Page 97 of 865 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    I've tried taking some snaps, but between my lighting and potato camera I can't do it justice at all. There's a pretty decent preview on Amazon, but you really need to see it for real; it looks amazing. Very faithful to Moebius' designs, but with the level of detail ramped up to insane levels. The colouring is stunning too.
    Thanks for trying. I'll go check out Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    Does anyone know if the hardcover of mike allreds red rocket 7 is oversized?
    The old Dark Horse limited edition hardcover was the same size as the single issues (same dimensions as a 10" record sleeve). The recent image HC is smaller, same size as a 7" single sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    On a side note, I have never gotten into Judge Dredd, I want to rectify that now. Any good collection recommendations for a total noob (really, total noob. Didn't even saw the movie)?
    Untill forum member Judge Dredd arrives with the answers: I've only read America, which was really good, but it's a Dredd light story (but it's one of the msot famous Dredd stories and deservedly so), other than that, I started Compelte Case files vol 1 (I got the book by mistake), but after the 2nd strip I gave up, it was not yet the Dredd everybody loves.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    So terrifically insane. Would love to know what else is in this book and any feedback. Wallace Wood was the man. (I like Wally! Wish he did.)
    OK, here it is, i quick snapshot sry if you can't read everything
    for feedback you can't get negative from me, i love that stuff, a beautifully crafted time capsule.

yeah i was gonna upload front covers but than i remembered that nudity is not allowed? boobs? i don't know, and there is, on both books

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Thanks for trying. I'll go check out Amazon.
    Had some more success in direct sunlight. Here's a few random pages:

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Yay!

Edit: Well I was a proud owner of the Final Incal for all of 2 hours, that's it now re-packaged and being sent back to Amazon.

Last edited by RedNave; 07-12-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Yay!

Is the yellow one the $500 version? Because if it is I would be pretty pissed about the dings on the corners.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Nah, its the standard deluxe one, and don't you worry I'm currently complaining to Amazon.

While I wait for my Final Incal I've been reading The Metabarons an all I can say is holy bejesus.

Yeah, Metabarons has Jodo's "enlightenment through loss of limbs/soul/whatever" thesis in full effect

New this week:

- Armies is absolutely stunning. Enjoyed the heck out of that, especially the artwork. If you enjoy sword and sorcery books, you need to get this. Up there (if not even beyond) the best Conan comics - Marvel and DH.
    - Haven't read the other books since I finally wanted to begin with my new Jodo-verse collection, starting with Metabarons. Yep, that IS some crazy s***, with so much stuff going on and idea upon idea, each of which could in itself fill a 200+ page volume.

Incredible Member

Are all four Incal albums available in English in the Deluxe format?

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Are all four Incal albums available in English in the Deluxe format?
    There's six, actually - if you mean the original Jodorowsky/Moebius one.

The "Deluxe" one - that's not actually its name - is a slipcased, Absolute-sized collection (10x13 inches), that's been OOP for ages. New copies start at $650 on Amazon.

There's also a smaller, also OOP collection (HC, 8x10 inches), that might be reprinted later this year (not sure; new copies at $380).

Then there's the six coffee-table books, which are huge but beautiful (12x16 inches). Although having a limited print run of 999 copies each, they all seem to be still available. To me, those are the definite edition of the Incal (you also might pay less for those overall than for a new copy of the small HC atm).

EDIT:

Just had another quick look at Amazon.com (Marketplace).You can get the six books for between $50-80 each (most of them around 50), so that would indeed amount to less than $380.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-12-2014 at 11:13 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

The small hc also got an European English version which can still be bought cheap on Amazon.co.uk I thought
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47