Page 579 of 827 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629679 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 12392

Ralph calling out the show through Barry for not chasing after metas after they run away was so awesome.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Because Ralgh Dibny is the Elongated Man. He's not Eel O'Brian.

"Look, an ear in the fireplace".
    True, but his character in this series? It's far closer to Eel than Ralph

Mighty Member

Tom Cavanagh deserve some kind of Emmy recognition.

Astonishing Member

Oh. It's a new version of Black Bison. I keep forgetting how much this show likes using Firestorm villains. Mainly because almost nobody likes using Firestorm villains.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Oh. It's a new version of Black Bison. I keep forgetting how much this show likes using Firestorm villains. Mainly because almost nobody likes using Firestorm villains.
    I worry when they get to Slipnot and Hyena

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Obviously the suit will get an actual design eventually. But I hope they ditch the mask all together.
    It would be true to form if he did; when Elongated Man first appeared in the Silver Age FLASH comics, he initially did wear a mask, but never did afterwards.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The opening was a fun variation on that scene where the guy held up Barry in season 1, though the crook in this situation ended up far worse for wear then that guy .

Killer Frost at Burning Man? I kind of want to see that...

Why am I suddenly expecting Ralph to try and flirt with Hazard once she inevitably breaks out of prison? Maybe he'll even be her type.

I love how Barry and Iris brought Ralph to their marriage counselor. They should just drag everybody who's having a personal or mental crisis in to see her.

I was sympathetic to Mina's motives in trying to get back her people's artifacts, especially considering all the injustices done to the Native Americans over the years, but that doesn't justify murder. At least Ralph made sure the necklace still ended up back where they rightfully belonged .

Was Ralph really a good detective? I guess he was successful in getting dirt as a PI, but the only real detective work we've seen him do is ascertain a woman's exact measurements from a glance. And I guess anyone curious about Caitlin's three sizes now have an answer .

Though I even question whether he was that good a police officer given he seemed to have completely forgotten about the whole "protect and serve" thing that epitomizes what it means to be a cop.

It would've been fun to see HR bounce off the Council of Wells, though free-spirit Wells reminded me a lot of HR. And I guess this makes up for Tom Cavanagh not getting to be a new Wells this season.

Those revived status were just flinging Barry like a ragdoll. The Fastest Man Alive can't beat things that aren't even actually alive?

Y'know, in the split-second it took Barry to throw that vase in the first place couldn't he have just handcuffed her anyway? Maybe Ralph was onto something about why it's so hard for Barry to catch these Metas...

So I guess Killer Frost is now a Team Flash asset now. Though are they going give her an actual costume again?

Is the Mechanist DeVoe's actual wife or is that just a ruse to fool the heroes? I guess we also have an explanation for why DeVoe is stuck in that chair and potentially what his plan entails (probably improving himself from the normal, frail, version).
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Obviously the suit will get an actual design eventually. But I hope they ditch the mask all together.
    Elongated Man has a public identity in the comics so I'd be surprised if they don't follow suit here.

I'm curious if his proper costume will go with the red and black or the purple and white (or maybe full-on purple?) for the color scheme. I'm also wondering how long before someone, or Ralph, finally coins his codename.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    True, but his character in this series? It's far closer to Eel than Ralph
    All that stuff with him at the end was pure Ralph though.

Retired

Given the costume designers have a fondness for black and muted colours, I think a black and indigo costume would be best for EM.

There could be a WESTWORLD swerve in the scenes with Metron Devoe and the Mechanic against the present day scene at the end with Cifford and his wife.

At the Vancouver Fan Expo on Saturday, there was a celebirty Q&A with the cast of FLASH--Gustin, Cavanagh, Valdes, Panabaker, Patton. I wasn't there, to my chagrin, but you can watch the panel on youtube. Carlos and Tom mention how time consuming it was to film the Council of Wells scenes; however, that doesn't stop me from wishing there had been many more Wellses. Some of the ones we saw last season would have been welcome.

BANNED

So we're all fully in agreement that the council of Wells was completely ripped off of Hickman's Council of Reeds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    So we're all fully in agreement that the council of Wells was completely ripped off of Hickman's Council of Reeds, right?
    I wouldn't say ripped off. Parodied feels more accurate .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say ripped off. Parodied feels more accurate .
    It felt more like a homage to the Council of Ricks from Rick and Morty which was a parody of the Council of Reeds.

Retired

Since it was Cisco who called it a council of Wells, we can assume it's Cisco easter egging and intentionally referring to something that already exists in pop culture--so blame Cisco for the homage. But a guy talking to his doppelgangers is nothing new or exclusive to one IP.

What comic was Ralph reading? I saw ALL-STARS on the cover.

Cisco: You're a wizard, Harry!

And then Cisco realized his pop-culture reference. Guess they had to wait for not-Draco to leave to make more Harry Potter references.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I worry when they get to Slipnot and Hyena
    Slipknot would either be shifted over to Arrow or he'd be a metahuman with the ability to control rope. Did Typhoon ever actually make it into the comics or was he just in the issues cancelled by the DC Implosion? I know I read that issue on comixology, but it wasn't even colored or anything.

Amazing Member

The latest episode is much better than the last week. Even though the meta of the week is also boring. Nice backstory and that's it.

EM is going through the same as Flash with weird costume/s which is understandable.