Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I noticed some reused art. I feel like Arakko's origin got retold almost every issue. There was so much unnecessary exposition about the different realms too. The only things I really liked were the Hellions issues, which sold me on the team dynamic and persuaded me to continue reading, and Scott and Jean's decision to restart the X-Men and step away from the Quiet Council. Otherwise, I was very unimpressed with the whole event.

So much work (albeit clumsy work, in my opinion) went into trying to establish the Arakko mutants as credible villains and then they were thrust into catwalk contests and arm wrestles. I appreciated that it was more than just simple swordfights, but most of the match-ups had such poor premises that it's no wonder that they were often limited to single panels or text pages. Even the points were mishandled. Why have Krakoa be so far behind the whole way, only to have Gorgon even the playing field in a single battle? It seemed like a really lazy way to bring some tension at the very end.

Overall, it felt more like a collection of ideas jotted down on a notepad than a thought-out, structured crossover. Even if Hickman's run is 'redeemed' down the line with a clear explanation of what's been going on, I don't think X of Swords can be recovered for me.
    I'm not looking forward to getting to that part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Oh yeah, even if you're not enjoying the X-books today, you can be thankful that we're not back in that era!
    Yeah, this is still true.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

I'm still enjoying it, but I can see the era starting to close. With Hickman moving on to a new title, it's making me wonder if his grand plan is being put into high gear. I'm also starting to think that Trial of Magneto will lead into the next sub era, maybe a "Fall of X" or so.
    I've noticed a sharp increase in quality in a lot of the books since X of Swords, New Mutants seems to have more consistent writing quality with Reis who is doing amazing work on that book, Excalibur has gone from being the build-up to a larger event to dealing with the direct fallout and X-Men finally started to tie up some loose ends.
    I'll say the weakest book for me is Wolverine, which is just Wolverine doing his own thing, I'm enjoying still however.

I'll say this, there's a lot of us who enjoy this a lot, and for us, it's not something we'll ever get again or even really want again. I want to see them stick with Krakoa through later runs however as I feel going back to the Mansion so soon will be regressing to a point where the X-Men remain static.
    For those that don't like it, it'll be over soon and you won't have to have something like this again.

Personally, I think the perfect mixture for the next writer would be if there was a split between Krakoa and the Mansion folks, but we've already seen that as well.
    Anyway, I'm gonna be digging the crazy sex islands for as long as I can.

Also, yeah, I get what they were doing with the reused art in X-Men, I get what they were trying to do, I don't really think that worked either. That was a low point in this era, but so far, I'm enjoying the ride.

Given all the refugees etc mutants have saved in this era. I am really hoping Mars is terraformed but not for just mutants. What i am hoping is they set up a mutant society and that is where humans, aliens, whoever can come and join their new society. But Krakoa (the main island) will remain on Earth for mutants only.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Given all the refugees etc mutants have saved in this era. I am really hoping Mars is terraformed but not for just mutants. What i am hoping is they set up a mutant society and that is where humans, aliens, whoever can come and join their new society. But Krakoa (the main island) will remain on Earth for mutants only.
    That would be really interesting to see, basically showing Earth how proper integration could have gone. I like the idea,
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That would be really interesting to see, basically showing Earth how proper integration could have gone. I like the idea,
    Why would it go any different? Mutants are humans, and plenty of human societies have tried to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Why would it go any different? Mutants are humans, and plenty of human societies have tried to do that.
    Because ideally it would be in good faith. If you are choosing to go live on a world terraformed by mutants where they are offering you a different way of life where you won't have pollution or cars all over the rd etc, just imagining, i don't think people would go there with the intent of doing harm to anybody so on that basis and with potentially free drugs for all mars inhabitants etc, it could be a really good thing for the mu and something different. Be cool seeing a planet not that far from earth that becomes a place for galaxy wide refugees and like minded lovers of all. Of course every place has it's seedy stories but it could be cool.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Consider that the character who died in that story was named Phoenix.

For me, it was the execution of the resurrection and the aftermath and not the resurrection itself that hurt so much. Seems to me that Jean was guaranteed at least one return.
    Everything I have said about DPS is why I am in favour of the resurrection protocols. At the same time that doesn't mean I want to see a cheap death and resurrection every issue.
    What was it you didn't like about the resurrection and aftermath?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Because ideally it would be in good faith. If you are choosing to go live on a world terraformed by mutants where they are offering you a different way of life where you won't have pollution or cars all over the rd etc, just imagining, i don't think people would go there with the intent of doing harm to anybody so on that basis and with potentially free drugs for all mars inhabitants etc, it could be a really good thing for the mu and something different. Be cool seeing a planet not that far from earth that becomes a place for galaxy wide refugees and like minded lovers of all. Of course every place has it's seedy stories but it could be cool.
    I really love this idea.
    I'm not going to speculate on why they're probably (most likely) terraforming Mars (the idea of which HiX-Man more or less seeded a long time ago in his Avengers run.) but this would be a really plausible and interesting plot direction.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That fits perfectly with the theme of the Gala as well. Also, if Hickman’s unannounced book is starring Storm then she would be the perfect person to lead the charge for a more integrated society. Fingers crossed that you’re right!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, it would be interesting to see how that would play out. There's a possibility of really making coexistence work - although by that token it could also go horribly wrong, with baseline humans ending up as second-class citizen.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    Everything I have said about DPS is why I am in favour of the resurrection protocols. At the same time that doesn't mean I want to see a cheap death and resurrection every issue.
    What was it you didn't like about the resurrection and aftermath?
    Just how silly it was that Jean was in a pod or something, that Scott's character (and Maddie as well) was hurt to get him back to Jean, this incorrect perception of Jean's character, having to work through the destroying an entire planet thing.

The resurrection protocols don't work for me because the answer to meaningless deaths isn't to make them more meaningless.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That fits perfectly with the theme of the Gala as well. Also, if Hickman’s unannounced book is starring Storm then she would be the perfect person to lead the charge for a more integrated society. Fingers crossed that you’re right!
    Hickman did seem to enjoy writing Storm.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

My interest level just went through the roof with the return of adult Cable, penned by Al Ewing, and the character’s apparent involvement in the upcoming space stuff. Also excited for the big plans for Storm, whatever they are, and I feel that they are also interplanetary. Hoping those two cross paths or maybe even appear together in the Hickman book in September. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My interest level just went through the roof with the return of adult Cable, penned by Al Ewing, and the character’s apparent involvement in the upcoming space stuff. Also excited for the big plans for Storm, whatever they are, and I feel that they are also interplanetary. Hoping those two cross paths or maybe even appear together in the Hickman book in September. Fingers crossed.
    What do you think of Marvel launching this return series immediately into a crossover event? Would an over-sized one-shot or tie-in mini-series leading into a new ongoing have been better or do you think this is good or even better? I'm not sure how I feel, but Al Ewing seems to be the best overall writer at Marvel right now so I'm sure he'll make it work.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how that would play out. There's a possibility of really making coexistence work - although by that token it could also go horribly wrong, with baseline humans ending up as second-class citizen.
    That will happen because Krakoan society puts the vlue of the being on having powers, we already see many of mutants supremacism on all books