Page 268 of 295 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm currently just spending on old Nightwing comic and old comics with Dick Grayson. I did buy the latest Nightwing Annual though.
    Basically the same here. I don't read a book when it's not good (by my standards) but since the Ric thing got started I've felt the need to continue supporting Nightwing, just to show that I love the character but not this direction. So I've been buying as much merchandise as I can find; t-shirts and magnets and even an action figure. Gotta show DC that I support Nightwing, but won't support bullsh*t comics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Live action Nightwing was cool, nailed his style, but the episode itself was all kinds of weird. It rushed to tie up the loose ends with Deathstoke, and the stuff with Donna was just weird. I don’t know where they are going with that, if anywhere.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-29-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Live action Nightwing was cool, nailed his style, but the episode itself was all kinds of weird. It rushed to tie up the loose ends with Deathstoke, and the stuff with Donna was just weird. I don’t know where they are going with that, if anywhere.
    I think I am ready for him to hve his solo spin off now

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I agree. Nightwing was cool, the rest was so underwhelming.

spoilers:
    Donna's death was so dumb. And looks like Rachel will revive her, which make even less sense for her to die.
    end of spoilers

I have mixed feelings about the finale, but loved everything to do with Nightwing/Dick and figure some of the "questionable/weird" stuff they will explain and work on come S3. But they should have done a better job with the finale.

going to put full review under spoilers, just in case.

spoilers:

The good:

Dick/Nightwing. From suit to the action to Dick actually being smart and getting things done and being there when needed. Him apologizing to Gar and owning to his mistake in leaving him alone. Felt like the Nightwing I know and love!

Bruce. Love him messing up Mercy's plans and OMG the smiley emojis. this Bruce actually has a sense of humor (though might be a tad influenced by his villains lol) and TIME for his kids (well at least who seems to be possibly be his favorite kid on this show) and shows he cares and even helps out the Titans. Take note comics writers! Loved the talk between him and Dick. He is great.

Jason showing up for Donna's funeral. Awww...

Elko. The reveal it was Rachel's doing all along. awesome.

Donna actually showing some power. She was able to stand her ground against Superboy for a while (which does make one wonder why she did so pourly against Deathstroke though) AND I think we actually saw her show some superspeed at the very end, which was weird.

The bad:

the resolution to both Deathstroke and Cadmus was very rushed and lame. Which makes me think in S3 or onward they will reappear but honestly Titans thinking Deathstroke was dead for sure was stupid. They didn't even really CHECK in any way. Dick just looked down and said "yes" lol. Did they just leave him lying in the street like that and went on to the carnival? and never bothered to check again? Dumb dumb dumb. And Cadmus's brainwashing shouldn't have been so easy to break. Although it was nice and made sense for Rachel to be able to reach Gar and loved that Dick figured out how to save Conner we should have seen them doing checkups on them and trying to undo the damage because what Cadmus did was also something physical. The way it is, I feel they might snap back at anytime. Especially Gar. Wouldn't listen classical music around him!

Donna's death. Easily the dumbest death ever. Really, show? Deathstroke didn't kill her. Superboy didn't kill her. Falling debree electrocuted and killed her? Seriously? Who did the actress piss of so much? (though guess Rachel will just revive her for S3 so guess no one, they just needed their promos to say "a titan will fall down as another rises" and needed it to be not permanent),,

The Questionable:

Jericho/Rose. So, will they always be a dual act? Or will Rachel came in S3 and fix that situation too after reviving Donna. Because if so they are getting very close to overdoing the Rachel trick where she just fixes everything. But I feel it is a situation that DOES need to be fixed somehow.

Was the Amazon whose hand Dick was shaking supposed to be Diana? if not, where the hell is Diana?

Blackfire... Err, kind of convenient of her to come down to earth to mess with her sister when we know Kory didn't have the means to go back home and Titans aren't likely to be able to space travel. I am sure saves the show budget too. But really, why would she even bother? But not going to judge too harshly yet, guess s3 will explain it. I am guessing she might be facing resistance to her rule and came down to earth to kill off Kory to put an end to it all.

and I still wish Hawk and Dove to have their spin-off and be gone from Titans. But must admit at this point I like Hank better than Dawn. The guy can at least self-reflect and be humble and isnt always "me, me, me, I am great and wonderful, how dare you not listen to me/disappoint me/disagree with me".
    end of spoilers

Season 2 wasn’t terrible but like season 1 it had a weak finale. Nightwing was totally the best part tho!
    spoilers:
    The fight with Deathstroke was disappointing. I never thought Dick was in danger of losing. Slade is a badass, but against Dick, Donna, Raven, Dawn and Rose? he had no chance, and really it didn’t look like Dick and Rose had THAT hard a time beating him. I didn’t care about the Cadmus plot. And Donna’s death was lame. British Bruce continues to be jarring.
    end of spoilers I don’t know if I’m checking out next season. Again this wasn’t bad but it didn’t leave me wanting more. But if I do it’ll probably be just for Dick and Jason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I agree. Nightwing was cool, the rest was so underwhelming.

spoilers:
    Donna's death was so dumb. And looks like Rachel will revive her, which make even less sense for her to die.
    end of spoilers
    And that's not going to go well at all. I've seen this plot too many times in comics, cartoons, anime, manga and books to know how this ends. It always leads to trauma for everyone involved.
    Last edited by king81992; 11-29-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Season 2 wasn’t terrible but like season 1 it had a weak finale. Nightwing was totally the best part tho!
    spoilers:
    The fight with Deathstroke was disappointing. I never thought Dick was in danger of losing. Slade is a badass, but against Dick, Donna, Raven, Dawn and Rose? he had no chance, and really it didn’t look like Dick and Rose had THAT hard a time beating him. I didn’t care about the Cadmus plot. And Donna’s death was lame. British Bruce continues to be jarring.
    end of spoilers I don’t know if I’m checking out next season. Again this wasn’t bad but it didn’t leave me wanting more. But if I do it’ll probably be just for Dick and Jason.
    Deathstroke would often singlehandedly take out the titans as a team

Incredible Member

As his tailor predicted, Dicks new suit enabled him to fight like an acrobat, not just like a bruiser like he had been doing.
    Much more satisfying!

Titans really needs a new showrunner...

But Nightwing was undeniably dope, him shutting down Slade (with Rose's help) as his first fight was the best I could ask from his live action debut. The rest of the episode, on the other hand, is best left to the birds

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    Titans really needs a new showrunner...

But Nightwing was undeniably dope, him shutting down Slade (with Rose's help) as his first fight was the best I could ask from his live action debut. The rest of the episode, on the other hand, is best left to the birds
    This is His first wing against deathstroke as nightwing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Deathstroke would often singlehandedly take out the titans as a team
    Maybe in the cartoons and comics, but here Dick and Rose were able to overpower him themselves. And it’s hard to feel any stakes when reinforcements were literally waiting in the car a few feet from them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Maybe in the cartoons and comics, but here Dick and Rose were able to overpower him themselves. And it’s hard to feel any stakes when reinforcements were literally waiting in the car a few feet from them.
    Who the unpredictable raven, depowered starfire, he already wrecked Donna and that leaves dove
    Deathstroke has been able to beat the whole team at once on his own in comics, so I had no idea how this was going to go

Last edited by Rac7d*; 11-30-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Tom King and Mikel Janín are working on something Grayson related:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5kraCFh...=1jmr9fkvptql1

So, does that mean Ric is finally done?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tom King and Mikel Janín are working on something Grayson related:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5kraCFh...=1jmr9fkvptql1

So, does that mean Ric is finally done?
    One can hope so. But it can also be that "Ric" becomes the new status quo for Dick going forward, as part of DiDio's plan to erase that generation to stop his favorite characters from looking "old".