Page 381 of 719 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    She did not fall unconscious because she continued to speak and her scene ended with her eyes wide open and emanating energy. She coordinated the attack after she infiltrated the symbiote god's mind. Noone was getting anywhere with Knull before she got there and no one was getting anywhere with him until after she started telepathically coordinating everyone's moves.

The truth shall set you free.
    She is collapsed on the ground.
    she did not defeat BK and did not come close to doing so.
    so stop lying that some if we read the event.

In the final issue that follows that one.
    jean does not cordina anything it was just a wallpapper.
    new Venom defeated only Black King, with a little help from Thor's Mjlonir.

Jean didn't contribute anything to BK's defeat so let's stop lying

Extraordinary Member

Let me just place this exquisite little bookmark here for safekeeping... I always love when the actual professionals opine.

bruh you really think CBR has any credibility

https://www.reddit.com/r/FullmetalAl...as_and_comics/

This thread has many examples where they have no idea what they are talking about specially power scaling
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-21-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    She is collapsed on the ground.
    she did not defeat BK and did not come close to doing so.
    so stop lying that some if we read the event.

In the final issue that follows that one.
    jean does not cordina anything it was just a wallpapper.
    new Venom defeated only Black King, with a little help from Thor's Mjlonir.

Thank you
    she literally just broke in and passed out.

It's a great feat but let's stop pretending she did any damage to him

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thank you
    she literally just broke in and passed out.

It's a great feat but let's stop pretending she did any damage to him
    Yeah. Agreed with You.

Talk about a blatant and unadulterated lie...

And this still stands:

Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-21-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

In all seriousness, guys. It doesn't make much sense for us to be fighting here. Power levels vary like crazy in all the MU and the writers can (and will) always come up with some excuse to get to the outcome they want. Which, let's face it: will be in favour of the Avengers. They'll defeat even the mutant reality wrapers, unless losing for them is the premise for some crazy story.

The Avengers are Earth's Mightiest Heroes by mandate and that won't change. They'll only lose if the story requires them to lose.

I choose to side with the journalist - a professional - who picked Jean for the list.

In other news, I just stumbled upon these pages, which make one fall even harder for Jean. As always, she is exquisitely and alluringly assertive here. Although knowing what we know, the revelation regarding Jean's family is heartbreaking in the end, I do love how she repeatedly criticizes Scott for not calling Madelyne Pryor and urges him to do so. Of course, she is never given credit for this.

People unable to have civil disagreements may find themselves with unscheduled vacations from the site.

Also, this a Jean Grey appreciation thread. If you're just here to crap on the character, it's time for you to find something else to do.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member

Aw. I find you admitting that endearing. As for the Avengers…

Peel the skin off of their skulls and…

Cut. The. Blood. Flow.

��
    I don't see why me saying Spidey would loose is endearing.
    I don't need my faves to be stronger than everyone or convince myself that they are.

As for T.K.

1)Cap-she can easily take care of him with this
    2)Iron man-The suit will still function and is too strong for her too crush.And Iron man has plently of weaponry that Jean can't defend against.

Sonic attack (ultra high pitched noise that disorients, disables, or distracts them enough for you to shoot them...while Iron man is wearing ear protection of course)

Light attack high candlepower strobe weapons (yes they exist) which can blind and/or temporarily disable a person through vertigo, then shoot 'em

Chemical attack (less certain) there are a variety of soporific and lethal gasses that are undetectable until they are taking effect (or have taken effect). Pretty hard to deploy without showing that you're protecting yourself for most, Tony's suit doesn't have this problem.

Directed radiation attacks. Microwave (heats the blood), or laser attacks. Both exist (though are expensive and hard to acquire). Their TK would have to be pretty strong to be able to protect themselves from straight up radiation.Jean can't, we saw this in Lorna with genosha IIRC, she wanted someone with radiation resistance to go in.

Thor-Way too fast for that.Deadpool wasn't even fighting or wanting too.And he can call his hammer which will one shot Jean and it's way faster than the blood flow.Her TK won't stop hammer.

Hulk-Insane Hax resistance.You can cut him up into little pieces and he will still regenerate(Not hyperbole, the Avengers did this).It's worth noting Hulk let them do this and reformed as soon as he wanted.All his body parts were in different Jars and he was still functioning.Blood flow isn't stoping him.A thunderclap would kill Jean a thousand times over.

I don't mean to be rude.Jean is an amazing character and i like her a lot but there are things even she can't do.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-21-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I choose to side with the journalist - a professional - who picked Jean for the list.

In other news, I just stumbled upon these pages, which make one fall even harder for Jean. As always, she is exquisitely and alluringly assertive here. Although knowing what we know, the revelation regarding Jean's family is heartbreaking in the end, I do love how she repeatedly criticizes Scott for not calling Madelyne Pryor and urges him to do so. Of course, she is never given credit for this.

Great moment.

Also I provided a thread which states why "professionals" who make those lists are to put it politely unreliable and sometimes straight up wrong.

I don't see why me saying Spidey would loose in endearing.
    I don't need my faves to be stronger than everyone or convince myself that they are.
    Because I find it endearing, that's why. It's cute.

As for T.K.

1)Cap-she can easily take care of him with this.
    Agreed.

2)Iron man-The suit will still function and is too strong for her too crush.And Iron man has plently of weaponry that Jean can't defend against.
    Why do you assume she would try to use her tk forcefully to "crush" his suit. She can subtly take it apart, a screw here, a screw there. She can dismantle it.

Thor-Way too fast for that.Deadpool wasn't even fighting or wanting too.And he can call his hammer which will one shot Jean and it's way faster than the blood flow.Her TK won't stop hammer.
    Again, we're assuming that she would wait if she already knows they're going to fight. Cut. The. Blood. Flow. (lmao!)

Hulk-Insane Hax reisistance.You can cut him up into little pieces and he will still regenerate(Not hyperbole, the Avengers did this).It's worth noting Hulk let them do this and reformed as soon as he wanted.All his body parts were in different Jars and he was still functioning.Blood flow isn't stoping him.A thunderclap would kill Jean a thousand times over.
    He won't be immune to her telepathic assaults, just like he wasn't in the 1960s. I get it, he's stronger now, but so is she. Much stronger. If that fails, she can hurl his ass out of earth's orbit.

I don't mean to be rude.Jean is a amazing character and i like her a lot but there are things she can't even do.
    I don't think you're being mean-spirited. I think you really do believe what you're saying and the arguments you're presenting. And you're probably a fan of these characters too. To give GS credit, if the writers want Jean to win, she will. If they want the Avengers to win, they will. What I don't like is Jean being undermined and having all of her feats ignored or mischaracterized.

Whether you think a professional journalist is unreliable... well, that is your opinion. For the most part, I value professional writers' opinions.

Fantastic Member

Jean on the ground defeated, and was not even close to defeating her. Do yeah, what she did was useless.

We have BK as if nothing in the whole next chapter and Jean as a simple spectator fighting against simple symbiotss.

The one who defeats BK was the new Venom.
    enough to give jean merits that she doesn't have.
    Did you just read the last page?
    1st *everyone* has been taken over by the symbiote, jean was not
    2nd Jean guided Dylan to disrupt BK power to release the "Thor" you've been clamoring about
    3rd Jean guided everyone to strike all at once in a single location and de-stablize the symbiote link
    4th - Jean was the one who learned of BK weakness, the Enigma force, where it is, and SS was able to help after.

While I agree Jean Grey alone did not defeat BK, she was PIVOTAL to his defeat. Without Jean, everyone will be shooting in the dark trying to deal with BK. No one would know what to do.
    Oh, and Jean, the one that faints, was one of FEW who's left standing for some reason...
    Sorry to break it yah, Venom did not defeat BK alone, he had help from THor and the Enigma Force. So Venom did not do it on his own. So this "new Venom" of yours is an Enigma Force drugged Venom.

While we're at the topic of Hulk, you do realize Jean shut down Hulk's human side, aka Bruce Banner, waaaaaay back even before she was branded Omega (i think).
    When the Avengers was on X-Men Read, they all need Magneto's helmet to avoid Nova's mental attacks, incuding Thor. Jean did not need it.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Spiderfan00, no one can prove that Jean can do it because a lot depends on the fight itself. For instance, who are the Avengers and how many? The more Avengers you have in the team who aren't telepathically protected somehow, the more allies Jean gets to fight *with* her in a matter of a simple mass suggestion: "defend me".

It won't work on all of them for sure. But it buys her time.

So you see... it's really hard to really have an impartial discussion like this, without actually establishing who will be there and at what power level.

For instance, back in the 60s, Jean had tk-sensitivity already. But Morrison made a big deal out of it. That makes a huge difference. We would first have to establish if Jean currently has that or not.

You see the problem?

Extraordinary Member

Because I find it endearing, that's why. It's cute.

Agreed.

Why do you assume she would try to use her tk forcefully to "crush" his suit. She can subtly take it apart, a screw here, a screw there. She can dismantle it.

Again, we're assuming that she would wait if she already knows they're going to fight. Cut. The. Blood. Flow. (lmao!)

He won't be immune to her telepathic assaults, just like he wasn't in the 1960s. I get it, he's stronger now, but so is she. Much stronger. If that fails, she can hurl his ass out of earth's orbit.

I don't think you're being mean-spirited. I think you really do believe what you're saying and the arguments you're presenting. And you're probably a fan of these characters too. To give GS credit, if the writers want Jean to win, she will. If they want the Avengers to win, they will. What I don't like is Jean being undermined and having all of her feats ignored or mischaracterized.

Whether you think a professional journalist is unreliable... well, that is your opinion. For the most part, I value professional writers' opinions.

Iron man's suit is made of liquid metal technology.There's no screws for her to mess up.

And as soon as he feels said blood Flow(you are saying Jean gets the drop on them which I concur is necessary for this to be a fight) he is still fast enough for the hammer strike.

He is.Read any morden hulk comic.Any telepath and even astral plane magic stuff from Doctor Strange couldn't take him down.
    She can't.Hulk can easily thunderclap her way before that.

Yeah that's always been the case.It's writers choice.We are trying to do a hypothetical.

It's all cool.

Just one thing I feel you ignore, all this is happening at the same time.This isn't a 1v1 case.All these guys plus Captain marvel,Ghost rider, Blade and Black Panther(also Echo phoenix and the starbrand but let's leave them out for now since that's just a stomp) will be with them too.Even if you believe she can do this 1v1(it's doubtful imo but I can see it happening) but together(they are a very good team with amazing team-work and experience) is just not viable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Did you just read the last page?
    1st *everyone* has been taken over by the symbiote, jean was not
    2nd Jean guided Dylan to disrupt BK power to release the "Thor" you've been clamoring about
    3rd Jean guided everyone to strike all at once in a single location and de-stablize the symbiote link
    4th - Jean was the one who learned of BK weakness, the Enigma force, where it is, and SS was able to help after.

While I agree Jean Grey alone did not defeat BK, she was PIVOTAL to his defeat. Without Jean, everyone will be shooting in the dark trying to deal with BK. No one would know what to do.
    Oh, and Jean, the one that faints, was one of FEW who's left standing for some reason...
    Sorry to break it yah, Venom did not defeat BK alone, he had help from THor and the Enigma Force. So Venom did not do it on his own. So this "new Venom" of yours is an Enigma Force drugged Venom.

While we're at the topic of Hulk, you do realize Jean shut down Hulk's human side, aka Bruce Banner, waaaaaay back even before she was branded Omega (i think).
    When the Avengers was on X-Men Read, they all need Magneto's helmet to avoid Nova's mental attacks, incuding Thor. Jean did not need it.
    You're an angel.