Page 36 of 207 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I thought the smear campaign against Dark Phoenix was bad but it’s nothing compared to Captain Marvel’s. Jesus.
    what smer campaign against Dark Phoenix? Just wait for the next star wars, things will get uglier

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what smer campaign against Dark Phoenix? Just wait for the next star wars, things will get uglier
    The BS about it being cancelled and this gem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4171079

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    So I read some spoilers released around 9 months ago that aligned perfectly to what was revealed in the trailer. If the spoilers are correct those who are hoping that Jean wont die may want to sit this one out
    If she dies, she'll likely turn up alive again when the X-men are rebooted and brought into the MCU. Hopefully she never dies again. Poor Jean "died" in X2, came back in X3, died in X3, came back in DoFP, and is now in danger of dying again. If she dies in X-men: Dark Phoenix, then I hope when Jean is brought into the MCU, the higher ups decide not to kill her ever again. Jean is more than just Kenny from South Park.

That and not redo what Fox did with Phoenix.

Poor Jean. She's pretty much only known for Phoenix Saga, where she dies.

It's so hard to gauge how this movies gonna do. On one hand, I'm not too optimistic but also people tend to overtly underestimate X-Men films before they come out. First Class and DoFP got so much **** leading up to their releases. Kinberg directing is the main thing making me not have too much faith.

Also, based on trailers, I just don't get the sense that this is gonna have as much of an 'epic' feel as DoFP. That was my problem with Apocalypse. It didn't really feel like it was as 'big' as it should have been. DoFP really captured that feeling well, having huge stakes and a sense of grandiose.
    Last edited by manymade1; 03-08-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Poor Jean. She's pretty much only known for Phoenix Saga, where she dies.

It's so hard to gauge how this movies gonna do. On one hand, I'm not too optimistic but also people tend to overtly underestimate X-Men films before they come out. First Class and DoFP got so much **** leading up to their releases. Kinberg directing is the main thing making me not have too much faith.

Also, based on trailers, I just don't get the sense that this is gonna have as much of an 'epic' feel as DoFP. That was my problem with Apocalypse. It didn't really feel like it was as 'big' as it should have been. DoFP really captured that feeling well, having huge stakes and a sense of grandiose.
    Apocalypse was send in the past, that’s why. But this movie is not trying to go for an epic feel.

Apocalypse was send in the past, that’s why. But this movie is not trying to go for an epic feel.
    But it's based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. It only feels natural that it should do that. I feel like thats Kinberg's aim; he just isn't delivering.

BANNED

I thought the smear campaign against Dark Phoenix was bad but it’s nothing compared to Captain Marvel’s. Jesus.
    Yep, but if anything, it's only proven how ineffectual they are:

‘Captain Marvel’ Tramples Internet TROLLS & Skyrockets To $160M Opening - Deadline

... in more ways than one, I'm sure. Their paltry, petty efforts ultimately meant nothing compared to what TRULY matters:

Now they can crawl back under their rocks (into their Moms' basements), like the spineless, NEUTERED slugs they are. Likely leaving behind a slime-trail in the process--unwittingly, no doubt--so we can easily find & SQUASH 'em again, neXt time.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-09-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yep, but if anything, it's only proven how ineffectual they are:

‘Captain Marvel’ Tramples Internet TROLLS & Skyrockets To $160M Opening - Deadline

... in more ways than one, I'm sure. Their paltry, petty efforts ultimately meant nothing compared to what TRULY matters:

Now they can crawl back under their rocks (into their Moms' basements), like the spineless, NEUTERED slugs they are. Likely leaving behind a slime-trail in the process--unwittingly, no doubt--so we can easily find & SQUASH 'em again, neXt time.
    I think this is encouraging. If Captain Marvel can be a big success, despite all the trolling it has endured on social media, I think Dark Phoenix can succeed as well. If it's well-done, well-edited, and enjoyable in the same way Captain Marvel was, then I think Dark Phoenix can succeed in a major way. It can only help the X-men brand if Dark Phoenix succeeds and Captain Marvel is helping to show that success is possible in an environment where everyone looks for any excuse to troll and whine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I think the argument is different though. Aside from trolls calling it "feminist trash", guys from my job think it's going to be sh*tty because it's pro-women. The critique Dark Phoenix is getting is because they won't do Jean or the X-Men justice. There isn't a campaign to boycot the film because a woman is the protagonist. I loved Captain Marvel, and recommend watching it. It had a lot of comicboon elements without being overly fan service. I'll watch Dark Phoenix, but I know that it is based on a characters Kingsberg created (like Mystique) rather than a Phoenix Saga story.

Captain Marvel has been attacked (and praised) for political reasons.
    What I think is complete stupid, because it's just a weak movie without any political agenda.

Dark Phoenix in the other hand represents Fox/Singer vision of the X-men universe, which people are sick of.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think the argument is different though. Aside from trolls calling it "feminist trash", guys from my job think it's going to be sh*tty because it's pro-women. The critique Dark Phoenix is getting is because they won't do Jean or the X-Men justice. There isn't a campaign to boycot the film because a woman is the protagonist. I loved Captain Marvel, and recommend watching it. It had a lot of comicboon elements without being overly fan service. I'll watch Dark Phoenix, but I know that it is based on a characters Kingsberg created (like Mystique) rather than a Phoenix Saga story.
    Mystique is not in the movie much to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    But it's based on the Dark Phoenix Saga. It only feels natural that it should do that. I feel like thats Kinberg's aim; he just isn't delivering.
    Kinberg has stated that he is not emphasizing spectacle.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mystique is not in the movie much to say the least.
    But the films central(or at least one of the major) conflict(s) seems to be based around her.

Kinberg has stated that he is not emphasizing spectacle.
    Trailer #2 says different.(this one is neither a critique nor a praise)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think this is encouraging. If Captain Marvel can be a big success, despite all the trolling it has endured on social media, I think Dark Phoenix can succeed as well. If it's well-done, well-edited, and enjoyable in the same way Captain Marvel was, then I think Dark Phoenix can succeed in a major way. It can only help the X-men brand if Dark Phoenix succeeds and Captain Marvel is helping to show that success is possible in an environment where everyone looks for any excuse to troll and whine.
    Dark Phoenix will succeed. From the trailers we see Phoenix/Jean is the star. We see excellent acting from Sophie. The film was well done. Kinburg knew this is the last XMen film before absorption into MCU. They got a rising star to play Jean, and this will
    Be good for Phoenix/Jean inclusion in MCU.

I’m looking forward to it regardless, to see how they wrap it up. No Wolverine makes me less excited for it, but I’m an X-men fan through and through, so I want to see if they do this story more justice this time.