Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

New Luke Cage clip

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Second season streaming today.

That opening to shook ones got me hooked already.

There's a lot more gore this season than the other shows.

I approve of Luke's selection of classic hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's a lot more gore this season than the other shows.

I approve of Luke's selection of classic hip hop.
    Last seasons I was wondering wtf was going on with Shades and Mariah. Well they answered that question quick this season. Ewwww

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Last seasons I was wondering wtf was going on with Shades and Mariah. Well they answered that question quick this season. Ewwww
    Mariah got him whipped. I don't think Shades buddy will be long for this world. He's getting on her bad side and he was checking out her daughter when she paid a visit. He getting a champagne bottle to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mariah got him whipped. I don't think Shades buddy will be long for this world. He's getting on her bad side and he was checking out her daughter when she paid a visit. He getting a champagne bottle to the head.
    Iono I'm only one episode in but last season he was manipulating her. Could be cool if they have a back and forth. Comanche being played by a a retired football player, so I doubt he lasts long regardless

Incredible Member

I'm on episode 10 now, and I am loving this season so far. Ever character interaction, every story arc has me invested so far, as opposed to season 1 where I wasn't enjoying it after Cottonmouth died and Diamondback returned. Every actor has material that really gives them time to shine.

Iron Fist in the episode was shining, I love his interaction with Luke and how he has grown since season 1 and Defenders. I hope they keep this going into Iron Fist season 2.

Extraordinary Member

Not for nothing I think Inspector Closeau is a better Cop than Misty Knight. Yikes.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

It's kinda sad, they backtracked so much.

Misty is meant to grow outside of her boring ass role as a cop, she lost her arm and was meant to go full daughters of the dragon and this season back peddled the hell out of that growth.

Mariah is still fucking boring.

They gave Shades an interesting plot thread that lasts two scenes then he's back to being bland and unimportant.

The Iron Fist cameo episode is more like a "look! we fixed it!" Danny is more mature, not whiny, has way better fight choreography and when he leaves we're back to the same old boring ass show.

You expect me to belive a D list gangster wannabe like Mariah is meant to give Luke or cops trouble? It's engineered plot to keep the actresses contract with the show going.

Bushmaster is probably the only interesting character not already established, and like most MCU Netflix stuff, they do their damnedest to shy away from any mysticism or supernatural elements.

All this show did was make me hope they copy the comics and rebrand Luke Cage as a Power Man & Iron Fist show and let Iron Fist keep his own show to actualy do mysticism stuff. Because the format of the Luke Cage show is TIRED.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post

Misty is meant to grow outside of her boring ass role as a cop, she lost her arm and was meant to go full daughters of the dragon and this season back peddled the hell out of that growth.

They gave Shades an interesting plot thread that lasts two scenes then he's back to being bland and unimportant.

The Iron Fist cameo episode is more like a "look! we fixed it!" Danny is more mature, not whiny, has way better fight choreography and when he leaves we're back to the same old boring ass show.

You expect me to belive a D list gangster wannabe like Mariah is meant to give Luke or cops trouble? It's engineered plot to keep the actresses contract with the show going.

Bushmaster is probably the only interesting character not already established, and like most MCU Netflix stuff, they do their damnedest to shy away from any mysticism or supernatural elements.

All this show did was make me hope they copy the comics and rebrand Luke Cage as a Power Man & Iron Fist show and let Iron Fist keep his own show to actualy do mysticism stuff. Because the format of the Luke Cage show is TIRED.
    Mariah was great IMO I think "For Pete's Sake" was the best episode of the season due to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mariah was great IMO I think "For Pete's Sake" was the best episode of the season due to her.
    I don't agree. i think Cottonmouth was a way better more charismatic more threatening villain. While Mariah flounders to hell and it's always plot contrivance why one of her rivals doesn't just shoot her in the face. She's so small fry in the show, with very little power yet we're meant to believe she's a super level threat despite how incompetent and reckless she is.

i had major issues with her taking over as villain in season 1, felt like a major step down and they continued making her a crappy villain in season 2. And worse they dragged poor Shades into her storyline to be her bitch.

I think the Iron Fist team up episode saved this season from being worse than Jessica Jones season 2, but it's still super low on my list due to Mariah and the constant rehashing in the show.

Daredevil S1
    Jessica Jones S1
    Daredevil S2
    Punisher S1
    Defenders S1
    Iron Fist S1
    Luke Cage S2
    Jessica Jones S2
    Luke Cage S1

Only 6 episodes in and I disagree 100% I'm loving this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Only 6 episodes in and I disagree 100% I'm loving this season.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

One thing i must say is they got some great directors this season, the show looks amazing. And they did some great use of negative space, camera work etc. Some direction that was really missing in Jessica Jones season 2 which looked generic and dull.

I just wish Cage S2 had the story to be worthy such great directing.

disagree 100%

I don't think Misty regressed at all. She's the only useful cop in a insufficient department and going vigilante and living off her pension wouldn't feel right. She pretty much made Cage her partner so staying a cop doesn't hurt her at all.

Mariah was great all season. She was quite the monster and honestly I wanted her to see her die when everything was said and done. They did a wonderful job turning her into a villain I loved to hate.

Loved this season. I'm interesting in seeing where it goes from here.