Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Priest is not leaving, Priest was not at the retreat, he was with some Marvel writers at some dinner ...unless the dinner was the retreat, in any case he was invited to dinner b/c he was in town.

Priest is writing a book for Lionforge as well, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Also I concur, I think Deathstroke will reach 50 and probably end.
    Huh. I confess I would be surprised to see it last almost two more years. I could see till 40 - Deathstroke vs. Batman should take it to around 35. We shall have to see where the numbers are after that, but unless it is at 30k, I think a full year more would be very surprising.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

I think Deathstroke could possibly end up on a team as part of the No Justice revamp. That might give his solo the bump it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I think Deathstroke could possibly end up on a team as part of the No Justice revamp. That might give his solo the bump it needs.
    I personally think that unless Snyder writes it directly, we're not going to see massive NOPE JUSTICE bumps. I think Deathstroke vs. Batman is going to give the title more of a bump than him showing up there. But that could just be because I'm super biased against Snyder's project (obviously).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

It's a bit of a cheat because so many books were and still are biweekly. Those ones are obvious. I mean we know Batman gets to #50, and probably Tomasi's Superman will get right near #50 before the Bendis relaunch, right? Not sure exactly how that shakes out, but yeah, Aquaman will def hit #50 and so on and so forth.

Deathstroke seems a certainty. Flash, too. Stuff with singular vision creative runs seem pretty obvious. Hal Jordan and the GLC. Yadda.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    It's a bit of a cheat because so many books were and still are biweekly. Those ones are obvious. I mean we know Batman gets to #50, and probably Tomasi's Superman will get right near #50 before the Bendis relaunch, right? Not sure exactly how that shakes out, but yeah, Aquaman will def hit #50 and so on and so forth.

Deathstroke seems a certainty. Flash, too. Stuff with singular vision creative runs seem pretty obvious. Hal Jordan and the GLC. Yadda.
    I'm surprised. Stuff that's selling at 20k or below is being predicted to last two more years in this thread. I mean, I'm pulling both Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and Deathstroke, but I really don't see either of them lasting that long. Unless, like I said, Deathstroke vs. Batman really pulls in about 10k more readers.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait for AQUAMAN #50.

That book is so strong, just keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    It's a bit of a cheat because so many books were and still are biweekly. Those ones are obvious. I mean we know Batman gets to #50, and probably Tomasi's Superman will get right near #50 before the Bendis relaunch, right?
    Wrong. Superman ends at #45. Then an annual to wrap up, then a new #1.

Priest is not leaving, Priest was not at the retreat, he was with some Marvel writers at some dinner ...unless the dinner was the retreat, in any case he was invited to dinner b/c he was in town.

Priest is writing a book for Lionforge as well, so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Also I concur, I think Deathstroke will reach 50 and probably end.
    Yes, he WAS at the actual retreat. Marvel posted a video with him in it.
    http://community.comicbookresources....eative-retreat
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think issue #45 could be classed as being right near to issue #50.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Yes, he WAS at the actual retreat. Marvel posted a video with him in it.
    http://community.comicbookresources....eative-retreat
    Ok, so he was at the "retreat", I still don't believe he is going anywhere b/c he has commitments with Lionforge that go beyond him just writing a comic for them.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Ok, so he was at the "retreat", I still don't believe he is going anywhere b/c he has commitments with Lionforge that go beyond him just writing a comic for them.
    Both DC and Marvel let their exclusive writers do image and other small publishers, they just don't want them writing with their direct competitors. Saying that, I am also wary of him actually becoming a marvel exclusive. Bleeding Cool reported that Priest just happened to be in the city and since he was a friend of the editors, they just let him sit in.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    About 12 Titles, not counting the ones that will relaunch and then reach 50 issues. (Superman, Action Comics, Justice League, Titans?, Teen Titans?)
    Aquaman
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Green Lanterns
    Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    You think Batgirl has a better chance of reaching 50 than Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member

I doubt that any of the monthly books will make it to 50, because I don't think that the Rebirth Phase will last that long.
    I suspect it will End after Dooms Day Clock, and by that time these books will still be in the 30s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Why do we have to start over on ANY numbering???? Why can't they just leave things alone.
    I'll be impressed if any currently running title gets to #100 without resorting to legacy numbering.

We need 2 sets of numbers, a legacy number from the beginning of that particular volume, and then I guess a second number for DC since they can't seem to count very high anymore and think the words "issue #1" will bring in more sales. It doesn't for me. If I want a book, I'm buying it, not because it's a number one issue.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    We need 2 sets of numbers, a legacy number from the beginning of that particular volume, and then I guess a second number for DC since they can't seem to count very high anymore and think the words "issue #1" will bring in more sales. It doesn't for me. If I want a book, I'm buying it, not because it's a number one issue.
    It's sad that DC has gotten to the point of renumbering long running volumes so often. Not only because it's insulting to long time fans and to the legacies of the characters, but because that's one of the main things that Marvel has been heavily criticized for doing. If you see another company making a huge mistake, then why wouldn't you willingly repeat it?!? Especially when your company is doing better with long term fans than the one whose mistakes you are trying to copy.