Page 814 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3147147648048108118128138148158168178188248649141314 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    What i dont get is that he isnt an idiot.
    If he would be, i could understand some of his actions.
    But he clearly isnt stupid, he shows that by how he used his fanbase to get what he wanted.

So why does he show around the GL John Stewart picture during the screening of his new movie, taking away every attention from the movie?
    He could have posted that on twitter or so later after the hype for his zombie movie died down.
    Instead he uses that to get people to talk about the GL thing...why?

Is it out of spite? I dont get it.
    I think he just really likes pleasing his fans.

Plus I’m sure after whatever craziness goes on behind studio doors and the constant back-and-forth of it all, he’s probably just happy other people get excited about ideas the studio shot down.

I don’t think he gets that sometimes waving things in peoples face spontaneously like that isn’t always helpful.

Incredible Member

I posted this in another thread, but I decided to post here as well because I think this is very important. Basically, WarnerMedia will have a new owner.

It’s Official: AT&T and Discovery Detail Merger Plans

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...mpression=true

According to this article, AT&T is done with WarnerMedia

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...edia-discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but I decided to post here as well because I think this is very important. Basically, WarnerMedia will have a new owner.

What may this mean for us the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    An actual entertainment company handling entertainment? Should be good for the fans.

And hopefully not one saddled with a huge amount of debt.

Maybe this time, they'll have people willing to invest in these characters and not get cold feet if a project doesn't star Batman or Superman. Oh and actually capitalize on the success of these characters. How is it that Harley Quinn got her own cartoon show even though her movie bombed but Wonder Woman and Aquaman don't have animated shows despite the success of their solo outings?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Maybe this time, they'll have people willing to invest in these characters and not get cold feet if a project doesn't star Batman or Superman. Oh and actually capitalize on the success of these characters. How is it that Harley Quinn got her own cartoon show even though her movie bombed but Wonder Woman and Aquaman don't have animated shows despite the success of their solo outings?
    Aquaman doesn't even have a comic book. WB/DC problem is they cannot think outside the box. Characters that aren't Bat or Superman cannot ever deliver if they aren't supported and promoted. At marketing level DC is light years away behind Marvel.
    Had Aquaman and WW been Marvel characters they would have milked the success those movies brought them.
    Anyhow Doubt it will change anytime soon.

Incredible Member

To begin with, Harley isn't very popular which shows how the executives at WB have been out of touch with reality. Most people love Deadpool more than her. I've seen people (even women) say that Harley is so boring and annoying. As for Wonder Woman and Aquaman I agree they should have had animated shows by now.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-17-2021 at 06:59 AM.

To begin with, Harley isn't very popular which shows how the executives at WB have been out of touch with reality. Most people love Deadpool more than her. I've seen people (even women) say that Harley is so boring and annoying. As for Wonder Woman and Aquaman I agree they should have had animated shows by now.
    Harley is meant to target a specific demo, now that demo doesn't seem to have brought any significant push at BO.

The once ridiculed Aquaman had a billion BO and DC should be happy that this character of all, after years of neglect and ridicule managed such feat. One would expect they exploit the success, instead they do the opposite, he is practically put on back burner. Seems they are angry he succeeded.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Harley is meant to target a specific demo, now that demo doesn't seem to have brought any significant push at BO.

The once ridiculed Aquaman had a billion BO and DC should be happy that this character of all, after years of neglect and ridicule managed such feat. One would expect they exploit the success, instead they do the opposite, he is practically put on back burner. Seems they are angry he succeeded.
    The Harley Animated Show debuted before Birds of Prey. Regardless of what people think of Suicide Squad, it was a commercial success. $750 million without China. Guardians of the Galaxy, which everyone loves to compare it to, earned $772 million with China. The film was a success. The costuming and merchandising sales of Harley Quinn also disagree that she is not a popular character.

Aquaman is getting a big-budget sequel with a highly desirable release date and a small animated series. Wonder Woman already had a sequel, a third approved, and is the face of the highly popular DC Super Hero Girls franchise. I'm not seeing the supposed "anger" at these properties' success.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It’s good news for the HBO Max shows and content (DC, Wizarding World, Game of Thrones...etc) since it’s confirmed they’ll be spending 20 billion a year on streaming (they were previously spending 4 billion a year). Expect way more DCEU/DC shows to be announced (live action and animated)
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Amazing Member

Im sorry for my false informations seemingly, but didnt the movie not only break even...it made a few bucks, and is critical rather well recieved.
    So im not sure where it bombed exactly...in the eye of the studio or so?

For a character that isnt as popular according to some, im not sure a critical rather positive and financial successfull movie means that it bombed...but maybe i dont see the angle on that.

I dont know, looking around and towards a more casual fanbase...it looks to me like Harley is very popular, but i guess that comes down to where people look...because i saw a lot of people be really into her.

Why we dont have more animated shows etc is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Something is definitly wrong with DC.
    Since the new 52 Aquaman has become so popular, but DC doesnt seem to want that...same with a few other things.
    I mean i love Batman, but shoving him in the spotlight with everything instead of giving Aquaman or Wonder Woman more attention considering their BO success...is strange.

Okay Aquaman came to fortnite before Batman...but i dont think that is anything to boast about.
    Its just the only big thing i remember.

Aquaman's getting an animated series at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquama...s_(miniseries)

DC is turning into a hot potato commodity
    all these companies want the content but the debt they incur and return on investment makes it tough to stick it out
    expect more layoffs and restructuring

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    The Harley Animated Show debuted before Birds of Prey. Regardless of what people think of Suicide Squad, it was a commercial success. $750 million without China. Guardians of the Galaxy, which everyone loves to compare it to, earned $772 million with China. The film was a success. The costuming and merchandising sales of Harley Quinn also disagree that she is not a popular character.

Aquaman is getting a big-budget sequel with a highly desirable release date and a small animated series. Wonder Woman already had a sequel, a third approved, and is the face of the highly popular DC Super Hero Girls franchise. I'm not seeing the supposed "anger" at these properties' success.
    I did not say Harley isn't popular, I said the demo she is meant to target did not translate into box office results. Let us not forget that BOP's name was changed to include Harley Quinn, but it brought no results.

Regarding Aquaman getting a sequel is the least, no big deal, I would want to see if they didn't have a sequel, while movies that didn't do as well, as Aquaman did, got a sequel.
    but apart that in the last three years what has been done for Aquaman? he is hardly seen, promoted or merchandised.
    He is getting a small poorly drawn animation and that's that. He hasn't even a comic book and no excuses that it didn't sell, books with similar sales got an ongoing.
    Even when the first movie came out do you remember anything special done by DC? any merchandise? they only had an Johns run Omnibus issued which was sold out in days and took months to have a reprint, by then momentum fizzled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aquaman's getting an animated series at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquama...s_(miniseries)
    Big deal!! besides the art for the animation is horrible and meant for toddlers.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-17-2021 at 08:27 AM.

every time a movie does well it somehow must correlate to a huge mega push for that character. Comics are the smallest medium out of all DC entertainment properties and movies are the highest
    So a movie doing well does mean something
    Same argument for Wonder Woman
    Aquaman is being used
    He is in video games(Injustice, etc)
    He is in TV shows (Young Justice, upcoming animated mini, Justice League animated movies)
    Somehow because Harley Quinn got an animated series that seems to have broke the brains of some people on the internet and now that along with a tv show seems to be the new goalpost for a push. In a way its disrespectful because the notion is that these unpopular smaller tier characters like stargirl or black lightning are getting content that much larger characters have right to. Its a bad mentality imo

I'm pretty sure this is a terrible argument though
    Look at the animated series Aquaman is getting it looks terrible and you can tell they made it on the cheap. Look at how bad Batwoman is currently

If you want garbage media for your favorite character because you feel its due to them no problem just say that, I do have to laugh though because Aquaman doesn't have a comic book right now and with the coming layoffs and restructuring to prioritize streaming over everything else it seems unlikely to see another until its closer to Aquaman 2