Page 164 of 359 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 5374
    Astonishing Member

This entire thing is endemic of majority of the wrestling fan base, and the people in the wrestling industry often.
    It's all about now now now, nobody looks at the future. We are talking about 1 year from now, that is no time at all, but it has to be what's going on today. Wrestling companies have gone out of business on that thinking. But when discussing the wrestling business no one can take those lessons into account, even when they use them as talking points.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    when Netflix started their streaming, it was pretty abysmal and within 24 months it was the biggest thing out there
    "But netflix isn't the same and i'm going to ignore the point you were making and focus on that!"

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Nevermind.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

on right now...WCW Bash at the Beach 1997...Sullivan vs Benoit

this was Sullivans "retirement" match as a full time performer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Nevermind.
    Wait is it 500,000 or an additional 500,000?

Fantastic Member

I don't get how they think they can break even with 500,000 subs and $30 million worth of cuts for the entire year. They must think an awful lot of people are going to convert to the $20 a month system and stick with it for the entire year.

Astonishing Member

You are copying posts from the board from people who know nothing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    Wait is it 500,000 or an additional 500,000?
    500,000 not additional

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    You are copying posts from the board from people who know nothing.
    He makes a good point though. Also considering it's month to month now if you choose and considering they claim over 130,000 cancellations shouldn't this be a sign of concern? I'm not saying that WWE is dead in 5 years but this isn't good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    He makes a good point though. Also considering it's month to month now if you choose and considering they claim over 130,000 cancellations shouldn't this be a sign of concern? I'm not saying that WWE is dead in 5 years but this isn't good.
    He doesn't make a good point.
    He opens it up saying he doesn't understand, that invalidates everything he would go on to say because he has no understanding.
    They had 130,000 cancellations and 160,000 something new subs, AFTER mania. The fact that people could cancel is a problem because they locked into a six month commitment and shouldn't be able too, but they also recovered that lose and added more.
    And again, next year they will be making money at the level they are at now domesticly.

Astonishing Member

Here are the questions he needs to answer to make that a good point.
    Who is being fired and how much do they make?
    What else is being cut and how much are they cutting with this?
    He doesn't know so he has no point, he just has a feeling. I feel like i want a steak right now, it doesn't make it a fact that i will have the steak because i brought up that i want it.

Fantastic Member

Let's bump this a year from today and see where things stand. You can make all the cuts you want but if things don't improve you can't keep cutting after a while. They are better off just keeping Rumble and Wrestlemania off the network and roll the dice on the rest of the shows on the network.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=alex;364143]He doesn't make a good point.
    He opens it up saying he doesn't understand, that invalidates everything he would go on to say because he has no understanding.
    They had 130,000 cancellations and 160,000 something new subs, AFTER mania. The fact that people could cancel is a problem because they locked into a six month commitment and shouldn't be able too, but they also recovered that lose and added more.
    And again, next year they will be making money at the level they are at now domesticly.[/QUOTE]

In theory, like in theory they were going to be over 1 million by the end of the year.

Astonishing Member

You don't need to bump the thread, just keep it in mind. We do a podcast every week, it's not like you won't be talking to me.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=marvell2k;364160]
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    He doesn't make a good point.
    And again, next year they will be making money at the level they are at now domesticly.[/QUOTE]

In theory, like in theory they were going to be over 1 million by the end of the year.
    That was a guess at a number, this is a statement on an actual financial situation they presented based on the money they know they are going to save.
    So they have direct control over this, they don't have direct control over people ordering their product.