Jesse Martin as Joe West is the best part of the show, Carlos Valdes' Cisco is definitely the best of the younger characters. He brings an enthusiasm to the show that I really enjoy, and while he's funny, he's never really played for laughs. Nothing about Valdes really screams "superhero" to me, so this was definitely an interesting move. I looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Easily the biggest surprise and most impressive upgrade of the New 52. Read it.
    Vibe was a good series, but say that I, Vampire got the most impressive New 52 upgrade. Vibe was definitely a very solid straight-up superhero series, and the New 52 didn't really have a lot of them.

BANNED

Does anyone think that Vibe will get his own comic ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Could happen. If there's some popularity from the show, they will probably try another book. It certainly helps that Geoff Johns is behind the character.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Conditions are more favorable for it now than ever before. That's no guarantee of anything, but the conditions are germane.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I really hope so, and I was one of those who after Detroit era, never wanted to see the character again. I was actually saddened this was a character they chose to bring back.

But I had to give him a shot, and really enjoyed the new take, and the build up to his friendship with Gypsy. As others pointed both his solo and JLA where he was co-starring ended abruptly, along with his story and possible future.
    Or I just missed where to follow it, with all the events I jumped completely off board.

Then he showed up somewhat reinvented on the TV show, and I liked his character all over again. Hopefully this new buzz on the character with yesterdays TV episode ending, and the "Vibe" goggles teas, will generate some interest in bringing him back in the books.

Honesty when I started this appreciation thread, I thought it might sink off the page without a single reply.
    Glad to see he has fans.
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-18-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Vibe showed up for half a second in the Flashpoint movie. He was one of Deathstroke's crew members. And the evil universe Vibe was in Crisis on Two Earths. Though it was the break dancing version.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Vibe showed up for half a second in the Flashpoint movie. He was one of Deathstroke's crew members. And the evil universe Vibe was in Crisis on Two Earths. Though it was the break dancing version.
    Really I thought that was Sonar like in the books will have to watch again.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Although I'd argue that Jesse Martin as Joe West is the best part of the show, Carlos Valdes' Cisco is definitely the best of the younger characters. He brings an enthusiasm to the show that I really enjoy, and while he's funny, he's never really played for laughs. Nothing about Valdes really screams "superhero" to me, so this was definitely an interesting move. I looking forward to seeing how this develops.
    Actually, yeah I agree, Joe has been great and the probably the best character in the show. It's even better since as an original character, people didn't expect much out of him but his relationship with Barry has been the most emotional part of the show

I like Cisco just because he feels just like a CBR user in that he's so enthusiastic about everything. Although remember this dude can throw down. He at least knows some smooth Judo moves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eitnB8eryW0

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    He'll be back for the new JLA run, Johns obviously had plans for him with regards to the Multiverse storyline so I'm expecting to see him in Convergence. Just speculation on my part but he is just about the only tool anyone has to detect extra-dimensional beings/incursions, and he's also capable of tracking time travelers.
    Do you mean JLA or JLU? I thought JLA was only going to be the 6 original leaguers. Adding him to Justice League United however would be cool, especially given how diverse and unique the lineup already is.