Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This was an embarrassment to Marvel and there is no evidence Disney wants this when there are so many other properties they could start fresh with.
    Well since you're already making **** up, I'd like to point out no where has Marvel said this is an embarassment to them.

BANNED

Not a bad ending. A bit annoyed that Gorgon was acting like a raging animal. Hit too close to an unflattering stereotype for Black men for my tastes. Should the show be picked up for a second season I hope that his humanity is restored. I suspected that (in true BB fashion) there was a longer game in sight. I hope that this is picked up for another season. It would be nice to see the Inhumans play the outsiders/marginalized group who stand up for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Well since you're already making **** up, I'd like to point out no where has Marvel said this is an embarassment to them.
    James Gunn said there was no saving Inhumans IMO, Feige when asked laughed and pretended to not hear the question, Loeb took a shot at it even at NY Comic-Con according to Collider people in the actual room. I'm sorry I'm not making any of that up even if it disagrees with your narrative the reaction to this show from Marvel people, critics, and most of the audience has been embarrassment. I can't see why Marvel/Disney would want this for their streaming service when they have AoS, the Netflix Shows, and could even bring back Agent Carter. Also there are Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors which hasn't aired and could go there and unused characters like Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Ms. Marvel, of Secret Warriors. So yeah I'm giving my opinion but I'm not making anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Not a bad ending. A bit annoyed that Gorgon was acting like a raging animal. Hit too close to an unflattering stereotype for Black men for my tastes. Should the show be picked up for a second season I hope that his humanity is restored. I suspected that (in true BB fashion) there was a longer game in sight. I hope that this is picked up for another season. It would be nice to see the Inhumans play the outsiders/marginalized group who stand up for others.
    There is a Marvel property TV show doing that right now it's called Gifted and it was well received critically.

Mighty Member

I think the last two episodes were the best of the bunch.msad that it took all those episodes to get just two good ones. I would like to see a second season, but they definitely need to step up the costume game. Their costumes at the end looked bad. There's a lot of stuff they could fix easily. I felt so disconnected and kind of thought the Royal Family were unlikable assholes, but they changed I'm the last two episodes. And more triton.. He kicked ass. But they could totally fix costumes and make up in a second season. Remember Agents didn't get better until the last few episodes of season one after winter solder turned everything on its head

James Gunn said there was no saving Inhumans IMO, Feige when asked laughed and pretended to not hear the question, Loeb took a shot at it even at NY Comic-Con according to Collider people in the actual room. I'm sorry I'm not making any of that up even if it disagrees with your narrative the reaction to this show from Marvel people, critics, and most of the audience has been embarrassment. I can't see why Marvel/Disney would want this for their streaming service when they have AoS, the Netflix Shows, and could even bring back Agent Carter. Also there are Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors which hasn't aired and could go there and unused characters like Blade, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Ms. Marvel, of Secret Warriors. So yeah I'm giving my opinion but I'm not making anything up.
    James Gunn is work for hire and Feige isn't involved with Marvel TV. Loeb said something to promote the show and Collider reported it as shade out of their own biases.

These kinds of purposeful misreadings and mentioning irrelevant people isn't proof of anything. you're purposefully misrepresenting information, that's making stuff up.

James Gunn is work for hire and Feige isn't involved with Marvel TV. Loeb said something to promote the show and Collider reported it as shade out of their own biases.

These kinds of purposeful misreadings and mentioning irrelevant people isn't proof of anything. you're purposefully misrepresenting information, that's making stuff up.
    Marvel Studios and Feige has someone over Marvel TV when related to the MCU. Season one of AoS they wanted to use Loki Staff and Marvel Studios said No because they had plans for it Marvel Studios comes first and if Feige sees that show as a black eye on the MCU he could ask for it pulled especially since it didn't do well.

Collider biased? They are constantly praise the MCU Films, Netflix Shows besides Iron Fist, Collider TV crew are big fans of AoS , so how are they biased against Marvel? They disliked two outings Inhumans and Iron Fist and they weren't alone. So I'll trust people in the room over people who weren't when Loeb joked about Inhumans.

Not believing Collider is your opinion and I never misquoted anyone not James Gunn, not Kevin Feige, and not Collider's report of Loeb you're the one trying to misrepresent the information and thus making stuff up. You're the one who once said there was no rotten tomatoes score of 0% when there was but I'm making things up by the way it went up to 8% so yay progress.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 11-12-2017 at 08:47 AM.

If Marvel Studios and Disney aren't embarrassed by this show, they should be.
    I fear the negative consequences of this lame ass heaping pile of a show is that other, good comic based shows won't get greenlit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I fear the negative consequences of this lame ass heaping pile of a show is that other, good comic based shows won't get greenlit.
    One good thing that might come out of it: Marvel will now be more keenly aware that they have to produce good TV shows, and not just throw anything up there with the Marvel logo on it in the knowledge that it will be a success. I think they've been getting a little too confident that the superhero train will just keep barreling along forever. They thought the same about westerns in the 50's.

They probably should be embarrassed since it is their fault after all. But rather than writing it off, they should correct their mistake, they're doing it with Iron Fist, no reason why they shouldn't with the Inhumans too.

A show is only as good as the crew hired to work on it and Disney/Marvel did all the hiring. It's their mess to put right.

Marvel Studios and Feige has someone over Marvel TV when related to the MCU. Season one of AoS they wanted to use Loki Staff and Marvel Studios said No because they had plans for it Marvel Studios comes first and if Feige sees that show as a black eye on the MCU he could ask for it pulled especially since it didn't do well.

Collider biased? They are constantly praise the MCU Films, Netflix Shows besides Iron Fist, Collider TV crew are big fans of AoS , so how are they biased against Marvel? They disliked two outings Inhumans and Iron Fist and they weren't alone. So I'll trust people in the room over people who weren't when Loeb joked about Inhumans.

Not believing Collider is your opinion and I never misquoted anyone not James Gunn, not Kevin Feige, and not Collider's report of Loeb you're the one trying to misrepresent the information and thus making stuff up. You're the one who once said there was no rotten tomatoes score of 0% when there was but I'm making things up by the way it went up to 8% so yay progress.
    Feige has no powers over Marvel TV, and you're referencing a time back before TV and MCU schismed. Which you know they did, you're just ignoring it to try and make it fit into your narrative.

Collider like a lot of people wrote the entire show off as cancelled from the get go, they did the same with Iron Fist. So their reporting Loeb's promotion as shade is completely biased, it's their interpretation. Which you're using to again, fit your narrative.

Gunnis in the same boat with Feige, except his opinion means even less because of the schism.

So again, stop misrepresenting things.

They probably should be embarrassed since it is their fault after all. But rather than writing it off, they should correct their mistake, they're doing it with Iron Fist, no reason why they shouldn't with the Inhumans too.

A show is only as good as the crew hired to work on it and Disney/Marvel did all the hiring. It's their mess to put right.

Feige has no powers over Marvel TV, and you're referencing a time back before TV and MCU schismed. Which you know they did, you're just ignoring it to try and make it fit into your narrative.

Collider like a lot of people wrote the entire show off as cancelled from the get go, they did the same with Iron Fist. So their reporting Loeb's promotion as shade is completely biased, it's their interpretation. Which you're using to again, fit your narrative.

Gunnis in the same boat with Feige, except his opinion means even less because of the schism.

So again, stop misrepresenting things.
    Sorry but at the end of the day Marvel Studios does have say over the MCU Inhumans went to TV because Marvel Studios kicked it to the curb. Yes there is a schism because of Perlmutter but Marvel TV can't do anything that would effect the MCU films and being an embarrassment like this hurts the Marvel/MCU as a whole. So can Feige cancel the show? No but can he go to the powers that be to ask them to please cancel it if he thinks it hurts the greater MCU? Yeah and I never said he would I said it's a possibility though.

This show is considered by almost everyone critics and audience as the worse thing the MCU has ever put out. It didn't do well and cost IMAX money this show has only brought negative press to Disney and Marvel there is no reason to keep it limping forward.

To be fair, that's comic accurate.

Triton is basically a fish ninja, and Karnak's fighting abilities are just his powers being used, this didn't come up on screen since the show decided to take his powers away/break them in the pilot.
    That's... not correct. In the comics, Triton has enhanced strength and so on, but has rarely been portrayed as much of a fighter. Karnak, on the other hand, is a terror and all of his abilities, including the ability to find the weakness in anything, are canonically the result of training rather than gaining any powers through Terrigenesis. He's actually somewhat in the boat of MCU Maximus in not having any powers (other than slightly enhanced physique from birth), although in his case it's down to his parents choosing not to have him go through the mists rather than them not working on him.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    One good thing that might come out of it: Marvel will now be more keenly aware that they have to produce good TV shows, and not just throw anything up there with the Marvel logo on it in the knowledge that it will be a success. I think they've been getting a little too confident that the superhero train will just keep barreling along forever. They thought the same about westerns in the 50's.
    unfortunately, in show biz they often only think in broad terms. "That superhero show didn't do well, let's wait before we try another." not "That wasn't a good SH show, let's do a better one." The think in terms of success not quality.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Sorry but at the end of the day Marvel Studios does have say over the MCU Inhumans went to TV because Marvel Studios kicked it to the curb. Yes there is a schism because of Perlmutter but Marvel TV can't do anything that would effect the MCU films and being an embarrassment like this hurts the Marvel/MCU as a whole. So can Feige cancel the show? No but can he go to the powers that be to ask them to please cancel it if he thinks it hurts the greater MCU? Yeah and I never said he would I said it's a possibility though.

This show is considered by almost everyone critics and audience as the worse thing the MCU has ever put out. It didn't do well and cost IMAX money this show has only brought negative press to Disney and Marvel there is no reason to keep it limping forward.
    Except they don't.

There's zero evidence to suggest Feige can impact the TV stuff beyond saying "I don't want this franchise in the movies" This is once again speculation.

The show has not been critically recieved well, with the same key criticisms, another show had this exact same treatment and a consist list of criticisms against it, and Marvel renewed it.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    That's... not correct. In the comics, Triton has enhanced strength and so on, but has rarely been portrayed as much of a fighter. Karnak, on the other hand, is a terror and all of his abilities, including the ability to find the weakness in anything, are canonically the result of training rather than gaining any powers through Terrigenesis. He's actually somewhat in the boat of MCU Maximus in not having any powers (other than slightly enhanced physique from birth), although in his case it's down to his parents choosing not to have him go through the mists rather than them not working on him.
    Triton has been portrayed a skilled fighter for quite a while now.

Karnak has fighting abilities but he really isn't that threatening until his weakness finding abilities are factored into it. The show removed these powers with some bs, so he was just an average fighter, he never had his abilities removed in the comics so he remains a formiddable fighter.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can only see ABC not picking up any new superhero shows and Marvel will have to pitch them to other places.